Give your wire Easter basket an easy boho makeover with tassels! A fun way to create colorful boho Easter decor on a dime.
I’m always looking for ways to repurpose decor to use for the season. This Spring I’m all about adding boho Easter touches with simple DIYs to create colorful vignettes. There’s just something so fun and inspiring about adding punches of color and interesting details to everyday items.
How to Update a Basket for Boho Easter Decor
Welcome to day 7 of A Very Global Easter where Casa Watkins Living and I share seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs and decorating tips. We are wrapping up this year’s series with Easter basket ideas. I have a quick and easy DIY to update a wire basket into boho eclectic decor that could out all year long!
Here’s what you need for a boho Easter basket:
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to add tassels to a wire basket.
- Decided where on your basket you would like to add tassels. It may be every over hole, just on the sides, are all over for a new texture on your basket.
- Put aside what colors of tassels you are using and in what order.
- Snip open the hanger on a tassel and tie onto your wire basket. Use a dot of hot glue to keep it from coming untied if needed.
- You may want to trim your tassels to a shorter length depending on the size of your basket. I like the look of mini tassels evenly spaced in a variety of colors just on the sides of my white oval basket.
The colors I chose are consistant with the rest of my Easter decor this year inspired by a set of moody candles I found recently.
I’ve use this wire basket in the past to display Easter eggs but I love it even more with its boho vibe. I plan on putting on the back of the toilet to hold toilet paper rolls after Easter is over.
You can customize your tassel colors to fit into your seasonal or home decor and display eggs, a floral arrangement, or your favorite Spring items.
The brass bunny was from my grandfather and the white rabbit gifted by my grandmother. We love having stuff passed down from our family! My grandmother LOVED decorating for the holidays and I’m happy to carry on the tradition.
What baskets do you have that could use a facelift? Check out how I made over regular woven baskets with pompom trim.
Head on over to Casa Watkins Living to see How to Fold a Napkin Easter Basket if you haven’t yet!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
I hope you enjoyed the Easter series this year. It is so much fun to make new things out of old items. Have you created anything for Easter?
You might also enjoy:
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting