Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
Make a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory!
I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and I will share how to make flower lights in minutes!
DIY Flower Garland Lights
Welcome back to A Very Global Easter! My good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I have been hosting this annual series for a few years now. We love to come up with globally inspired seasonal decor. You can find seven days of Easter ideas for this year and previous years on A Very Global Easter page.
This fun garland fairy lights DIY made with silk flowers makes Day Seven for the year. Make sure to check out these other ideas below.
- DIY White Easter Tree with Moss
- Moss Covered Plastic Easter Eggs
- Chinoiserie Printable Art for Spring
- Moss Covered Spring Wreath with Blossoms
- Boho Easter Basket and Vignette
- Blue and White Global Spring Tablescape
How to Make Silk Flower Fairy Lights Garland
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
What you need:
- Fairy Lights
- Silk Flower Heads
- Decorative Floral Wire with Beads
How to Make Flower Garland Lights
- Wrap the beaded floral wire around the fairy lights wire. Do not wrap it too tightly, space it out 2-3 inches.
- Continue wrapping until you reach the end. Trim the floral wire if needed. Make sure both ends are pinched around the cord to securely hold it in place.
- Remove the plastic insert (flower pistil) on the front and back of each flower head by pulling them apart.
- Poke each fairy light bulb through the middle of a flower by gently pushing it through with the flower facing out to create fairy flower lights.
I used each flower color once and then repeated the pattern until I reached the end. Isn’t the rainbow of colors lovely?
Decorating ideas with DIY flower lights
Since this DIY is a battery flower fairy lights, the sky is the limit on how you can decorate with them! Try shaping the floral lights into a wreath by winding them into a circle. Or place them on a piece of furniture to add a touch of Spring.
I love how they look in my dining room mimicking the bright floral curtains. They really pop on my DIY white cane cabinet.
I think they would look really great draped around a mirror in the foyer or bathroom too! What are your favorite decorating ideas with fairy lights?
Find more inspiration and get ideas on what you can do with string lights and flowers on this page.
See how easy it is how to make flower string lights in only a few minutes? I hope this series inspired you to try some globally-inspired Easter DIYs. Make sure to head to Casa Watkins Living for more ideas! You are also invited to my Colorful Spring Home Tour where you will find 30+ other homes listed.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and…
- Try a Beautiful and Easy DIY Moss Wreath for SpringLearn how to make a DIY moss wreath with blossoms on a grapevine wreath form for a simple and beautiful Spring wreath! You are in the right place friend if you would rather make beautiful Spring decor rather than put…
- How to Make an Elegant Spring Basket Wreath with Repurposed ItemsCreate an elegant basket wreath by repurposing baskets and faux floral stems you already have. Step by step instructions and video included. I’m so giddy about today’s basket wreath. Threshing baskets are so easy to come by and you probably…
- Simple Tips for Decorating with Fake Flowers for SpringAdd a splash of seasonal decor to your home by decorating with fake flowers that look real and you can use them year after year! Artificial flowers have come a long way, so I decided to use them again in…
- A Simple Formula for Mixing Metals in the Bathroom BeautifullyRules are made to be broken! Get creative with decorating by following easy tips for mixing metals in the bathroom tastefully. You may be wondering if you can mix metals in a bathroom. Around here, we love to break out…
it is pretty! very nice idea 🙂
Thanks Lalka! I was pretty impressed with myself for this one. lol
I am thinking about making one like that for myself and maybe to use for photos of my dolls 🙂 thank you for idea and great tutorial <3
That sounds like a great idea! So glad you enjoyed the post.
So easy and colorful! Plus, I have all the elements on hand. I’ll be trying this today! Thanks for the inspiration!
Oh good! I’m happy to hear that someone else is making one! I thought it turned out so cute.