Add a pop of color to your door with a Spring butterfly wreath made with paper butterflies in three easy steps! Perfect for eclectic Spring decor.
Hi there! I’m so glad you stopped by. I’ve got warm breezes and sunshine on the brain and have the perfect DIY to brighten up your front door. If you have a printer and an extra grapevine wreath form laying around you can make this butterfly wreath right now!
DIY Butterfly Spring Wreath with Step by Step Instructions
Today I’m sharing how to create a pretty butterfly Spring wreath. This is the first year that I created a wreath with something other than flowers and I love the way it turned out. Very woodlandish and super easy. 😉
Materials for paper butterfly wreath:
- Butterfly printable – I found mine on What a Beautiful Mess and love the colors and variety of sizes. I printed out three sheets of butterflies on white card stock.
- Grapevine wreath form
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to put your paper butterfly wreath together:
- Print and cut out your butterflies and fold the wings together gently and open back up. This will create a more 3D realistic looking butterfly.
- Layout the largest butterflies evenly around the wreath and glue in place with a small dot of hot glue.
- Layout the medium-sized butterflies and glue in place. Fill in the rest of the wreath with the small butterflies.
It is really a show stopper. I hung it on our patio door on a wreath hanger that I wrapped in twine to give it more of a natural look.
This is a very fun and easy project to do while you are sitting on the couch watching your favorite show! Have you made any Spring wreaths yet this year?
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.Nathaniel Hawthorne
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting