Create a gorgeous DIY Easter tree with Eucalyptus stems, washi eggs, and tassels for colorful seasonal decor inspired by global style.
I love taking traditional decor and turning it into a beautiful piece that fits my style. If you are into fresh and simple Easter ideas then you’ll love this DIY Easter tree with eucalyptus stems. No more dusty holiday decor from the attic my friend!
DIY Easter Tree with Washi Eggs and Tassels
Hi there! Welcome to day 2 of A Very Global Easter! If you are new to this series, Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I are teaming up to share 7 straight days of globally inspired decor and DIYs for Easter. Yesterday we started with free printable art and today’s theme is DIY Easter Trees!
For my global inspiration, I used tassels and DIY Japanese washi eggs from last year. I’ve been dying to use eucalyptus branches in my decor so I decided this was the perfect excuse to purchase some!
What you need for a global DIY Easter tree:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- Washi Plastic Eggs (You can find the easy DIY dollar store washi eggs HERE)
- Baker’s Twine
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Eucalyptus Stems
I used supplies from my craft bin but they were all from the 100 yen store (our local dollar store).
Here’s how to create an Eucalyptus Easter tree:
- First cut the bakers string into 6 inch pieces and tie a loop through each tassel.
- Cut additional pieces for the eggs but tie the loop first.
- Secure a loop to each egg with a dot of hot glue.
- Hang your tassels and washi eggs on the eucalyptus branches and enjoy the festive Easter tree.
Mine turned out just how I envisioned and I love that I can keep using the eucalyptus branches in the future. I did spend a little more on the faux branches to get some that looked really nice but both stems were still under $15.
Let’s go check out Stephanie’s gorgeous Global Style Easter Tree Centerpiece, shall we?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might like these Easter/Spring posts too!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting