Create beautiful ribbon easter eggs with easy step by step pictures and decorative tape from the dollar store for global modern Easter decor.
I can’t believe Easter is right around the corner. It’s interesting being in a country that doesn’t celebrate the Christian holiday. (We are a military family stationed in Japan) Not a single egg at the “dollar store!” Of course, that didn’t stop me from decorating eggs. Try this DIY to add modern global style to your Easter and Spring decor!
DIY Ribbon Easter Eggs
Did your mother ever blow out yoke from eggs for you to decorate? Mine did but I didn’t realize how difficult it was until I decided to continue the tradition this year. Oh boy, what a headache. I blew out yoke from gorgeous brown speckled eggs with very orange yokes. If you have had fresh farm eggs you know what I’m talking about.
I found Japanese ribbon tape from the 100 yen store and spent under $3 on three rolls. I absolutely love how they turned out. They look very similar to traditional washi eggs. You can try this simple DIY with washi or ribbon tape.
What you need for ribbon Easter eggs:
- Plastic Easter eggs or blown out eggs
- Ribbon or washi tape
How to make ribbon easter eggs:
- Wide ribbon – make little cuts around the edges so they flat closer to the ends of the eggs. The ribbon will overlap a little.
- Cut round pieces to cover the tips.
- Thin ribbon tape- Cut strips of thin tape from the wide ribbon tape or use thin ribbon tape. Simply wrap the ribbon tape all around the egg until it is completely covered.
Tip: As you wrap the tape/ribbon around the egg, cut little snippets about every 1/4″ so it will lay flat.
I wrapped the blue and white eggs around the middle and cut two circles for each end. The red ribbon was cut into thin strips then wrapped around. Both methods worked great.
Aren’t the ribbons gorgeous? I love the gold in the patterns. They look lovely in our newly decorated foyer!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes