Create beautiful ribbon easter eggs with easy step by step pictures and decorative tape from the dollar store for global modern Easter decor.
I can’t believe Easter is right around the corner. It’s interesting being in a country that doesn’t celebrate the Christian holiday. (We are a military family stationed in Japan) Not a single egg at the “dollar store!” Of course, that didn’t stop me from decorating eggs. Try this DIY to add modern global style to your Easter and Spring decor!
DIY Ribbon Easter Eggs
Did your mother ever blow out yoke from eggs for you to decorate? Mine did but I didn’t realize how difficult it was until I decided to continue the tradition this year. Oh boy, what a headache. I blew out yoke from gorgeous brown speckled eggs with very orange yokes. If you have had fresh farm eggs you know what I’m talking about.
I found Japanese ribbon tape from the 100 yen store and spent under $3 on three rolls. I absolutely love how they turned out. They look very similar to traditional washi eggs. You can try this simple DIY with washi or ribbon tape.
What you need for ribbon Easter eggs:
- Plastic Easter eggs or blown out eggs
- Ribbon or washi tape
How to make ribbon easter eggs:
- Wide ribbon – make little cuts around the edges so they flat closer to the ends of the eggs. The ribbon will overlap a little.
- Cut round pieces to cover the tips.
- Thin ribbon tape- Cut strips of thin tape from the wide ribbon tape or use thin ribbon tape. Simply wrap the ribbon tape all around the egg until it is completely covered.
Tip: As you wrap the tape/ribbon around the egg, cut little snippets about every 1/4″ so it will lay flat.
I wrapped the blue and white eggs around the middle and cut two circles for each end. The red ribbon was cut into thin strips then wrapped around. Both methods worked great.
Aren’t the ribbons gorgeous? I love the gold in the patterns. They look lovely in our newly decorated foyer!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Easy Handmade Paper Gift Tags with Fringe You’ll LovePersonalize your holiday gift wrap with handmade paper gift tags made from color cards and tassel-fringe for a French modern-bohemian touch. Do you go for traditional holiday gift wrapping and … Read More about Easy Handmade Paper Gift Tags with Fringe You’ll Love
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree Advent CalendarCreate a beautiful tinsel tree advent calendar with a Partidge in a Pear tree theme and this easy tutorial. Part of A Very Global Christmas. Every once in awhile I … Read More about A Partridge in a Pear Tree Advent Calendar
- How to make an Artificial Christmas Wreath BeautifulLearn how to create a beautiful artificial Christmas wreath with pinecones, floral, and berries to adorn your door for the season. I feel like you learn a lot about someone’s … Read More about How to make an Artificial Christmas Wreath Beautiful
- How to Paint Plastic Ornaments with a Floral PatternLearn how to paint plastic ornaments with a beautiful floral pattern to update your Christmas tree this year. Are you looking for a way to change your Christmas tree this … Read More about How to Paint Plastic Ornaments with a Floral Pattern
- A Global Eclectic Christmas Home Tour with Colorful DIYsTour our global eclectic Christmas home office, master bedroom, and piano studio infused with colorful, modern-traditional decor. *This post contains affiliate and previously sponsored links from brands that I know … Read More about A Global Eclectic Christmas Home Tour with Colorful DIYs