Chic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was rainy and chilly here in Okinawa, Japan but we had a great church service and egg hunt. I decided to change up the living room side tables and coffee table now that the Easter decor is put away. My first mission was to find a couple of boxes that the remotes could fit in. Is that a pet peeve for you too?
Chic and Practical Remote Control Storage Ideas
*This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I arranged the coffee table decor around two wooden boxes that were the perfect size. No more ugly remotes! When looking for the perfect size container for your remotes or game controllers, make sure to check discount stores like TJMax and thrift or antique stores. But first, shop your house! You might surprise yourself with a discovery that’s perfect for remotes.
Search for jewelry boxes, decorative storage containers, and antique cigar boxes. Boxes with textures like wood or woven material and pretty patterns are also options.
Shopping Ideas for Remote Control Storage
Update: Here’s how it looked in our next two homes!
More Spring Updates in Our New Rental!
I placed a pencil box on a sofa side table and potted a grocery store plant in a beautiful used candle holder. A couple of “dollar” store trinkets update the vignette for Spring.
Our curtains in the living room are another pet peeve. We have Japanese rods on all of our windows and doors so I wasn’t able to use my American style curtains and rods that I brought halfway around the world. Ha! (The movers laughed too!)
We needed twelve curtains for our living area so I found inexpensive sheers at a local store. I decided to knot them at the bottom because the length was too short and I wanted to let in all of the glorious sunlight that comes with living in Okinawa! I like the casualness of this look and think it says that we’re not too serious around here. 😉
The room is feeling very tropical which is totally appropriate for our Okinawan rental. Now if only we had sub-tropical temperatures this island is known for!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Have a lovely week friends,
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle