Give your wire Easter basket an easy boho makeover with tassels! A fun way to create colorful boho Easter decor on a dime.
I’m always looking for ways to repurpose decor to use for the season. This Spring I’m all about adding boho Easter touches with simple DIYs to create colorful vignettes. There’s just something so fun and inspiring about adding punches of color and interesting details to everyday items.
How to Update a Basket for Boho Easter Decor
Welcome to day 7 of A Very Global Easter where Casa Watkins Living and I share seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs and decorating tips. We are wrapping up this year’s series with Easter basket ideas. I have a quick and easy DIY to update a wire basket into boho eclectic decor that could out all year long!
Here’s what you need for a boho Easter basket:
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to add tassels to a wire basket.
- Decided where on your basket you would like to add tassels. It may be every over hole, just on the sides, are all over for a new texture on your basket.
- Put aside what colors of tassels you are using and in what order.
- Snip open the hanger on a tassel and tie onto your wire basket. Use a dot of hot glue to keep it from coming untied if needed.
- You may want to trim your tassels to a shorter length depending on the size of your basket. I like the look of mini tassels evenly spaced in a variety of colors just on the sides of my white oval basket.
The colors I chose are consistant with the rest of my Easter decor this year inspired by a set of moody candles I found recently.
I’ve use this wire basket in the past to display Easter eggs but I love it even more with its boho vibe. I plan on putting on the back of the toilet to hold toilet paper rolls after Easter is over.
You can customize your tassel colors to fit into your seasonal or home decor and display eggs, a floral arrangement, or your favorite Spring items.
The brass bunny was from my grandfather and the white rabbit gifted by my grandmother. We love having stuff passed down from our family! My grandmother LOVED decorating for the holidays and I’m happy to carry on the tradition.
What baskets do you have that could use a facelift? Check out how I made over regular woven baskets with pompom trim.
Head on over to Casa Watkins Living to see How to Fold a Napkin Easter Basket if you haven’t yet!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
I hope you enjoyed the Easter series this year. It is so much fun to make new things out of old items. Have you created anything for Easter?
You might also enjoy:
- See a Colorful Eclectic Home Dramatic Before and AftersCheck out how I turned our single-story ranch-style home into a colorful beautiful haven with before and after pictures of our eclectic interiors. Next month will mark a two year … Read More about See a Colorful Eclectic Home Dramatic Before and Afters
- Beautiful and Colorful Shower Curtains for Every BudgetLooking for that wow factor in your bathroom? Check out these beautiful and colorful shower curtains that fit every budget. Don’t you love that instant gratification you get when you … Read More about Beautiful and Colorful Shower Curtains for Every Budget
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style Bedroom
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about How to Remove a Tile Backsplash Easily
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy steps