Chic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was rainy and chilly here in Okinawa, Japan but we had a great church service and egg hunt. I decided to change up the living room side tables and coffee table now that the Easter decor is put away. My first mission was to find a couple of boxes that the remotes could fit in. Is that a pet peeve for you too?
Chic and Practical Remote Control Storage Ideas
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I arranged the coffee table decor around two wooden boxes that were the perfect size. No more ugly remotes! When looking for the perfect size container for your remotes or game controllers, make sure to check discount stores like TJMax and thrift or antique stores. But first, shop your house! You might surprise yourself with a discovery that’s perfect for remotes.
Search for jewelry boxes, decorative storage containers, and antique cigar boxes. Boxes with textures like wood or woven material and pretty patterns are also options.
Shopping Ideas for Remote Control Storage
Update: Here’s how it looked in our next two homes!
More Spring Updates in Our New Rental!
I placed a pencil box on a sofa side table and potted a grocery store plant in a beautiful used candle holder. A couple of “dollar” store trinkets update the vignette for Spring.
Our curtains in the living room are another pet peeve. We have Japanese rods on all of our windows and doors so I wasn’t able to use my American style curtains and rods that I brought halfway around the world. Ha! (The movers laughed too!)
We needed twelve curtains for our living area so I found inexpensive sheers at a local store. I decided to knot them at the bottom because the length was too short and I wanted to let in all of the glorious sunlight that comes with living in Okinawa! I like the casualness of this look and think it says that we’re not too serious around here. 😉
The room is feeling very tropical which is totally appropriate for our Okinawan rental. Now if only we had sub-tropical temperatures this island is known for!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Have a lovely week friends,
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes
- How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look GoodCreate beautiful artificial flower arrangements with these simple tips. Perfect for a holiday centerpiece or any time of the year. I’m not going to lie, flower arranging has never been … Read More about How to Make Artificial Flower Arrangements Look Good