Add chic chinoiserie decor to your Christmas table this year with these easy DIYs. Find other globally-inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips.
Today I’m whipping up Chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces you can use for table decor. I can’t wait to share a full holiday tablescape with you next week but in the meantime, these simple DIYs and Stephanie’s colorful DIY centerpiece will had global chic style to your seasonal decor.
DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor
If you’ve been around here awhile you might remember that we lived in Japan for a few years due to military orders. While we were there I picked up a lot of Japanese items in thrift stores to repurpose in our home. You can read all about shopping in Asia in this post. It was quite an adventure!
One of my favorite decorating pieces is a set of blue and white nesting bowls with beautiful Asian scenes on them. Here’s how I’m incorporating them into holiday decor.
The larger bowl I added some faux herb greenery and decided to use four large white beaded ornamental balls I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. They remind me of snow balls and look lovely with the greenery in the chinoiserie container.
I think it makes a rather unusual and unexpected centerpiece which I love. It also sits close to the living room and picks up on the blue and white garden seat in there.
The smaller bowl I added the same faux herb greenery I picked up at the Japanese dollar store and placed a pillar LED candle in the middle.
Its size is perfect for our Asian cabinet in the foyer. It’s the only nod to holiday decor in that area along with a gold and rosemary wreath but it makes a beautiful statement. Any DIY centerpiece I can whip up in minutes is a solid win in my book.
And to keep the eye moving around the room with blue and white decor is a poinsettia in a chamber pot.
Have you repurposed everyday decor to fit into the holiday season?
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s DIY centerpiece for more global inspiration. You can find all of my Christmas and Winter decorating ideas and DIYs on this page with free printables!
Have a lovely weekend!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting