Update your home for Spring with a beautiful original chinoiserie art print. Part of A Very Global Easter series.
I’m so excited to offer you a print today of an original painting perfect for a Spring vignette or everyday art! It is available in a growing library of FREE printable art and decor to my subscribers. Sign up below (scroll to the bottom of this article) to grab a copy of my new Chinoiserie art print for Spring.
5×7 Chinoiserie Art Print
Welcome back to A Very Global Easter series where my friend Casa Watkins Living and I share seven days of globally inspired Easter and Spring ideas. We do this every year and it is such a fun and creative way to greet the new season!! You can find all of the articles in one place on the Global Easter page. Today is Day 3 and if you haven’t guessed it yet, we are sharing globally-inspired printables. 😉
My global inspiration this year comes from Japan. I have many fond memories of living there with my family when we were active-duty military. In fact, we have only been stateside for two and a half years so the adventures are still recent. You can what our houses looked like in this home tour and this one.
At the start of this series, I shared a DIY white Easter tree that reminds me of Ikebana, the art of Japanese floral arranging. The five-day-old craft is already popular and if you enjoy using second-hand finds with a unique twist for Easter decor, I think you will love it too!
Day two was all about Easter eggs. And let me tell you, Stephanie and I always come up with fun ideas for eggs that are not your normal egg dying technique so make sure to check them out! MY DIY moss-covered Easter eggs are reminiscent of Japanese kokedama which are round moss-covered plants. I used cheap plastic eggs for this simple DIY and have at least one more Kokedama inspired Easter/Spring craft for you this week.
That catches us up to Day 3 which is printables. In keeping with my Japanese theme, I painted a mikan tree (Japanese citrus fruit) potted in a beautiful chinoiserie planter. I learned about mikans when we first arrived in Iwakuni on mainland Japan after living in Okinawa for a couple of years.
My daughter’s military base school took a field trip to a nearby island for mikan picking! It was a picturesque mountainside orchard with tiered rows of mikan trees. The ocean just on the other side. You could eat as many mikans as you wanted while you filled up a bag for around $7. Here is my husband being goofy (and always cute!) with the little citrus fruit.
I decided to place a mikan tree in a blue and white planter for my chinoiserie painting and absolutely adore the way it turned out! The art print has a white border and is sized to be printed at 5×7. Sign up below for immediate access to the private printable art library and print this beauty out! It is under “Spring and Easter Printables.”
We have five more days of Easter DIYs and decorating ideas for you! Make sure to head over and print out Stephanie’s pretty abstract Spring art!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting