Tour a globally inspired home full of modern Christmas decorating ideas and DIYs that feature color and eclectically chic decor.
Hi there! Welcome back to A Very Global Christmas series where Casa Watkins Living and I have been sharing 12 days of globally inspired DIYs for the holidays. We are at day eleven and are joining Carrie of Lovely Etc. in a Very Merry Christmas Home Tour hop.
We are eager for you to see our Christmas home tours. If you have missed any of the first 10 days, you can find them all on the A Very Global Christmas page. Be sure to check in each day this week for new holiday home tours that will be added to the blog hop.
A Modern and Global Christmas Home Tour
This happens to be our first home tour in this house and once again it’s full of Christmas cheer! We sure have a knack for moving around this time of year. So welcome to our new house and our holiday home.
We bought a lovely little ranch in Fort Worth. Let’s start with the front door, foyer, and front room today. I have a beautiful wreath on our front door embellished with a black satin bow that matches our Christmas wrapping and tree. I do plan on getting more lights outside soon but I love how natural this looks for now.
I’ve mentioned before that we (my entire extended family too!) collect art and one of the most recent ones is a piece from a famous Texas artist JoAnn Durham that my grandfather and his girlfriend gifted us.
We found the perfect home for it in our foyer and it looks even more beautiful with its’ striking red and gold just around the corner from our tree and piano.
If you head straight in you are immediately greeted by Daphne and an eclectic wall gallery. The 1960’s house was recently renovated and the foyer opens up to the rest of the main areas.
Daphne is looking festive in red and green beads! I seriously can’t help dressing her up you guys. lol It’s such an easy way to create seasonal decor!
I made the trio of wreaths for A Very Global Christmas and it’s one of my favorite Christmas DIYS I’ve done to date.
Back to that gallery wall! Only a sliver of it is visible from the front door which I love! You can see all of it going down the hall to the bedrooms.
It holds art that my husband has brought back from deployments, paintings from my grandparents’ European travels, and even some painted by my Aunt. I also added a few family photos and a Chinese calligraphy brush into the mix.
Did you spot my brass candlesticks with tassels? I moved them after Thanksgiving from the dining room but I’ll share more of the fireplace wall, living, and dining rooms tomorrow.
Back to the front room, one of my favorite pieces that came back with us from Japan is this fantastic etagere. I had just styled it with global decor so I kept the holiday decor to a minimum with a Moravian star on top for the holidays.
I also found a lovely bamboo Victorian-era chair recently at an estate sale that will be perfect for when I’m giving piano lessons. The estate sale house belonged to famous twin artists, the Gentling brothers from Fort Worth. One of these days, I hope to have art or a print of theirs.
When we moved in the first thing my husband said was “well, I know where the Christmas tree will go!” And it did, right by our large front picture window next to my piano.
And it really does look lovely there! We are waiting for a pair of chairs to get reupholstered and they will most likely be in this area too. I see wall paint, area rug, and more furniture in here in the future.
I mentioned in my DIY gift wrapping posts that I used a black satin ribbon on the presents with different wrapping papers to help them look more cohesive. And frankly, it was just easier! I added a brass bell to go with the modern global style.
To the right of the tree are my grandmother’s portrait, my music cabinet, and our koto which is a Japanese instrument the kids learned to play in Japan. If anyone knows of a Koto teacher in Fort Worth, I’m looking!!
Of course, the piano usually takes center stage wherever it sits so I took advantage of placing some Christmas songs on it. We love to do an annual Christmas caroling party. Check out this article and print your own Christmas caroling booklet!
I love having all of our global pieces from living in and traveling through Asia with our family heirlooms. It really makes it feel like we’ve been in this house much longer than a couple of months!
I hope you enjoyed the tour and if you did I encourage you to check out an elegant and old-world style holiday home tour.
There are oodles more to show you tomorrow but if you haven’t already been, Stephanie is sharing her holiday home and I know it’s going to be full of globally inspired DIYs, color, and fun ideas! If you are coming from the Very Merry Christmas Home Tours, Lovely Etc.’s beautiful home is next on the hop!
Head over to the Winter holidays, DIYs, and decor page for more articles and resources!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…