Transform your home for the holidays with elegant Thanksgiving decor using just a couple of pieces of greenery to make a big statement.
*A huge thank you to Tree Classics for sponsoring this post. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Hey there! Can you believe we are coming into November this week? You may not be thinking about the holidays yet, but that’s okay. I’m here with a few other bloggers sharing Tree Classic’s Treasured Celebration to bring you ideas and inspiration. Scroll to the bottom to see the schedule and links for the series.
How to add Easy and Elegant Thanksgiving Decor with Greenery
A little background. My husband just retired from the Marine Corps and we recently relocated to Fort Worth (home for me!). This is the first time in 18 years that I’ve lived close to my family. Most of our holidays are spent with our military family but now we are back home, we are excited to carry over some of our recent holiday activities to mingle in with family traditions. Of course with those traditions, I’m excited to share how we are decorating our new home for the season!
My husband learned how to make clam chowder when we were stationed in N.C. and was able to go clam hunting in our backyard 6 years ago. Now he is known for his chowder and loves preparing it when we have a large group of single marines or close friends over for the holidays. We usually start the evening on a more serious and humble note, sharing what we are most thankful for.
Often for our family that is far away, friends and spouses who are deployed, and new friends that we are so grateful to have. More often than not, our holiday meals end with karaoke (the influence of being stationed in Okinawa and Iwakuni Japan!), puzzles, and games. It usually feels like an evening spent with a bunch of close siblings!
This year, our Thanksgiving is turning into a weekend of festivities which I’m looking forward to! We have tons of family here and even more traveling into town so we’ve decided to keep the Thanksgiving meal more intimate and share it with our immediate families.
For the rest of the weekend, our large group is getting together for a Thanksgiving dessert night, a pot luck dinner on Friday, and then my family will host a clam chowder and games evening on Saturday.
To add festive decor for the occasion, I chose Tree Classics’ classic Fraser fir festive garland for our mantel and styled it with a few glam accessories using a trio of brass candlesticks on one side and a DIY floral arrangement on the other. The mantel surround we brought back with us from Japan and I love how unusual it is to have two mantels and also the layers of texture.
Since we recently moved and unpacked, I enjoyed keeping our fall and Thanksgiving decor to a few pieces that would make a big impact. I have a bowl of my DIY velvet pumpkins on the coffee table with many global finds.
For our dining table, I used TreeClassics’ beautiful classic fraser fir festive wreath as a centerpiece by placing three candle sticks in the middle. The size of the wreath is impressive and would be fun to embellish (which I might do for Christmas) but for now, it makes a beautiful focal point just as it is.
A wonderful feature for both the wreath and garland is a battery pack that as a timer for the lights which means you can display them anywhere without having to worry about an outlet, cords, or switches!
With just a couple of beautiful greenery and twinkling lights, our house is already magically transformed for Thanksgiving weekend. It doesn’t get any easier than that folks! And the best part is, it can flow right into Christmas.
If you are looking for gorgeous greenery for the holidays, you can find more wreath and garlands on this page.
And enjoy these holiday traditions during the Treasured Celebrations event from these bloggers:
October 22: Jennifer Lutz
October 29: Emily of Small Stuff Counts
October 30: Kathy of Up to Date Interiors (you are here!)
November 1: Kendra of Joy in Our Home
November 2: Kaitlyn of Fresh and Vintage Living
November 17: Treasured Celebrations Wrap-Up Post By Tree Classics
Looking for more Fall decorating ideas? Check out this page full of Fall, Thanksgiving, and Halloween DIYs and seasonal decor.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to satisfy, … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at week … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when they … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love and … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to use … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle