Turn cheap plastic Easter eggs into a gorgeous elegant egg garland for Easter decor in minutes with this easy DIY. Use painted or colorful plastic eggs.
If there is a way to turn plastic Easter eggs into beautiful seasonal decor, I’ll find it! I tend to use items I have on hand and repurpose old decor to create new pieces for each holiday so I don’t accumulate too many things. It’s very satisfying to change something to fit with a current style or mood. And that’s just what I did for an Easter egg garland DIY this year!
Hi there. Welcome to day six of A Very Global Easter where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs and decorating tips. We are getting close to wrapping it up but have a couple of more to share with you.
Today our theme is Easter garland ideas and I’m excited to show you how I transformed cheap plastic Easter eggs into a pretty modern-moody egg garland. Make sure to scroll down to see what my talented cohost did!
How to Make Plastic Easter Egg Garland
Optional: Paint your plastic Easter eggs in colors that fit with your decor.
- Start by spray painting plastic eggs with chalkboard spray paint or primer.
- Once they are dry, use craft paint and gave each one two coats of a favorite hue.
- Did you know notice that plastic eggs already have a hole in each end? This makes it super easy to thread fishing wire through to make egg garland.
- Start by threading a small button or bead on one end of the fishing wire so the eggs don’t slip off. Continue by threading eggs on one by one. Use a long needle or open the eggs to make threading easier. Add a second button or bead after the last egg is on.
Hang on a fireplace mantel, piece of furniture, or drape over a piece of art or mirror for a beautiful Easter vignette!
I hung my Easter egg garland around a piece of art over the foyer cabinet and added a gold bunny bank to complete the holiday decor.
I love how the colors tie into our hallway art gallery. This is the view right when you walk in the front door.
I was planning on doing a bit more but I’ve been fighting a cold this last week and am lacking my usual energy. I am planning on decorating for spring soon!
I hope you are enjoying the Easter series as much as we are! You can find all previous posts at A Very Global Easter page. Now let’s go visit Casa Watkins Living and see her pretty Spring Succulent Garland DIY!
Have you tried decorating plastic Easter eggs? I’ve had fun turning them into DIY Washi Eggs, Moroccan wedding blanket inspired eggs, and floral with velvet trim eggs. I’m slowly running out of regular plastic eggs to hide for my kids!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes