Add chic chinoiserie decor to your Christmas table this year with these easy DIYs. Find other globally-inspired Christmas DIYs and decorating tips.
Today I’m whipping up Chinoiserie Christmas centerpieces you can use for table decor. I can’t wait to share a full holiday tablescape with you next week but in the meantime, these simple DIYs and Stephanie’s colorful DIY centerpiece will had global chic style to your seasonal decor.
DIY Chinoiserie Christmas Decor
If you’ve been around here awhile you might remember that we lived in Japan for a few years due to military orders. While we were there I picked up a lot of Japanese items in thrift stores to repurpose in our home. You can read all about shopping in Asia in this post. It was quite an adventure!
One of my favorite decorating pieces is a set of blue and white nesting bowls with beautiful Asian scenes on them. Here’s how I’m incorporating them into holiday decor.
The larger bowl I added some faux herb greenery and decided to use four large white beaded ornamental balls I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year. They remind me of snow balls and look lovely with the greenery in the chinoiserie container.
I think it makes a rather unusual and unexpected centerpiece which I love. It also sits close to the living room and picks up on the blue and white garden seat in there.
The smaller bowl I added the same faux herb greenery I picked up at the Japanese dollar store and placed a pillar LED candle in the middle.
Its size is perfect for our Asian cabinet in the foyer. It’s the only nod to holiday decor in that area along with a gold and rosemary wreath but it makes a beautiful statement. Any DIY centerpiece I can whip up in minutes is a solid win in my book.
And to keep the eye moving around the room with blue and white decor is a poinsettia in a chamber pot.
Have you repurposed everyday decor to fit into the holiday season?
Make sure to check out Stephanie’s DIY centerpiece for more global inspiration. You can find all of my Christmas and Winter decorating ideas and DIYs on this page with free printables!
Have a lovely weekend!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art