Transform your dining table for your next dinner party with easy and beautiful bohemian table setting ideas using burlap, linen, and ribbon.
Hi there! How are you? I hope your week is off to a great start. Yesterday I shared how to put together an eclectic and boho table setting with lots of layers and texture. Today I’m going to go into more detail about the simple DIYs for the table. Scroll to the bottom for all of the details.
DIY Bohemian Table Setting Ideas
*This post is sponsored by burlapfabric.com. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
For these DIYs, I used classic linen cloth napkins, a table runner with cotton ruffle, colorful ribbon, and a jute bag with a bamboo handle.
Coming up with creative DIYs for everyday linens was really fun for me and just what I needed this week! So gather up some cloth napkins, tablecloths, placemats, or table runners and let’s give them a facelift.
DIY BohoTable Runner
What you need:
- table runner
- plastic foliage (I used monstera leaves)
- gold spray paint
For this DIY, lay out your table runner outside and tuck or cover any parts you don’t want to get paint on.
Lay out the leaves to create a pattern and lightly spray paint over with gold paint. You can hold the leaves in place with straight pins if needed.
The result is a stenciled botanical runner in minutes! Let it dry for 24 hours before using.
DIY Ribbon Napkin Rings
What you need:
- one napkin ring
- colorful ribbon
Simply cut a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long. Tie it around a napkin ring in a knot. Fold the edges and cut at an angle for a polished look. Slip off the napkin ring and use! (It may be easier to put the napkin into the ring before slipping it off.)
DIY Dyed Linen Napkins
What you need:
- 6-12 linen napkins
- kool aid packets
- dish soap
This DIY was the most time consuming but if you use a few pots you can dye 3-4 napkins at a time and finish much faster.
First soak the cloth napkins in warm soapy water for 30 minutes to soften the fibers. Bring 4 cups of water to a near boil, add 1/4 of vinegar and one kool aid packet, and bring to a simmer. The colors that worked the best and quickest were the black cherry, cherry, and lemon-lime.
Add a napkin and make sure it is completely emerged in the solution. Wait a few minutes, checking the color every so often. Some will dye immediately and other colors can take as long as 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the napkin and rinse.
After you have them dyed, throw all of your cloth napkins into the dryer on high heat to help further set the color. You will need to iron them before use. I also love how my friend made Ice Dyed Napkins.
And there you have it! Three really easy DIYs for your table. When will be the next time you host dinner? Would you try any of these?
Make sure to check out yesterday’s post to see how I used the DIYs for a boho eclectic table and 50+ ideas for Fall decor and holidays with free printables!
- Make Your Own Shell Place Card Holders for Beautiful Table DecorGet the look for less with these gorgeous Joss & Main-inspired DIY sea shell place card holders. It only takes two steps to create! Today’s craft was inspired by seashell…
- DIY Ranunculus Flowers A Simple Guide for Lasting BloomsCreate gorgeous DIY ranunculus flowers with tissue paper, craft glue, and florist tape/wire. The perfect bouquet that lasts forever. Hello, my crafty friend! Today, I’m super excited to share with…
- Make Modern Valentine’s Decor With DIY Clay HeartsCreate charming clay heart ornaments with this easy DIY guide. Perfect for Valentine’s decor, gifts, and more. Step-by-step instructions are included! Greetings friends! I have a little Modern Valentine’s project…
- Here’s How to Make Gold-leaf Watercolor Easter Eggs EasilyCreate beautiful seasonal decor with gold-leaf watercolor Easter eggs. Follow easy step-by-step instructions for different techniques. I love creating unique seasonal decor and gold-leaf and watercolor eggs were on the…
- Cheerful Blooms: A Colorful Floral Spring Home Tour with Free PrintableJoin our colorful floral Spring home tour. Find creative decor ideas that bring cheerful floral accents and vibrant colors to every room. Warm greetings, dear friend and fellow decor enthusiast….