Add global chic style to your space with a quick furniture update using spray paint! It’s fast, easy, cheap, and you get an instant transformation.
Welcome to week 3 of the New Year New Room Refresh hosted by Casa Watkins Living. 10 of us bloggers (plus some linking up) are giving a room a refresh this month and sharing updates every Tuesday. There’s been slow progress due to waiting on products being shipped but I’m happy to share an easy furniture update in my daughter’s room. But first, if you’ve missed the first two weeks, I shared inspiration for a global bohemian girls bedroom and how to prep for a room makeover.
Global Chic Furniture Update
The New Year New Room Refresh Updates
Okay. Can we talk the power of spray paint? It’s been a while since I’ve given a piece of furniture or decor a quick update. It’s so easy and you get instant gratification. So much fun! Warning, if you have yet to dive into the world of spray paint, it’s addicting. You’ll soon be transforming everything in your house.
For my daughter’s global chic boho room makeover, I’m saving money by giving her older pieces a face lift. We bought this IKEA table for her nursery before she was even born and it still gets lots of use. To bring it into 2018 and give the room more eclectic appeal, I chose gold for this quicky DIY.
Tips for using spray paint on metal, wood, or particle board for a furniture update.
- Dust off the piece with a damp cloth and let dry.
- Use long and even strokes with the spray can holding it about 8-12 inches away. A couple of light coats are better than full coverage all at once to prevent drips.
- Let dry. If it’s a surface that gets used. Wait a week or two for the paint to fully cure before placing anything on it. For now I styled the side table with one of my snake plants. I might replace it with a faux one in case it gets played with. 😉 We found this funny plastic hand at a Japanese thrift store. It might get dolled up for the reveal. I made a DIY Japanese inspired pencil holder with supplies from the dollar store for The Global Styler awhile back. And all three of the pillows in this post are handmade. The floral is a vintage Japanese fabric from my friend Viola Grace Designs. A gorgeous mud-cloth pillow also from my friend (she spoils me!). It’s sitting with my DIY winter fur pillow for now. I’m loving the pair with the cozamia print. We are still waiting on some key elements for the space plus one more DIY before the reveal. Hopefully I can share that next week.
One more item checked off the list this week! Scroll down to see everyone’s progress. It’s so much fun to watch all the spaces transform.
GLOBAL BOHEMIAN CHIC BEDROOM PLANS!
Rearrange the furniture placing the bed centered on the right wall. Repurpose the reading nook. Possible doll house area? Paint the bedside table gold.
- Paint and recover storage cube ottoman.
Address window treatments. (Cover the ill-placed curtain rod?) Make sure new window coverings can move to a different house.Was able to reuse existing curtains. Wahoo!
- New bedding cohesive with the colors and design of the space.
Casa Watkins Living // A Designer At Home // Seeking Lavender Lane // Domicile 37 // Iris Nacole // Pocketful of Posies // Monica Wants It // Up To Date Interiors // This Is Our Bliss // Vintage Romance Style