Add chic chinoiserie decor to your Christmas table this year with these easy DIYs. Find other globally-inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips.
Today I’m whipping up Chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces you can use for table decor. I can’t wait to share a full holiday tablescape with you next week but in the meantime, these simple DIYs and Stephanie’s colorful DIY centerpiece will had global chic style to your seasonal decor.
DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor
If you’ve been around here awhile you might remember that we lived in Japan for a few years due to military orders. While we were there I picked up a lot of Japanese items in thrift stores to repurpose in our home. You can read all about shopping in Asia in this post. It was quite an adventure!
One of my favorite decorating pieces is a set of blue and white nesting bowls with beautiful Asian scenes on them. Here’s how I’m incorporating them into holiday decor.
The larger bowl I added some faux herb greenery and decided to use four large white beaded ornamental balls I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. They remind me of snow balls and look lovely with the greenery in the chinoiserie container.
I think it makes a rather unusual and unexpected centerpiece which I love. It also sits close to the living room and picks up on the blue and white garden seat in there.
The smaller bowl I added the same faux herb greenery I picked up at the Japanese dollar store and placed a pillar LED candle in the middle.
Its size is perfect for our Asian cabinet in the foyer. It’s the only nod to holiday decor in that area along with a gold and rosemary wreath but it makes a beautiful statement. Any DIY centerpiece I can whip up in minutes is a solid win in my book.
And to keep the eye moving around the room with blue and white decor is a poinsettia in a chamber pot.
Have you repurposed everyday decor to fit into the holiday season?
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s DIY centerpiece for more global inspiration. You can find all of my Christmas and Winter decorating ideas and DIYs on this page with free printables!
Have a lovely weekend!
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes