Add a pop of color to your door with a Spring butterfly wreath made with paper butterflies in three easy steps! Perfect for eclectic Spring decor.
Hi there! I’m so glad you stopped by. I’ve got warm breezes and sunshine on the brain and have the perfect DIY to brighten up your front door. If you have a printer and an extra grapevine wreath form laying around you can make this butterfly wreath right now!
DIY Butterfly Spring Wreath with Step by Step Instructions
Today I’m sharing how to create a pretty butterfly Spring wreath. This is the first year that I created a wreath with something other than flowers and I love the way it turned out. Very woodlandish and super easy. 😉
Materials for paper butterfly wreath:
- Butterfly printable – I found mine on What a Beautiful Mess and love the colors and variety of sizes. I printed out three sheets of butterflies on white card stock.
- Grapevine wreath form
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to put your paper butterfly wreath together:
- Print and cut out your butterflies and fold the wings together gently and open back up. This will create a more 3D realistic looking butterfly.
- Layout the largest butterflies evenly around the wreath and glue in place with a small dot of hot glue.
- Layout the medium-sized butterflies and glue in place. Fill in the rest of the wreath with the small butterflies.
It is really a show stopper. I hung it on our patio door on a wreath hanger that I wrapped in twine to give it more of a natural look.
This is a very fun and easy project to do while you are sitting on the couch watching your favorite show! Have you made any Spring wreaths yet this year?
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.Nathaniel Hawthorne
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
- Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love WithIs it Autumn yet? Find a mix of beautiful and easy DIY Fall outdoor wreaths and my favorite online store picks for beautiful modern wreaths! Aren’t the change of seasons … Read More about Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love With