Decorate plastic Easter eggs using these easy tips to turn those plastic cheap eggs into beautiful chic-boho ones with trim and flowers.
A sore mouth, red-face, and light-head are not my idea of a good time. But every Easter I love to decorate eggs. Over the last few years, I have started decorating cheap plastic eggs my kids find and have stashed away in the attic. It saves money and a trip to the store!
Decorate Plastic Eggs with Flowers and Velvet Ribbon
Welcome to day two of A Very Global Easter where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. You’ll find unique ideas for Easter trees in yesterday’s posts. Today’s creative focus is on Easter eggs!
You may remember last year I painted dollar store easter eggs and outdated decorative eggs in moody colors with hand-painted ferns and truth be told, have been obsessed with the Parisian inspired color palette with all of my holiday decorating.
I used the same crafting materials I’ve been using all year to turn this year’s Easter egg decorating into beautiful chic eggs. You can use the product recommendation below or dig through your crafting stash for trim and faux foliage.
What you need for decorating plastic eggs:
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to decorate plastic Easter eggs.
- Skip to the next step if you have matte colored eggs in pretty colors. Otherwise, customize your color palette and paint plastic eggs with 2-3 coats of craft paint and let dry.
- Hide the seam around the middle by securing a piece of velvet trim with a dot of hot glue. Singe the cut ends with a lighter first to prevent unraveling.
- Glue 3-4 flowers heads to the top of an egg for a floral finesse. You may have to trim the back of the flower head so it doesn’t protrude too much.
- Loop a tassel around one of the flower heads and use it as a hanger for your Easter tree, hang on garland, or adorn a door handle or cabinet pull.
So save your breath and money by repurposing old plastic Easter eggs into beautiful designer eggs with this easy DIY!
Let’s stop by Stephanie’s site to see her beautiful DIY Matisse Inspired Easter Egg Painting.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without Sewing
- Easy Ideas for Beautiful Covered Outdoor Living Spaces
- The Best Ceiling Fans for Bedrooms
- How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper by Yourself
- Easy Tips on How to Create a Colorful Bedroom Mood Board
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.