Chic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was rainy and chilly here in Okinawa, Japan but we had a great church service and egg hunt. I decided to change up the living room side tables and coffee table now that the Easter decor is put away. My first mission was to find a couple of boxes that the remotes could fit in. Is that a pet peeve for you too?
Chic and Practical Remote Control Storage Ideas
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I arranged the coffee table decor around two wooden boxes that were the perfect size. No more ugly remotes! When looking for the perfect size container for your remotes or game controllers, make sure to check discount stores like TJMax and thrift or antique stores. But first, shop your house! You might surprise yourself with a discovery that’s perfect for remotes.
Search for jewelry boxes, decorative storage containers, and antique cigar boxes. Boxes with textures like wood or woven material and pretty patterns are also options.
Shopping Ideas for Remote Control Storage
Update: Here’s how it looked in our next two homes!
More Spring Updates in Our New Rental!
I placed a pencil box on a sofa side table and potted a grocery store plant in a beautiful used candle holder. A couple of “dollar” store trinkets update the vignette for Spring.
Our curtains in the living room are another pet peeve. We have Japanese rods on all of our windows and doors so I wasn’t able to use my American style curtains and rods that I brought halfway around the world. Ha! (The movers laughed too!)
We needed twelve curtains for our living area so I found inexpensive sheers at a local store. I decided to knot them at the bottom because the length was too short and I wanted to let in all of the glorious sunlight that comes with living in Okinawa! I like the casualness of this look and think it says that we’re not too serious around here. 😉
The room is feeling very tropical which is totally appropriate for our Okinawan rental. Now if only we had sub-tropical temperatures this island is known for!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
Have a lovely week friends,
- One Room Challenge Bathroom UpdateOur One Room Challenge week four bathroom renovation update with moody and eclectic mood boards and room mock-ups. This post contains sponsors and affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about One Room Challenge Bathroom Update
- An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall PaintSee how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update. *This is a sponsored … Read More about An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Making Over a Bathroom on a BudgetFind ideas for updating a bathroom on a budget with DIYs that you can do yourself and my One Room Challenge week 2 progress. *This is a sponsored post with … Read More about Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo EasilyFind easy decorating tips for how to divide a living room and dining room combo with floor, wall, and furniture ideas. *This post contains gifted products and affiliate links to … Read More about How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo Easily
- Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic BathroomSee how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge. *This post contains affiliate links … Read More about Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom