Looking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic ideas from daughters for Mothers Day gifts with supplies from around the house.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to share handmade gift ideas perfect for daughters to give to mothers including colorful and fun ones from my favorite eclectic bloggers. Most of them you can make with items you already have!
I hope these non-traditional DIY gift ideas will spark some creative inspiration for you as they did for me. Each post includes an easy-to-understand tutorial so make sure to click through to read the original post and/or save original images for later.
20 Unique DIY Ideas Mother’s Day Gifts from their Daughter
A curated roundup from bloggers that have inspired me for years and even some personal friends.
- Customize this DIY Pasta Patterned Planter from A Kalio Chic Life with your mom’s favorite color for a bright and interesting home decor piece. Don’t forget her favorite flower or plant!
- Let your mom have fun with fashion by gifting these cute DIY Shoe Appliques from The House That Lars Built. Maybe make a second pair for yourself while you are at it. 😉
- Try your own DIY flower arrangement for mother’s day instead of store bought flowers with Everyday Flowers Roses and Thistle from Julie Blanner. Creating a beautiful arrangemnet may sound atimidating but Julie takes the guesswork out with detailed instructions to make it a breeze. Thanks Julie!
- Make your own DIY paper roses with coffee filters from Up to Date Interiors for flowers that last forever. My mother loved these when I made them the first time and this fun tutorial quickly became my readers favorites. Check out the different instructions I include. I think this gift would be super cute with your mom’s favorite room scent spray or candle.
- Give your mom her favorite bottle of wine and these adorable DIY Pineapple Inspired Wine Charms from Casa Watkins Living. Carry her away to her favorite tropical vacay!
- Make a Lava stone necklace DIY (for essential Oils) from A Beautiful Mess and pair with a favorite oil for your mom to try. Another perfect daughters to mothers day gift idea! Essential oils have really become popular for their natural scents and deep-rooted practices of aromatherapy.
- This DIY Dollar Store Mason Jar Mug in a Mitt Gift from This is Our bliss was meant as a hostess gift but it’s perfect for mother’s day too. Give your mom some well deserved me time with a fun cocktail recipe too.
- Create a unique planter with dishes like this one inspired by Anthropologie from Up to Date Interiors and put your mom’s favorite foliage inside. Try a realistic succulent or air plant if your mom doesn’t have a green thumb. Is that even possible for a mother?
- Add your mom’s favorite flowers or foliage stems to a Dollar Store Confetti Vase from Up to Date Interiors. Use her prefered colors for the custom vase wtih an unexpected material.
- Make a Mini Coiled Clay Bowl from Delineate Your Dwelling as a pretty storage container for jewelry, office supplies, change, or bathroom toiletries. Style is with a filler to give your mom ideas!
- Try your own hand at candle making with gorgeous DIY Wood Wick Candles from Swoon Worthy. Include a creative match holder to compelte the Mother’s day gift.
- Try a hand-painted dollar store vase for a personalized gift featuring your mom’s favorite colors. DIY from Up to Date Interiors. This is one of my favorite Dollar Tree DIY for Mother’s day and easier than you think. Head over to the post for printable template!
- These DIY Holly Golithgy Sleep Masks from PMQ for Two are so cute and would be great to pair with the classic movie as a gift idea. Browse her creative and colorful blog for even more ideas!
- If your mom loves home decor, try updating a plain pillow with this DIY No Sew Stamped Pillow tutorial from Designing Vibes. Even better, make a pair of pillow covers for your mom to easily update or change some sofa pillows.
- Repurpose an old picture frame with this cute DIY fabric-wrapped frame idea from Up to Date Interiors. Print out a photo of the two of you for this special gift!
- This might be a seasonal DIY but how lovely would it be as a mother’s day gift? See the full Spring Basket Wreath DIY at Homemade by Carmona. It is beautiful enough to stay out year round.
- Customize a vase, jar, or other container with faux florals for a beautiful hand made gift. Tutorial from Up to Date Interiors for Tool Box Divas. Pairing florals with a striped vase is a fool-proof match!
- If you want to create DIY art, you’ll love Persia Lou‘s How to Paint Watercolor Agate Slices with step by step instructions. Isn’t it gorgeous? Mabe you’ll enjoy making a full collection!
- DIY Marbled Candle Holders from Birds Party are great for taper candles and easy to customize with your mom’s favorite colors. They would be a lovely party decoration for a Mother’s day brunch!
- Update a planter with Washi Tape and your mom’s favorite plant from Up to Date Interiors. This inexpensive project makes an out of the box decorating accesory personalized.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Now I’m ready to get my craft on! Aren’t they fantastic? Do you have a favorite DIY mother’s day gift idea?
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and creating a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! Casa Watkins Living and I are having so much fun sharing globally-influenced DIYs, decorating ideas, and more for A Very Global Christmas. Today is day…
- How to Make a Pom Pom Garland in 3 Easy StepsLearn how to make an adorable DIY pom pom garland in three simple steps, and decorate your home with this playful accessory. I enjoy decorating with neutrals during the holidays and trying to repurpose or DIY most of my decor. Since we have 70% of our belongings in long term storage, including our Halloween decor, I did…
- How to Make a Perfect Pinecone Wreath with Easy TipsFollow these easy steps to make a pinecone wreath with a foam wreath form. It’s the perfect Fall or holiday door wreath on a budget! Hi, y’all. Hope you had a wonderful weekend! It’s the perfect time of year for collecting pinecones and creating holiday crafts. Making wreaths is one of my favorite DIY projects…
- An Easy DIY Textured Paint Vase and Planter Makeover IdeaGive your ceramic vases and planters an easy makeover with DIY textured paint to make them look like pottery! I’m in the middle of giving my living room a modern makeover. I decided to update a ceramic vase and a large gold ceramic planter with DIY textured paint to turn them into beautiful pottery pieces….
- How to Make Pillow Covers for Easy Seasonal Decorating on a DimeLearn how to make DIY pillow covers with an easy envelope pillowcase tutorial and change your decor on a dime. Seasonal decluttering, organizing and home crafts for Spring are such great DIY projects to get out of the winter blues. Today’s easy DIY is perfect for leftover and saved fabric remnants or a fun excuse…