Transform your dining table for your next dinner party with easy and beautiful bohemian table setting ideas using burlap, linen, and ribbon.
Hi there! How are you? I hope your week is off to a great start. Yesterday I shared how to put together an eclectic and boho table setting with lots of layers and texture. Today I’m going to go into more detail about the simple DIYs for the table. Scroll to the bottom for all of the details.
DIY Bohemian Table Setting Ideas
*This post is sponsored by burlapfabric.com. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
For these DIYs, I used classic linen cloth napkins, a table runner with cotton ruffle, colorful ribbon, and a jute bag with a bamboo handle.
Coming up with creative DIYs for everyday linens was really fun for me and just what I needed this week! So gather up some cloth napkins, tablecloths, placemats, or table runners and let’s give them a facelift.
DIY BohoTable Runner
What you need:
- table runner
- plastic foliage (I used monstera leaves)
- gold spray paint
For this DIY, lay out your table runner outside and tuck or cover any parts you don’t want to get paint on.
Lay out the leaves to create a pattern and lightly spray paint over with gold paint. You can hold the leaves in place with straight pins if needed.
The result is a stenciled botanical runner in minutes! Let it dry for 24 hours before using.
DIY Ribbon Napkin Rings
What you need:
- one napkin ring
- colorful ribbon
Simply cut a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long. Tie it around a napkin ring in a knot. Fold the edges and cut at an angle for a polished look. Slip off the napkin ring and use! (It may be easier to put the napkin into the ring before slipping it off.)
DIY Dyed Linen Napkins
What you need:
- 6-12 linen napkins
- kool aid packets
- dish soap
This DIY was the most time consuming but if you use a few pots you can dye 3-4 napkins at a time and finish much faster.
First soak the cloth napkins in warm soapy water for 30 minutes to soften the fibers. Bring 4 cups of water to a near boil, add 1/4 of vinegar and one kool aid packet, and bring to a simmer. The colors that worked the best and quickest were the black cherry, cherry, and lemon-lime.
Add a napkin and make sure it is completely emerged in the solution. Wait a few minutes, checking the color every so often. Some will dye immediately and other colors can take as long as 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the napkin and rinse.
After you have them dyed, throw all of your cloth napkins into the dryer on high heat to help further set the color. You will need to iron them before use. I also love how my friend made Ice Dyed Napkins.
And there you have it! Three really easy DIYs for your table. When will be the next time you host dinner? Would you try any of these?
Make sure to check out yesterday’s post to see how I used the DIYs for a boho eclectic table and 50+ ideas for Fall decor and holidays with free printables!
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes