Check out how I turned our single-story ranch-style home into a colorful beautiful haven with before and after pictures of our eclectic interiors.
Next month will mark a two year anniversary in our new home. Lots of paint, wallpaper, DIY builds, and thrifted and new furniture went into making a single-story ranch style house from the 60’s into a colorful eclectic home. Welcome friend! Come on in.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
A Colorful Eclectic Home Tour
The previous owners opened up the inside to create an open-layout for the living-dining and kitchen. Here are some pics I snapped after closing.
And here is how our open living area has evolved. This space includes our entryway, piano studio, and living room. Last Spring’s One Room Challenge (2019) was my first huge jump into DIYs and design in this house and recently I gave the entire space a coat of fresh white paint.
Resources for the Open Concept Living and Dining Eclectic Interiors
- How to do a faux German smear for under $10
- Cabinet makeover with peel and stick wallpaper and paint
- Update your mirror frames with gold paint without having to remove the glass.
- Open concept eclectic glam makeover
Attached to the living room was a dark small square room that had no windows. The listing suggested using it as a den, dining room, or playroom.
This year’s New Year New Room Refresh I turned the “dark box” into a bright and colorful office that doubles as a parlor and guest room. It seriously could have not happened at a better time. My daughter and I love using the space for “girls nights” and tea parties when I’m not working.
Resources for the Office Makeover
- How to decorate a windowless office
- How to install cove moulding the easy way
- Before and after VELUX Sun Tunnel
- How to add trim to curtains in minutes
- The best paint for cabinets without having to sand or prime
The small dining space between the living room and kitchen is still a work in process. I plan on completing it in the next two months but it already looks so much better than it did last year with the help of Sherwin Williams Alabaster, new dining chairs, and cabinet.
Now on to the bedrooms! We’ll start with my daughter’s room which was actually the first major room transformation I completed just four months after moving in.
All three bedrooms in the house are small but this one is the smallest. I made the most of the space with a maximalist vibe and neat and tidy decor and storage for the 2019 New Year New Room Refresh. These month-long room challenges are great for getting your rear in gear to finish a space!
Resources for a Boho Vintage Girl’s Room
- How to use bird wallpaper in a girl’s room
- Transform your IKEA Kallax into a beautiful piece of furniture
- A mint and gold dresser makeover
Our son’s room is a tad bigger and is the only room that I decided to keep the wall paint color and apart from the office as the most natural light.
The teen’s room doubles as the gaming room and has just enough space for a mini hang out area.
Teen Boy’s Bedroom Resources
The next eclectic interiors are our master bedroom with a small ensuite bathroom. It was completed a couple of months ago for this year’s Spring One Room Challenge.
I wanted it to change from builder grade to a Parisian chic style with a peek into a “jewelry box” bathroom. All of my design choices in our home reflect the lack of natural light and help make the dark spaces look bigger and brighter.
Small Master Bedroom and Bathroom Resources
- How to install pre-pasted wallpaper all by yourself
- Make a no-sew bed skirt with fringe
- The easy way to create custom curtains without sewing
- How to decorate your bedroom in a Parisian chic style
The last space is our outdoor patio and garden. The backyard was such a blessing during the stay at home orders and the previous owners did a beautiful job with the garden. All I had to do was set up an eclectic outdoor living and dining space!
Related posts for the patio:
The last two rooms that haven’t been touched yet are the kids-guest hall bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen in our 1900 sq ft house.
After moving frequently with the military it is wonderful to not feel rushed into transforming our home. Although in a strange twist of fate, we might be moving next summer depending on what grad school my husband gets accepted into. This will also play into how much more I do to the house. But in the meantime, it is sure is fun to see how far it’s come!
Please feel free to comment or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions about anything in our home!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. I’m … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and only … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only a … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting