Create a beautiful boho tablescape with an easy grocery store flower arrangement and succulent accents from the dollar store.
Spending lots of time and money on gorgeous tablescapes is for the birds! Follow these easy tips to create a beautiful boho tablescape that you can enjoy anytime.
An Easy Boho Tablescape
Well hello there! Spring is officially here (whether it’s warmer or not) and I’m happy to be sharing an eclectic spring tablescape with you today. You might remember the last tablescape blog hop hosted by Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate and I was really excited she asked us to share again!
If you are new here, a special hello. Thanks so much for stopping by! I would love if you would leave me a comment so I can “meet” you! You can find loads of rental friendly DIYs and decorating tips in eclectic global style posted weekly here. If you are looking for some extra help with decorating, sign up for a free 5-day email course or check out e-design services.
I’ve been dreaming about the day I could share a beautiful tablescape in an actual dining room! Our tatami room might not be a traditional space (unless you live in Japan) but we’ve been enjoying having a separate room to spend our meals together.
Here’s how to get the chic-boho look for your next table setting:
Break up sets and types of plates by mixing colors and patterns.
The table settings are made up of white IKEA plates with bamboo salad plates (from Japan) and thrifted cabbage leaf plates. The trio sits on top of a woven charger and is topped with a faux succulent from the dollar store.
Layer your table textiles (runners, tablecloths, and placemats) with globally influenced prints.
When we were living in Okinawa I picked up a pretty silk pink table runner which I layered on top of an IKEA white lace curtain panel. You can achieve a similar look with scarves or a pretty craft or wrapping paper.
Add interest with more than one centerpiece.
Wrap grocery-store flowers in cabbage or other leafy vegetables for a pretty arrangement. Nothing is easier or cheaper than shopping your house for more fun details but if you can’t find anything, head to the dollar store for faux stems and succulents.
The colored Okinawan glass tumblers and thrifted gold bamboo flatware add more global interest and fun pops of color. Bonus, all the pretty pinks and reds tie into our Wes Anderson inspired bookcase.
Quirky is okay!
Strawberries garnished with faux succulents might be a little strange but they sure look pretty!
So just by breaking up sets and layering dishes and textiles you have the start to a gorgeous eclectic table! Embellish with plants or other decor from around the house to add global style.
Thanks so much for being here today. Head over to my friends’ blogs to see more ideas! You can find the line up below.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes