Update your Easter baskets with this simple DIY using pom-poms for an eclectic-boho look. Ideas for boys and girls Easter basket makeovers.
Are you tired of putting out the same ol’ Easter baskets every Spring? Before you buy new ones, consider updating yours with this fun and easy DIY to make them more your style.
Easter Basket Updates with Pom-Poms
We did it! Casa Watkins Living and I are on day 7 for A Very Global Easter where we are sharing globally influenced and inspired decorating tips and DIYs for Easter. Today’s our last day for this current series and we decided to make it a kid-friendly craft idea. So let’s get to it with boho Easter basket makeovers using a variety of pom-poms and then head over to Casa Watkins Living for her Wood Slice Easter Coloring Place Card.
I wanted my children to help me with their Easter basket update so I let them pick out which pom-poms to use. My daughter’s basket is a natural color that came with a pink liner and my son’s basket is plain green. We decided to remove the liner and add white pom-pom trim to the natural wood basket and embellish my son’s basket with colorful wool pom-poms.
Here’s what you need to add global boho flare to your Easter baskets:
- White pom-pom trim
- Wool balls in different colors
- Hot glue gun and sticks (or craft glue for younger children)
For girls Easter basket makeover DIY:
- Remove any liners or other embellishment. Measure the length of the pom-pom trim by wrapping it around the basket and cut.
- Attach the trim with hot glue following along the basket’s edge or another line to keep it straight. Work in small sections at a time. Add as many rows of pom-pom trim you desire.
Tip: When using trim, make sure to line up your seams all on one side. If you are basket has a seam in it, you can use that as a guide for other trim seams.
For boy’s Easter basket makeover:
This basket facelift was even easier.
- Use a dot of hot glue (or kid-friendly craft glue) on each wool ball and space them out in a loose zig-zag pattern on a basket.
With just a little effort, my kiddos’ baskets went from generic to global boho! We love them. This might be one of my favorite Easter DIYs yet!
They are so cute they could even stay out for Easter or Spring decor all season.
The Easter DIY that Casa Watkins Living shared is fantastic. Even though it’s for children, I think any adult would enjoy it too! Let’s head over there, shall we?
If you love repurposing old seasonal decor then you’ll love Best Spring Decorating Ideas with free checklists and cheat sheets. Happy Spring friend!! Talk to you soon,