Make a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory!
I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and I will share how to make flower lights in minutes!
DIY Flower Garland Lights
Welcome back to A Very Global Easter! My good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I have been hosting this annual series for a few years now. We love to come up with globally inspired seasonal decor. You can find seven days of Easter ideas for this year and previous years on A Very Global Easter page.
This fun flower garland DIY makes Day Seven for this year. Make sure to check out these other ideas below.
- DIY White Easter Tree with Moss
- Moss Covered Plastic Easter Eggs
- Chinoiserie Printable Art for Spring
- Moss Covered Spring Wreath with Blossoms
- Boho Easter Basket and Vignette
- Blue and White Global Spring Tablescape
How to Make Flower Garland
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
What you need:
- Fairy Lights
- Flower Heads
- Decorative Floral Wire with Beads
How to Make Flower Garland Lights
- Wrap the beaded floral wire around the fairy lights wire. Do not wrap too tightly, space it out 2-3 inches.
- Continue wrapping until you reach the end. Trim the floral wire if needed. Make sure both ends are pinched around the cord to securely hold in place.
- Remove the plastic insert (flower pistil) on the front and back of each flower head by pulling them apart.
- Poke each fairy light bulb through the middle of a flower by gently pushing it through with the flower facing out.
I used each flower color once and then repeated the pattern until I reached the end. Isn’t the rainbow of colors lovely?
What to do with the DIY flower lights
You can shape the floral lights into a wreath by winding them into a circle. Or place them on a piece of furniture to add a touch of Spring. I love how they look in my dining room mimicking the bright floral curtains. They really pop on my DIY white cane cabinet.
I think they would look really great draped around a mirror in the foyer or bathroom too!
See how easy it is to make a flower garland in only a few minutes? I hope this series inspired you to try some globally inspired Easter DIYs. Make sure to head to Casa Watkins Living for more ideas! You are also invited to my Colorful Spring Home Tour where you will find 30+ other homes listed.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around the corner and 30+ bloggers are ready to inspire you … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden. Minnie Aumonier Welcome back … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at week 7 of the One Room Challenge where 100s of … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when they are also small spaces. The natural tendency is to … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love and trust. There are some affiliate links for your … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art