A Beautiful Chinoiserie Art Print for Spring
Update your home for Spring with a beautiful original chinoiserie art print. Part of A Very Global Easter series.
I’m so excited to offer you a print today of an original painting perfect for a Spring vignette or everyday art! It is available in a growing library of FREE printable art and decor to my subscribers. Sign up below (scroll to the bottom of this article) to grab a copy of my new Chinoiserie art print for Spring.
5×7 Chinoiserie Art Print
Welcome back to A Very Global Easter series where my friend Casa Watkins Living and I share seven days of globally inspired Easter and Spring ideas. We do this every year and it is such a fun and creative way to greet the new season!! You can find all of the articles in one place on the Global Easter page. Today is Day 3 and if you haven’t guessed it yet, we are sharing globally-inspired printables. 😉
My global inspiration this year comes from Japan. I have many fond memories of living there with my family when we were active-duty military. In fact, we have only been stateside for two and a half years so the adventures are still recent. You can what our houses looked like in this home tour and this one.
At the start of this series, I shared a DIY white Easter tree that reminds me of Ikebana, the art of Japanese floral arranging. The five-day-old craft is already popular and if you enjoy using second-hand finds with a unique twist for Easter decor, I think you will love it too!
Day two was all about Easter eggs. And let me tell you, Stephanie and I always come up with fun ideas for eggs that are not your normal egg dying technique so make sure to check them out! MY DIY moss-covered Easter eggs are reminiscent of Japanese kokedama which are round moss-covered plants. I used cheap plastic eggs for this simple DIY and have at least one more Kokedama inspired Easter/Spring craft for you this week.
That catches us up to Day 3 which is printables. In keeping with my Japanese theme, I painted a mikan tree (Japanese citrus fruit) potted in a beautiful chinoiserie planter. I learned about mikans when we first arrived in Iwakuni on mainland Japan after living in Okinawa for a couple of years.
My daughter’s military base school took a field trip to a nearby island for mikan picking! It was a picturesque mountainside orchard with tiered rows of mikan trees. The ocean just on the other side. You could eat as many mikans as you wanted while you filled up a bag for around $7. Here is my husband being goofy (and always cute!) with the little citrus fruit.
I decided to place a mikan tree in a blue and white planter for my chinoiserie painting and absolutely adore the way it turned out! The art print has a white border and is sized to be printed at 5×7. Sign up below for immediate access to the private printable art library and print this beauty out! It is under “Spring and Easter Printables.”
We have five more days of Easter DIYs and decorating ideas for you! Make sure to head over and print out Stephanie’s pretty abstract Spring art!
- Learn how to find your design style with simple tips and tricks!A guide for “how to find my design style” in your house with designer tips and tricks that will help you be confident with decorating. Do you know what looks…
- Pretty and Practical: Simple Storage Ideas for Any SpaceLearn how to incorporate beautiful, creative, and simple storage solutions that elevate both form and function in your home. Are you tired of cluttered and disorganized spaces in your home,…
- Making Floral Arrangements Easy and Beautiful with Simple DIY MethodsDon’t wilt under pressure – find simple DIY methods for making floral arrangements beautiful with fake or real flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the icing on the cake…
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and create a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! …
- Bring the Outdoors In: Decorate with These Beautiful Bird PrintablesJoin over 2,000 subscribers and receive weekly newsletters, exclusive offers, and monthly freebies like free bird printables art straight to your inbox. My free bird printable art is a great…
It’s GORGEOUS!!!! I adore this print! Totally printing it out and using it for my spring decor.
Thanks so much Stephanie!