Transform your dining table for your next dinner party with easy and beautiful bohemian table setting ideas using burlap, linen, and ribbon.
Hi there! How are you? I hope your week is off to a great start. Yesterday I shared how to put together an eclectic and boho table setting with lots of layers and texture. Today I’m going to go into more detail about the simple DIYs for the table. Scroll to the bottom for all of the details.
DIY Bohemian Table Setting Ideas
*This post is sponsored by burlapfabric.com. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
For these DIYs, I used classic linen cloth napkins, a table runner with cotton ruffle, colorful ribbon, and a jute bag with a bamboo handle.
Coming up with creative DIYs for everyday linens was really fun for me and just what I needed this week! So gather up some cloth napkins, tablecloths, placemats, or table runners and let’s give them a facelift.
DIY BohoTable Runner
What you need:
- table runner
- plastic foliage (I used monstera leaves)
- gold spray paint
For this DIY, lay out your table runner outside and tuck or cover any parts you don’t want to get paint on.
Lay out the leaves to create a pattern and lightly spray paint over with gold paint. You can hold the leaves in place with straight pins if needed.
The result is a stenciled botanical runner in minutes! Let it dry for 24 hours before using.
DIY Ribbon Napkin Rings
What you need:
- one napkin ring
- colorful ribbon
Simply cut a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long. Tie it around a napkin ring in a knot. Fold the edges and cut at an angle for a polished look. Slip off the napkin ring and use! (It may be easier to put the napkin into the ring before slipping it off.)
DIY Dyed Linen Napkins
What you need:
- 6-12 linen napkins
- kool aid packets
- dish soap
This DIY was the most time consuming but if you use a few pots you can dye 3-4 napkins at a time and finish much faster.
First soak the cloth napkins in warm soapy water for 30 minutes to soften the fibers. Bring 4 cups of water to a near boil, add 1/4 of vinegar and one kool aid packet, and bring to a simmer. The colors that worked the best and quickest were the black cherry, cherry, and lemon-lime.
Add a napkin and make sure it is completely emerged in the solution. Wait a few minutes, checking the color every so often. Some will dye immediately and other colors can take as long as 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the napkin and rinse.
After you have them dyed, throw all of your cloth napkins into the dryer on high heat to help further set the color. You will need to iron them before use. I also love how my friend made Ice Dyed Napkins.
And there you have it! Three really easy DIYs for your table. When will be the next time you host dinner? Would you try any of these?
Make sure to check out yesterday’s post to see how I used the DIYs for a boho eclectic table and 50+ ideas for Fall decor and holidays with free printables!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art