Add chic chinoiserie decor to your Christmas table this year with these easy DIYs. Find other globally-inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips.
Today I’m whipping up Chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces you can use for table decor. I can’t wait to share a full holiday tablescape with you next week but in the meantime, these simple DIYs and Stephanie’s colorful DIY centerpiece will had global chic style to your seasonal decor.
DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor
If you’ve been around here awhile you might remember that we lived in Japan for a few years due to military orders. While we were there I picked up a lot of Japanese items in thrift stores to repurpose in our home. You can read all about shopping in Asia in this post. It was quite an adventure!
One of my favorite decorating pieces is a set of blue and white nesting bowls with beautiful Asian scenes on them. Here’s how I’m incorporating them into holiday decor.
The larger bowl I added some faux herb greenery and decided to use four large white beaded ornamental balls I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. They remind me of snow balls and look lovely with the greenery in the chinoiserie container.
I think it makes a rather unusual and unexpected centerpiece which I love. It also sits close to the living room and picks up on the blue and white garden seat in there.
The smaller bowl I added the same faux herb greenery I picked up at the Japanese dollar store and placed a pillar LED candle in the middle.
Its size is perfect for our Asian cabinet in the foyer. It’s the only nod to holiday decor in that area along with a gold and rosemary wreath but it makes a beautiful statement. Any DIY centerpiece I can whip up in minutes is a solid win in my book.
And to keep the eye moving around the room with blue and white decor is a poinsettia in a chamber pot.
Have you repurposed everyday decor to fit into the holiday season?
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s DIY centerpiece for more global inspiration. You can find all of my Christmas and Winter decorating ideas and DIYs on this page with free printables!
Have a lovely weekend!
- What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the HallwayWhat is dado railing? Learn more about this common molding and a creative way on how to easily update a boring hallway. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New … Read More about What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the Hallway
- Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware IdeasOur hallways are getting a refresh this month and I’m narrowing down choices for blue hallway runners and light and hardware this week. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year … Read More about Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware Ideas
- Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before PicturesCheck out what I have planned to turn a dark hallway into a colorful are gallery in just four weeks for the New Year New Room Refresh. Happy New Year! … Read More about Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before Pictures
- A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYsWelcome to our maximalist holiday house tour full of globally inspired DIYs, floral, fruit, and garland mixed with colorful room designs. Greetings friend! I’m thrilled to be joining my talented … Read More about A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYs
- How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDFPrint out your own free Christmas carols PDF and turn it into a caroling booklet with a beautiful cover and binding. Christmas Caroling has been around for centuries! Is there … Read More about How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDF