DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor Using Everyday Items You’ll Want to Try
Add chic chinoiserie decor to your Christmas table this year with these easy DIYs. Find other globally-inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips.
Welcome back to A Very Global Christmas series where my good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired Christmas ideas.
Today I’m whipping up Chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces you can use for table decor. I can’t wait to share a full holiday tablescape with you next week but in the meantime, these simple DIYs and Stephanie’s colorful DIY centerpiece will had global chic style to your seasonal decor.
DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor
If you’ve been around here awhile you might remember that we lived in Japan for a few years due to military orders. While we were there I picked up a lot of Japanese items in thrift stores to repurpose in our home. You can read all about shopping in Asia in this post. It was quite an adventure!
One of my favorite decorating pieces is a set of blue and white nesting bowls with beautiful Asian scenes on them. Here’s how I’m incorporating them into holiday decor.
The larger bowl I added some faux herb greenery and decided to use four large white beaded ornamental balls I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. They remind me of snow balls and look lovely with the greenery in the chinoiserie container.
I think it makes a rather unusual and unexpected centerpiece which I love. It also sits close to the living room and picks up on the blue and white garden seat in there.
The smaller bowl I added the same faux herb greenery I picked up at the Japanese dollar store and placed a pillar LED candle in the middle.
Its size is perfect for our Asian cabinet in the foyer. It’s the only nod to holiday decor in that area along with a gold and rosemary wreath but it makes a beautiful statement. Any DIY centerpiece I can whip up in minutes is a solid win in my book.
And to keep the eye moving around the room with blue and white decor is a poinsettia in a chamber pot.
You may also like these DIY ornaments if you enjoy adding chinoiserie style to your Christmas decor and I would love to refer you to Monica Wants it holiday decor. She is the queen of chinoiserie.
Have you repurposed everyday decor to fit into the holiday season?
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s DIY centerpiece for more global inspiration. You can find all of my Christmas and Winter decorating ideas and DIYs on this page with free printables!
Have a lovely weekend!
- Learn how to find your design style with simple tips and tricks!A guide for “how to find my design style” in your house with designer tips and tricks that will help you be confident with decorating. Do you know what looks…
- Pretty and Practical: Simple Storage Ideas for Any SpaceLearn how to incorporate beautiful, creative, and simple storage solutions that elevate both form and function in your home. Are you tired of cluttered and disorganized spaces in your home,…
- Making Floral Arrangements Easy and Beautiful with Simple DIY MethodsDon’t wilt under pressure – find simple DIY methods for making floral arrangements beautiful with fake or real flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the icing on the cake…
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and create a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! …
- Bring the Outdoors In: Decorate with These Beautiful Bird PrintablesJoin over 2,000 subscribers and receive weekly newsletters, exclusive offers, and monthly freebies like free bird printables art straight to your inbox. My free bird printable art is a great…
The bowl with the candle is absolutely stunning!
Thanks Kyla!! I loved shopping thrifting stores in Japan.
What a neat way to incorporate those chinoiserie bowls into winter decor! I love blue and white all year long, but this is definitely a must save idea!