Transform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY.
*This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could make them look higher end without much effort? Well, I’ve got you covered my friend. This easy DIY will transform dollar store pumpkins into a gorgeous centerpiece in no time. And who doesn’t like dollar tree pumpkin crafts?
Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
My go to colors this Fall are copper and white and I’ve got a whole week of dollar tree Fall decor DIYs for you. Today, we are going to transform dollar store pumpkin pails into a lovely Fall centerpiece for around $2.
Here’s what you need for the dollar store pumpkins centerpiece:
- Amazon plastic pumpkin pails or Dollar Tree pumpkins (4)
- Faux or fresh flowers
- Floral cutters
- Spray paint
- Rice or other filler for the pumpkins
How to do the dollar tree pumpkin makeover:
- Remove the handles from the pails and spray paint two light coats of copper spray paint (or the color of your choosing!) These little pumpkins dry really quickly so you don’t need to wait long between coats.
- Trim the flower stems with wire or florist cutters so that they stand a little taller than the pumpkins. Have 3-4 ready for each pumpkin.
- Fill the pumpkins with rice or beans to weigh it down and hold the flowers stems in place. A florist frog or styrofoam would work too but since the holes are small, the rice or beans is easier.
- Place 3-4 floral stems into each pumpkin. The flower heads should rest at the top and be a little larger than the base of the pumpkin for a well balanced floral arrangement.
- Hide the jack-o-lantern faces by turning the pumpkins in towards each other and group them all together at least until Halloween comes around! You can also place them on shelves the jack-o-lantern side facing the wall or back of the cabinet.
They also look great side by side!
Group the pumpkins with two other decorating items in various heights for a larger centerpiece. Corral them all on a tray or stack of books for a beautiful vignette.
I have so many other ideas for these little guys. Right now, I’m enjoying the little pretties on my kitchen table.
You can see how I repurposed them into Fall Planters.
Common questions for Dollar Store Pumpkins
How do you paint a dollar tree pumpkin? Use craft paint or spray paint. Find an acrylic craft paint in your choice of color. Paint 3-4 thin coats letting each one dry to the touch. Put a protective coat on top to prevent smudging and chips.
How do you use spray paint? Shake the spray paint can for 60 seconds. Hold the can 12-18 inches away from your object. Spray while moving the can side to side to get even coverage. Sand any drips down. Use 1-2 coats for complete coverage.
Can you spray paint plastic? There are certain types of spray paint made for plastic. The best part is that often you only need one coat of paint! Try Krylon Fushion All in One or Rustoleum for the best results.
Where can I find cheap pumpkins? Here are my favorite places to look: Dollar General, Dollar Bins at Target, Craft stores, Discount stores like Ross and TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree, and Amazon, Oriental Trading Company
Find all of the posts from 2015’s Fall Series below.
Day one: Copper Pumpkins Fall Centerpiece
Day two: “Dollar Store” Fall Wreath
Day three: Painted Fall Leaves Garland
Day four: Watercolor Pumpkin Printables
Day five: Japanese Inspired Coasters for Fall
Make sure you check out 50+ decorating tips and DIYs for Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving with free printables! I also love how my friend Twelve on Main transformed dollar store pumpkins and 2 Bees in a Pod.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle