Create a beautiful moody tablescape for the holidays or any occasion with these easy creative decorating tips using what you have.
What’s the secret to setting a gorgeous table? I use to think you needed multiple sets of dishes, expensive flower arrangements, and fine linens with tricky etiquette rules. While traditional table settings with these elements are absolutely gorgeous they are not always practical. Especially if you are short on time or money or want to try something new, like a boho moody tablescape.
A Boho Moody Easter Tablescape
Welcome to day five of A Very Global Easter! Today Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing an Easter table idea. Since all of my Easter DIYs this week have been inspired by moody hues, I decided to set a boho-chic tablescape with an eclectic twist.
How to set a Moody Tablescape with a Boho Vibe
- Think outside the box for table linens. Use a throw blanket, scarf, or pretty wrapping paper as a wide runner in a moody hue. I started with a dark green thin blanket as a tablecloth.
- Shop your house for decorative accessories in moody colors for a table centerpiece. Grab a few faux stems, candles, plants in pretty containers and create a beautiful centerpiece in minutes. I had candles in moody colors and added a couple of succulents. A handful of moody-painted eggs lets you know this table is for Easter.
*Tip: If you have smaller items for a centerpiece, corral them on a cake stand or tray to elevate the look.
- Incorporate high and low items for each table setting and think layers! Split up your china set with everyday dishes and use something quirky in your setting like faux greenery and grapes or whatever floral you have on hand.
- Add an element of homemade. Use ribbon for a napkin ring or create name tags with your best handwriting.
My table settings consist of dollar store greenery layered with a thrifted copper charger, Dresden china plate (passed down from my grandmother), a plastic dollar store plate, and topped with DIY black rabbit place card napkin ring. My grandmother’s crystal water glasses and gold bamboo serving ware I snagged on eBay years ago complete the set.
You can see how easy it is to layer china with plastic-ware and dollar store greenery and not even care. There’s no reason to buy anything new when you can mix and match what you have and still get a beautiful outcome!
Use these decorating tips to set a moody tablescape any time of the year. Add in elements specific to the season or holiday to customize the look.
On a fun note: The beautiful candles hues are my color inspiration for all of the globally inspired Easter DIYs this year. I’ve really enjoyed not using traditional Easter colors and love the boho vibe of all the greenery.
I hope you enjoyed my boho chic Easter tablescape in a moody palette and were inspired with ideas for your holiday table. Don’t forget to stop by Casa Watkins Living if you haven’t yet and enjoy her spring boho chic kitchen island decor.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting