Create a beautiful boho tablescape with an easy grocery store flower arrangement and succulent accents from the dollar store.
Spending lots of time and money on gorgeous tablescapes is for the birds! Follow these easy tips to create a beautiful boho tablescape that you can enjoy anytime.
An Easy Boho Tablescape
Well hello there! Spring is officially here (whether it’s warmer or not) and I’m happy to be sharing an eclectic spring tablescape with you today. You might remember the last tablescape blog hop hosted by Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate and I was really excited she asked us to share again!
If you are new here, a special hello. Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love if you would leave me a comment so I can “meet” you! You can find loads of rental friendly DIYs and decorating tips in eclectic global style posted weekly here. If you are looking for some extra help with decorating, sign up for a free 5-day email course or check out e-design services.
I’ve been dreaming about the day I could share a beautiful tablescape in an actual dining room! Our tatami room might not be a traditional space (unless you live in Japan) but we’ve been enjoying having a separate room to spend our meals together.
Here’s how to get the chic-boho look for your next table setting:
Break up sets and types of plates by mixing colors and patterns.
The table settings are made up of white IKEA plates with bamboo salad plates (from Japan) and thrifted cabbage leaf plates. The trio sits on top of a woven charger and is topped with a faux succulent from the dollar store.
Layer your table textiles (runners, tablecloths, and placemats) with globally influenced prints.
When we were living in Okinawa I picked up a pretty silk pink table runner which I layered on top of an IKEA white lace curtain panel. You can achieve a similar look with scarves or a pretty craft or wrapping paper.
Add interest with more than one centerpiece.
Wrap grocery-store flowers in cabbage or other leafy vegetables for a pretty arrangement. Nothing is easier or cheaper than shopping your house for more fun details but if you can’t find anything, head to the dollar store for faux stems and succulents.
The colored Okinawan glass tumblers and thrifted gold bamboo flatware add more global interest and fun pops of color. Bonus, all the pretty pinks and reds tie into our Wes Anderson inspired bookcase.
Quirky is okay!
Strawberries garnished with faux succulents might be a little strange but they sure look pretty!
So just by breaking up sets and layering dishes and textiles you have the start to a gorgeous eclectic table! Embellish with plants or other decor from around the house to add global style.
Thanks so much for being here today. Head over to my friends’ blogs to see more ideas! You can find the line up below.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Make a Beautiful DIY Cane Cabinet in 2 Easy StepsTransform a storage piece into a beautiful cane cabinet with this easy DIY using thrifted or IKEA furniture and web caning. Sometimes it is fun to go with a trend … Read More about Make a Beautiful DIY Cane Cabinet in 2 Easy Steps
- 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to SeeGet ready for cooler temps and outside activities with these beautiful modern outdoor fire pits ideas for your outdoor space. I’m making sure we have multiple places to hang out … Read More about 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to See
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board