Create a beautiful and colorful mantel for Fall or any season with easy decorating tips and global inspired decor. Part of The Global Styler series.
Create a Global Eclectic Mantel for Fall
(or any season!)
Hi there friend! Welcome to The Global Styler hosted by Casa Watkins Living. If it’s your first time to this series, we share DIYs and decorating tips that are globally inspired the first Monday of every month. For September we decided to share Fall mantel decorating and DIYs.
- Have fun with your color palette and think outside the box! Use colors that evoke a cozy feeling by choosing ones consistant or complementary (opposite on the color wheel) with the rest of your decor. A few years ago I created this color palette for Fall pulling colors from an Eddie Ross inspired tablescape I did. I enjoyed it so much that the same colors have stayed in my house.
- Mix patterns. Nothing is easier to achieve an eclectic vibe then by mixing patterns and styles (different period pieces and old with new). Try including art and decorating accessories that have global inspired patterns. For last year’s mantel, I framed a shibori fabric square and Japanese washi paper for inexpensive large eclectic art pieces.
- Include Greenery and other natural elements to your seasonal mantel. They could be faux or real garland, plants, feathers, pinecones, seashells, or whatever outside treasures you already have. One my favorite tricks is to add features in a bud vase or small container and to collect indoor plants to add to my Fall vignettes.
- Include layering ( are you familiar with Hygge?) for an eclectic mix with books, smaller art pieces, and decorative accessories. Layer wall hangings by leaning one slightly in front of the other. Display a favorite item by stacking books and setting it on top in the spotlight.
- Integrate global elements such as art, ceramic, and metal accessories inspired by (or from) other countries.For that special global touch, add a metal bowl, chinoiserie garden stool or container, and other global pieces.
With these 5 guidelines you can create a gorgeous mantel styled for Fall in no time! Get more ideas from my friends below.
Make sure to check out 50 + Fall seasonal and holiday decorating ideas, DIYs, and free printables for the season.
You might also enjoy: