Add a pop of color to your door with a Spring butterfly wreath made with paper butterflies in three easy steps! Perfect for eclectic Spring decor.
Hi there! I’m so glad you stopped by. I’ve got warm breezes and sunshine on the brain and have the perfect DIY to brighten up your front door. If you have a printer and an extra grapevine wreath form laying around you can make this butterfly wreath right now!
DIY Butterfly Spring Wreath with Step by Step Instructions
Today I’m sharing how to create a pretty butterfly Spring wreath. This is the first year that I created a wreath with something other than flowers and I love the way it turned out. Very woodlandish and super easy. 😉
Materials for paper butterfly wreath:
- Butterfly printable – I found mine on What a Beautiful Mess and love the colors and variety of sizes. I printed out three sheets of butterflies on white card stock.
- Grapevine wreath form
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to put your paper butterfly wreath together:
- Print and cut out your butterflies and fold the wings together gently and open back up. This will create a more 3D realistic looking butterfly.
- Layout the largest butterflies evenly around the wreath and glue in place with a small dot of hot glue.
- Layout the medium-sized butterflies and glue in place. Fill in the rest of the wreath with the small butterflies.
It is really a show stopper. I hung it on our patio door on a wreath hanger that I wrapped in twine to give it more of a natural look.
This is a very fun and easy project to do while you are sitting on the couch watching your favorite show! Have you made any Spring wreaths yet this year?
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.Nathaniel Hawthorne
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes