Create a gorgeous DIY Easter tree with Eucalyptus stems, washi eggs, and tassels for colorful seasonal decor inspired by global style.
I love taking traditional decor and turning it into a beautiful piece that fits my style. If you are into fresh and simple Easter ideas then you’ll love this DIY Easter tree with eucalyptus stems. No more dusty holiday decor from the attic my friend!
DIY Easter Tree with Washi Eggs and Tassels
Hi there! Welcome to day 2 of A Very Global Easter! If you are new to this series, Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I are teaming up to share 7 straight days of globally inspired decor and DIYs for Easter. Yesterday we started with free printable art and today’s theme is DIY Easter Trees!
For my global inspiration, I used tassels and DIY Japanese washi eggs from last year. I’ve been dying to use eucalyptus branches in my decor so I decided this was the perfect excuse to purchase some!
What you need for a global DIY Easter tree:
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
- Washi Plastic Eggs (You can find the easy DIY dollar store washi eggs HERE)
- Baker’s Twine
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Eucalyptus Stems
I used supplies from my craft bin but they were all from the 100 yen store (our local dollar store).
Here’s how to create an Eucalyptus Easter tree:
- First cut the bakers string into 6 inch pieces and tie a loop through each tassel.
- Cut additional pieces for the eggs but tie the loop first.
- Secure a loop to each egg with a dot of hot glue.
- Hang your tassels and washi eggs on the eucalyptus branches and enjoy the festive Easter tree.
Mine turned out just how I envisioned and I love that I can keep using the eucalyptus branches in the future. I did spend a little more on the faux branches to get some that looked really nice but both stems were still under $15.
Let’s go check out Stephanie’s gorgeous Global Style Easter Tree Centerpiece, shall we?
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
You might like these Easter/Spring posts too!
- Crafting Feathered Friends: A Step-by-Step Guide to DIY Paper Mache BirdsLearn how to make paper mache birds with supplies you already have using this easy DIY and step by step instructions for handmade modern decor.“ Birds of a feather stick…
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hey there fellow decorator! If you are anything like…
- Learn How to Make Beautiful Washi Paper Eggs with DecoupageMake these gorgeous DIY decoupage easter eggs with plastic eggs from the dollar store and washi or origami paper in a few simple steps. Spring is in the air and…
- Give Your Home a Spring Refresh with Things You Already HaveLearn how to refresh your home for Spring with 10 creative decorating ideas using things you already have. What’s your favorite part of spring? Birds singing, bulbs pushing up through…
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies…