Kid-friendly closet organization ideas with inexpensive storage solutions that are perfect for renters. Help your kids keep rooms neat and tidy.
We have made a big change! A new country, language, and concrete rental home built to withstand typhoons in beautiful Okinawa. I didn’t have a lot to go on for storage and organization for our two kids with only government-issued furniture. But I made it work with limited resources and funds.
Kid-Friendly Closet Organization Tips
These solutions are perfect for renters!
I spent around $55 on a bookcase, 3-drawer storage unit, and a couple of “S” hooks.
- The important thing is to have everyday toys and items within easy reach. Sunday dresses are hung up high but everyday clothes with labels are neatly organized in a dresser with pjs and play clothes in the dresser’s bottom drawers.
- Only house toys and items in the bedroom that are easy for a young child to pick up. Leave art supplies and other adult assisted play things out of reach or in a different room like the living area.
Two plastic pink crates hold stuff animals. The inexpensive 3-drawer storage unit I found was perfect for all my daughter’s dollhouse and baby doll items.
- Use a cheap bookcase for optimal storage in a rental. I can’t tell you how valuable a bookcase is in a closet with no or few shelves in a small bedroom. Being able to use vertical space is a must for keeping a neat and tidy room.
Puzzles and games are kept on the high shelves with books on the lower-easy to reach shelves. The small bedroom still has plenty of play space with this easy storage solution. I used a bookcase in my son’s closet as well.
The “S” hooks help with additional vertical storage. They are great for extra bags, other storage items, and toys with a handle.
Of course, small bedrooms in Japan are pretty common! 😉 It’s so nice that they are light and airy. Here’s how I decorated my daughter’s room with renter-friendly DIYs.
For about $55 on clever solutions, I managed to provide easy storage for my daughter to keep her things organized in our Okinawan rental. I also love these 25 toy organizer ideas from Country Living for more permanent solutions.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about Easy Kid Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about Easy Kid Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about Easy Kid Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about Easy Kid Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about Easy Kid Friendly Closet Organization Ideas for Renters
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.