Add a pop of color to your door with a Spring butterfly wreath made with paper butterflies in three easy steps! Perfect for eclectic Spring decor.
Hi there! I’m so glad you stopped by. I’ve got warm breezes and sunshine on the brain and have the perfect DIY to brighten up your front door. If you have a printer and an extra grapevine wreath form laying around you can make this butterfly wreath right now!
DIY Butterfly Spring Wreath with Step by Step Instructions
Today I’m sharing how to create a pretty butterfly Spring wreath. This is the first year that I created a wreath with something other than flowers and I love the way it turned out. Very woodlandish and super easy. 😉
Materials for paper butterfly wreath:
- Butterfly printable – I found mine on What a Beautiful Mess and love the colors and variety of sizes. I printed out three sheets of butterflies on white card stock.
- Grapevine wreath form
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to put your paper butterfly wreath together:
- Print and cut out your butterflies and fold the wings together gently and open back up. This will create a more 3D realistic looking butterfly.
- Layout the largest butterflies evenly around the wreath and glue in place with a small dot of hot glue.
- Layout the medium-sized butterflies and glue in place. Fill in the rest of the wreath with the small butterflies.
It is really a show stopper. I hung it on our patio door on a wreath hanger that I wrapped in twine to give it more of a natural look.
This is a very fun and easy project to do while you are sitting on the couch watching your favorite show! Have you made any Spring wreaths yet this year?
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.Nathaniel Hawthorne
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle