Turn cheap plastic Easter eggs into a gorgeous elegant egg garland for Easter decor in minutes with this easy DIY. Use painted or colorful plastic eggs.
If there is a way to turn plastic Easter eggs into beautiful seasonal decor, I’ll find it! I tend to use items I have on hand and repurpose old decor to create new pieces for each holiday so I don’t accumulate too many things. It’s very satisfying to change something to fit with a current style or mood. And that’s just what I did for an Easter egg garland DIY this year!
Hi there. Welcome to day six of A Very Global Easter where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs and decorating tips. We are getting close to wrapping it up but have a couple of more to share with you.
Today our theme is Easter garland ideas and I’m excited to show you how I transformed cheap plastic Easter eggs into a pretty modern-moody egg garland. Make sure to scroll down to see what my talented cohost did!
How to Make Plastic Easter Egg Garland
Optional: Paint your plastic Easter eggs in colors that fit with your decor.
- Start by spray painting plastic eggs with chalkboard spray paint or primer.
- Once they are dry, use craft paint and gave each one two coats of a favorite hue.
- Did you know notice that plastic eggs already have a hole in each end? This makes it super easy to thread fishing wire through to make egg garland.
- Start by threading a small button or bead on one end of the fishing wire so the eggs don’t slip off. Continue by threading eggs on one by one. Use a long needle or open the eggs to make threading easier. Add a second button or bead after the last egg is on.
Hang on a fireplace mantel, piece of furniture, or drape over a piece of art or mirror for a beautiful Easter vignette!
I hung my Easter egg garland around a piece of art over the foyer cabinet and added a gold bunny bank to complete the holiday decor.
I love how the colors tie into our hallway art gallery. This is the view right when you walk in the front door.
I was planning on doing a bit more but I’ve been fighting a cold this last week and am lacking my usual energy. I am planning on decorating for spring soon!
I hope you are enjoying the Easter series as much as we are! You can find all previous posts at A Very Global Easter page. Now let’s go visit Casa Watkins Living and see her pretty Spring Succulent Garland DIY!
Have you tried decorating plastic Easter eggs? I’ve had fun turning them into DIY Washi Eggs, Moroccan wedding blanket inspired eggs, and floral with velvet trim eggs. I’m slowly running out of regular plastic eggs to hide for my kids!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
- Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love WithIs it Autumn yet? Find a mix of beautiful and easy DIY Fall outdoor wreaths and my favorite online store picks for beautiful modern wreaths! Aren’t the change of seasons … Read More about Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love With