See a Colorful Eclectic Home Dramatic Before and Afters
Check out how I turned our single-story ranch-style home into a colorful beautiful haven with before and after pictures of our eclectic interiors.
Next month will mark a two year anniversary in our new home. Lots of paint, wallpaper, DIY builds, and thrifted and new furniture went into making a single-story ranch style house from the 60’s into a colorful eclectic home. Welcome friend! Come on in.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
A Colorful Eclectic Home Tour
The previous owners opened up the inside to create an open-layout for the living-dining and kitchen. Here are some pics I snapped after closing.
And here is how our open living area has evolved. This space includes our entryway, piano studio, and living room. Last Spring’s One Room Challenge (2019) was my first huge jump into DIYs and design in this house and recently I gave the entire space a coat of fresh white paint.
Resources for the Open Concept Living and Dining Eclectic Interiors
- How to do a faux German smear for under $10
- Cabinet makeover with peel and stick wallpaper and paint
- Update your mirror frames with gold paint without having to remove the glass.
- Open concept eclectic glam makeover
Attached to the living room was a dark small square room that had no windows. The listing suggested using it as a den, dining room, or playroom.
This year’s New Year New Room Refresh I turned the “dark box” into a bright and colorful office that doubles as a parlor and guest room. It seriously could have not happened at a better time. My daughter and I love using the space for “girls nights” and tea parties when I’m not working.
Resources for the Office Makeover
- How to decorate a windowless office
- How to install cove moulding the easy way
- Before and after VELUX Sun Tunnel
- How to add trim to curtains in minutes
- The best paint for cabinets without having to sand or prime
The small dining space between the living room and kitchen is still a work in process. I plan on completing it in the next two months but it already looks so much better than it did last year with the help of Sherwin Williams Alabaster, new dining chairs, and cabinet.
Now on to the bedrooms! We’ll start with my daughter’s room which was actually the first major room transformation I completed just four months after moving in.
All three bedrooms in the house are small but this one is the smallest. I made the most of the space with a maximalist vibe and neat and tidy decor and storage for the 2019 New Year New Room Refresh. These month-long room challenges are great for getting your rear in gear to finish a space!
Resources for a Boho Vintage Girl’s Room
- How to use bird wallpaper in a girl’s room
- Transform your IKEA Kallax into a beautiful piece of furniture
- A mint and gold dresser makeover
Our son’s room is a tad bigger and is the only room that I decided to keep the wall paint color and apart from the office as the most natural light.
The teen’s room doubles as the gaming room and has just enough space for a mini hang out area.
Teen Boy’s Bedroom Resources
The next eclectic interiors are our master bedroom with a small ensuite bathroom. It was completed a couple of months ago for this year’s Spring One Room Challenge.
I wanted it to change from builder grade to a Parisian chic style with a peek into a “jewelry box” bathroom. All of my design choices in our home reflect the lack of natural light and help make the dark spaces look bigger and brighter.
Small Master Bedroom and Bathroom Resources
- How to install pre-pasted wallpaper all by yourself
- Make a no-sew bed skirt with fringe
- The easy way to create custom curtains without sewing
- How to decorate your bedroom in a Parisian chic style
The last space is our outdoor patio and garden. The backyard was such a blessing during the stay at home orders and the previous owners did a beautiful job with the garden. All I had to do was set up an eclectic outdoor living and dining space!
Related posts for the patio:
Some of my favorite stores to help transform our house have been Velvet Finishes paint, Smith Honig home decor, Milton and King wallpaper, Amazon Home, and FB Marketplace.
The last two rooms that haven’t been touched yet are the kids-guest hall bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen in our 1900 sq ft house.
After moving frequently with the military it is wonderful to not feel rushed into transforming our home. Although in a strange twist of fate, we might be moving next summer depending on what grad school my husband gets accepted into. This will also play into how much more I do to the house. But in the meantime, it is sure is fun to see how far it’s come!
Please feel free to comment or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions about anything in our home!
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I…
- Try a Beautiful and Easy DIY Moss Wreath for SpringLearn how to make a DIY moss wreath with blossoms on a grapevine wreath form for a simple and beautiful Spring wreath! You are in the right place friend if you…
- How to Make an Elegant Spring Basket Wreath with Repurposed ItemsCreate an elegant basket wreath by repurposing baskets and faux floral stems you already have. Step by step instructions and video included. I’m so giddy about today’s basket wreath. Threshing baskets…
- Simple Tips for Decorating with Fake Flowers for SpringAdd a splash of seasonal decor to your home by decorating with fake flowers that look real and you can use them year after year! Artificial flowers have come a long…
- A Simple Formula for Mixing Metals in the Bathroom BeautifullyRules are made to be broken! Get creative with decorating by following easy tips for mixing metals in the bathroom tastefully. You may be wondering if you can mix metals in…
I always love to see photos of your home! Eclectic homes are my favorite because the decor is unique and interesting. Pinned tons of images 🙂
You are too kind Lora. Thanks so much!