Make a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory!
I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and I will share how to make flower lights in minutes!
DIY Flower Garland Lights
Welcome back to A Very Global Easter! My good friend Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living and I have been hosting this annual series for a few years now. We love to come up with globally inspired seasonal decor. You can find seven days of Easter ideas for this year and previous years on A Very Global Easter page.
This fun flower garland DIY makes Day Seven for this year. Make sure to check out these other ideas below.
- DIY White Easter Tree with Moss
- Moss Covered Plastic Easter Eggs
- Chinoiserie Printable Art for Spring
- Moss Covered Spring Wreath with Blossoms
- Boho Easter Basket and Vignette
- Blue and White Global Spring Tablescape
How to Make Flower Garland
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
What you need:
- Fairy Lights
- Flower Heads
- Decorative Floral Wire with Beads
How to Make Flower Garland Lights
- Wrap the beaded floral wire around the fairy lights wire. Do not wrap too tightly, space it out 2-3 inches.
- Continue wrapping until you reach the end. Trim the floral wire if needed. Make sure both ends are pinched around the cord to securely hold in place.
- Remove the plastic insert (flower pistil) on the front and back of each flower head by pulling them apart.
- Poke each fairy light bulb through the middle of a flower by gently pushing it through with the flower facing out.
I used each flower color once and then repeated the pattern until I reached the end. Isn’t the rainbow of colors lovely?
What to do with the DIY flower lights
You can shape the floral lights into a wreath by winding them into a circle. Or place them on a piece of furniture to add a touch of Spring. I love how they look in my dining room mimicking the bright floral curtains. They really pop on my DIY white cane cabinet.
I think they would look really great draped around a mirror in the foyer or bathroom too!
See how easy it is to make a flower garland in only a few minutes? I hope this series inspired you to try some globally inspired Easter DIYs. Make sure to head to Casa Watkins Living for more ideas! You are also invited to my Colorful Spring Home Tour where you will find 30+ other homes listed.
Join me on Instagram for behind the scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you a happy Spring. I’m thrilled to be sharing a … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. So pull out your fairy lights and … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. I’m so excited to be a part of Marty from … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and only a few minutes. Welcome to A Very Global Easter … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only a Spring blue and white tablescape with you today but … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting