Chic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was rainy and chilly here in Okinawa, Japan but we had a great church service and egg hunt. I decided to change up the living room side tables and coffee table now that the Easter decor is put away. My first mission was to find a couple of boxes that the remotes could fit in. Is that a pet peeve for you too?
Chic and Practical Remote Control Storage Ideas
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I arranged the coffee table decor around two wooden boxes that were the perfect size. No more ugly remotes! When looking for the perfect size container for your remotes or game controllers, make sure to check discount stores like TJMax and thrift or antique stores. But first, shop your house! You might surprise yourself with a discovery that’s perfect for remotes.
Search for jewelry boxes, decorative storage containers, and antique cigar boxes. Boxes with textures like wood or woven material and pretty patterns are also options.
Shopping Ideas for Remote Control Storage
Update: Here’s how it looked in our next two homes!
More Spring Updates in Our New Rental!
I placed a pencil box on a sofa side table and potted a grocery store plant in a beautiful used candle holder. A couple of “dollar” store trinkets update the vignette for Spring.
Our curtains in the living room are another pet peeve. We have Japanese rods on all of our windows and doors so I wasn’t able to use my American style curtains and rods that I brought halfway around the world. Ha! (The movers laughed too!)
We needed twelve curtains for our living area so I found inexpensive sheers at a local store. I decided to knot them at the bottom because the length was too short and I wanted to let in all of the glorious sunlight that comes with living in Okinawa! I like the casualness of this look and think it says that we’re not too serious around here. 😉
The room is feeling very tropical which is totally appropriate for our Okinawan rental. Now if only we had sub-tropical temperatures this island is known for!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Have a lovely week friends,
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- Easy Ideas for Beautiful Covered Outdoor Living SpacesUse these simple decorating ideas for creating a beautiful space in your covered outdoor living areas. Enjoy an outside retreat while you are at home. This post is sponsored by … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- The Best Ceiling Fans for BedroomsWhy I love Fanimation as the best ceiling fans for bedrooms and a list of my favorite modern ceiling fans with and without lights. This post is sponsored by Fanimation. … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper by YourselfFollow these easy steps to prep and hang prepasted wallpaper by yourself. Change your room instantly with a mural or patterned wallpaper. I’m here to tell you it is easier … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- Easy Tips on How to Create a Colorful Bedroom Mood BoardLearn how to create a colorful bedroom mood board the easy way with a few simple steps for planning a makeover, a digital mood board, and budgeting. I’m not going … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.