Create a gorgeous DIY Easter tree with Eucalyptus stems, washi eggs, and tassels for colorful seasonal decor inspired by global style.
I love taking traditional decor and turning it into a beautiful piece that fits my style. If you are into fresh and simple Easter ideas then you’ll love this DIY Easter tree with eucalyptus stems. No more dusty holiday decor from the attic my friend!
DIY Easter Tree with Washi Eggs and Tassels
Hi there! Welcome to day 2 of A Very Global Easter! If you are new to this series, Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I are teaming up to share 7 straight days of globally inspired decor and DIYs for Easter. Yesterday we started with free printable art and today’s theme is DIY Easter Trees!
For my global inspiration, I used tassels and DIY Japanese washi eggs from last year. I’ve been dying to use eucalyptus branches in my decor so I decided this was the perfect excuse to purchase some!
What you need for a global DIY Easter tree:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- Washi Plastic Eggs (You can find the easy DIY dollar store washi eggs HERE)
- Baker’s Twine
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Eucalyptus Stems
I used supplies from my craft bin but they were all from the 100 yen store (our local dollar store).
Here’s how to create an Eucalyptus Easter tree:
- First cut the bakers string into 6 inch pieces and tie a loop through each tassel.
- Cut additional pieces for the eggs but tie the loop first.
- Secure a loop to each egg with a dot of hot glue.
- Hang your tassels and washi eggs on the eucalyptus branches and enjoy the festive Easter tree.
Mine turned out just how I envisioned and I love that I can keep using the eucalyptus branches in the future. I did spend a little more on the faux branches to get some that looked really nice but both stems were still under $15.
Let’s go check out Stephanie’s gorgeous Global Style Easter Tree Centerpiece, shall we?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might like these Easter/Spring posts too!
- How to Create a Foyer and Keep it OrganizedLearn what things you should have to create a foyer that is functional and beautiful with these easy decorating and organization tips. We have had legit foyers in our last … Read More about A Simple Way to Make a Beautiful DIY Easter Tree
- Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You MoneyNow it’s more important than ever to have a clean house! Use these five simple ways to save money and reduce waste when cleaning. A big thanks to Infuse for … Read More about A Simple Way to Make a Beautiful DIY Easter Tree
- Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day GiftsLooking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic custom Mother’s Day gift ideas with supplies from around your house. With Mother’s Day just around the … Read More about A Simple Way to Make a Beautiful DIY Easter Tree
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It … Read More about A Simple Way to Make a Beautiful DIY Easter Tree
- How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free PrintablesUpdate your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor. Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how … Read More about A Simple Way to Make a Beautiful DIY Easter Tree
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.