Looking for ways to add global chic style to your space using what you have? Try gold paint for metal furniture.
Welcome to week 3 of the New Year New Room Refresh hosted by Casa Watkins Living. Ten of us are giving a room a refresh this month and sharing updates every Tuesday. We are inviting you to participate in this fun annual series by linking up at the bottom of this post.
There’s been slow progress due to waiting on products being shipped but I’m happy to share an easy furniture update in my daughter’s room. But first, if you’ve missed the first two weeks, I shared inspiration for a global bohemian girl’s bedroom and how to prep for a room makeover.
A Global Chic Furniture Update with Gold Paint
The New Year New Room Refresh Updates
- Week 1: Global Bohemian Bedroom Design Inspiration for a Girl
- Week 2: How to prep for a room makeover with easy tips
- Week 3: An Easy Furniture Update for Global Chic Style
- Week 4: Decorating Challenges of Living Overseas and How to Overcome Them
- Week 5: A Beautiful Dollar Store Wall Hanging for Your Boho Home
- Week 6: Global Bohemian Bedroom Makeover for a Girl
Okay. Can we talk about the power of spray paint? It’s been a while since I’ve given a piece of furniture or decor a quick update. It’s so easy and you get instant gratification. So much fun!
Warning, if you have yet to dive into the world of spray paint, it’s addicting. You’ll soon be transforming everything in your house.
For my daughter’s global chic boho room makeover, I’m saving money by giving her older pieces a facelift.
We bought a black metal with glass top IKEA table for her nursery before she was even born and it still gets lots of use. To bring it up to date and give the room more eclectic appeal, I chose gold for this quicky DIY.
You might be thinking about what kind of gold paint for metal furniture is best and let me tell you, most metallic spray paint has amazing coverage and durability.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convince to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
Here are a few recommendations from Amazon.
Spray Painting Metal Furniture Tips
- Dust off the piece with a damp cloth and let dry.
- Use a drop cloth and paint in a well ventilated area (like outside!).
- Always read the directions on the spray can.
- Spray long and even strokes with the spray can holding it about 8-12 inches away. A couple of light coats are better than full coverage all at once to prevent drips.
- Sand drips and touch up if necessary.
- Let dry. Wait a few days for the paint to fully cure before placing anything on it if its a surface that gets used a lot.
I styled the side table with one of my snake plants for now. I might replace it with a faux one in case it gets played with. 😉 We found this funny plastic hand at a Japanese thrift store that might get dolled up for the reveal.
There are many handmade items in my daughter’s room like a DIY Japanese-inspired pencil holder with supplies from the dollar store I created for The Global Styler a while back.
All three of the pillows in this story are handmade. The floral pillow was made from a piece of vintage Japanese fabric by my best friend.
We are still waiting on some key elements for the space plus one more DIY before the reveal. Hopefully, I can share that next week.
One more item checked off the list this week! Scroll down to see everyone’s progress. It’s so much fun to watch all the spaces transform.
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
GLOBAL BOHEMIAN CHIC BEDROOM PLANS!
Rearrange the furniture placing the bed centered on the right wall. Repurpose the reading nook. Possible doll house area? Paint the bedside table gold.
- Paint and recover storage cube ottoman.
Address window treatments. (Cover the ill-placed curtain rod?) Make sure new window coverings can move to a different house.Was able to reuse existing curtains. Wahoo!
- New bedding cohesive with the colors and design of the space.
Casa Watkins Living // A Designer At Home // Seeking Lavender Lane // Domicile 37 // Iris Nacole // Pocketful of Posies // Monica Wants It // Up To Date Interiors // This Is Our Bliss // Vintage Romance Style
- See a Colorful Spring Home Tour with Maximalist Interiors and Easy Decorating TipsAre you drawn to maximalist interiors? Find simple decorating tips for creating a colorful room without looking cluttered this Spring. It’s much fun to see so many maximalist, cottage-core, granny-chic, and grand-millennial style words and interiors floating around the internet these days. What these words describe has been my decorating aesthetic for years, especially now…
- How to Create Beautiful Spring Vignettes and a Colorful Home TourSee how to create beautiful Spring vignettes with colorful and eclectic finds in this fun home tour featuring a maximalist style. Changing up decor for the season doesn’t have to be a chore! Have fun and play with what you already have. Find inspiration in over 20 home tours and style your own Spring vignettes….
- How to Style a Dresser with Five Beautiful IdeasLearn how to style a dresser with tall dresser decor ideas and tips for long dressers, odd windows, and wall-mounted TVs. Dressers and tall chests can be tricky to decorate. Here are some lovely examples that showcase pretty vignettes with various styles. Scroll down for tips for creating a perfectly styled dresser. Five Beautiful Dresser…
- Beautiful Styled Bookshelves – Three Creative Ideas to TryBe inspired by three easy methods for beautifully styled bookshelves and follow along the step-by-step process to recreate the look. Take the guesswork out of perfectly styled bookshelves. Well hi there! What a day I had yesterday. It started with a Core Barre Class (which was my first time and totally kicked my rear) and…
- Give Your Glass Kitchen Canisters a Makeover with this Easy DIYTry an easy kitchen canister makeover with a simple DIY to give glass jars a stylish update with copper lids and chalkboard labels. Looking for ways to spruce up the kitchen on a budget? I’m excited to share a glass canister DIY that is perfect for displaying out on the kitchen counter or shelf. Glass…