Chic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was rainy and chilly here in Okinawa, Japan but we had a great church service and egg hunt. I decided to change up the living room side tables and coffee table now that the Easter decor is put away. My first mission was to find a couple of boxes that the remotes could fit in. Is that a pet peeve for you too?
Chic and Practical Remote Control Storage Ideas
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I arranged the coffee table decor around two wooden boxes that were the perfect size. No more ugly remotes! When looking for the perfect size container for your remotes or game controllers, make sure to check discount stores like TJMax and thrift or antique stores. But first, shop your house! You might surprise yourself with a discovery that’s perfect for remotes.
Search for jewelry boxes, decorative storage containers, and antique cigar boxes. Boxes with textures like wood or woven material and pretty patterns are also options.
Shopping Ideas for Remote Control Storage
Update: Here’s how it looked in our next two homes!
More Spring Updates in Our New Rental!
I placed a pencil box on a sofa side table and potted a grocery store plant in a beautiful used candle holder. A couple of “dollar” store trinkets update the vignette for Spring.
Our curtains in the living room are another pet peeve. We have Japanese rods on all of our windows and doors so I wasn’t able to use my American style curtains and rods that I brought halfway around the world. Ha! (The movers laughed too!)
We needed twelve curtains for our living area so I found inexpensive sheers at a local store. I decided to knot them at the bottom because the length was too short and I wanted to let in all of the glorious sunlight that comes with living in Okinawa! I like the casualness of this look and think it says that we’re not too serious around here. 😉
The room is feeling very tropical which is totally appropriate for our Okinawan rental. Now if only we had sub-tropical temperatures this island is known for!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Have a lovely week friends,
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting