Create beautiful ribbon easter eggs with easy step by step pictures and decorative tape from the dollar store for global modern Easter decor.
I can’t believe Easter is right around the corner. It’s interesting being in a country that doesn’t celebrate the Christian holiday. (We are a military family stationed in Japan) Not a single egg at the “dollar store!” Of course, that didn’t stop me from decorating eggs. Try this DIY to add modern global style to your Easter and Spring decor!
DIY Ribbon Easter Eggs
Did your mother ever blow out yoke from eggs for you to decorate? Mine did but I didn’t realize how difficult it was until I decided to continue the tradition this year. Oh boy, what a headache. I blew out yoke from gorgeous brown speckled eggs with very orange yokes. If you have had fresh farm eggs you know what I’m talking about.
I found Japanese ribbon tape from the 100 yen store and spent under $3 on three rolls. I absolutely love how they turned out. They look very similar to traditional washi eggs. You can try this simple DIY with washi or ribbon tape.
What you need for ribbon Easter eggs:
- Plastic Easter eggs or blown out eggs
- Ribbon or washi tape
How to make ribbon easter eggs:
- Wide ribbon – make little cuts around the edges so they flat closer to the ends of the eggs. The ribbon will overlap a little.
- Cut round pieces to cover the tips.
- Thin ribbon tape- Cut strips of thin tape from the wide ribbon tape or use thin ribbon tape. Simply wrap the ribbon tape all around the egg until it is completely covered.
Tip: As you wrap the tape/ribbon around the egg, cut little snippets about every 1/4″ so it will lay flat.
I wrapped the blue and white eggs around the middle and cut two circles for each end. The red ribbon was cut into thin strips then wrapped around. Both methods worked great.
Aren’t the ribbons gorgeous? I love the gold in the patterns. They look lovely in our newly decorated foyer!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- DIY a German Smear Mortar Wash for Under $10Try this easy and inexpensive DIY tutorial to achieve a german schmear mortar wash on a stone or brick fireplace for just a few dollars! Welcome back to the One…
- Organic Modern Living Room Reveal and How to Replicate the Key ElementsCheck out how our organic modern living room makeover, learn what the style is, and see how to create the look in your home. This post contains sponsored and affiliate…
- An Easy DIY Textured Paint Vase and Planter Makeover IdeaGive your ceramic vases and planters an easy makeover with DIY textured paint to make them look like pottery! I’m in the middle of giving my living room a modern…
- Try this Easy and Modern Fireplace Facelift for a Floating MantelCheck out this before-and-after fireplace facelift for a floating mantel to give it a beautiful modern makeover on a budget. Are you looking for a way to beautify your floating…
- 10 Original Free Printable Chanel Wall ArtAdd a little inspiration to your home and closet with 10 free printable Chanel wall art downloads in neutral, pink, and blue hues. Are you looking for free Chanel wall…