Create an elegant basket wreath by repurposing baskets and faux floral stems you already have. Step by step instructions and video included.
I’m so giddy about today’s basket wreath. Threshing baskets are so easy to come by and you probably have one or two around the house. With a little creative imagination, you can transform them into a beautiful elegant wreath for your front door decor. Let me show you how easy it is.
Well hi there and welcome to day four of A Very Global Easter Series! The days and DIYs are flying by but there are still a couple of new Easter projects left before the series is complete. Today Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing how to make globally inspired Easter/Spring wreaths.
Create an Elegant Basket Wreath for Your Front Door
Yesterday I told you all of my Easter DIYs this year were inspired by some pretty candlesticks in moody hues. But I would also like to add, all of the materials for the DIYs were repurposed items I already had so I haven’t spent a penny this week!
What you need for a Spring wreath
- A flat bottom basket like a threshing basket, woven tray, shallow wicker basket, or decorative wall basket
- Leftover floral stems in the same color family (think all cool or warm colors)
- Greenery like succulents, air plants, and leaves
- Florist wire
- Hot glue and hot glue sticks
- Wire cutters or scissors
My baskets were already painted for a renter-friendly DIY wall decor idea when we lived in Japan but if you want to paint yours, just add water to acrylic paint to create a “wash” and brush it on. Let it dry completely before beginning.
How to put together an elegant and eclectic floral wreath with threshing baskets
- Create a lovely Spring floral arrangement in your hanging basket starting with one long floral or greenery stems to fit in the curve or edge of the basket in a crescent shape and secure it in place with hot glue.
- Add in little pieces of floral with hot glue until it’s as full as you like and the initial stem is mostly covered.
- Lastly, add smaller embellishments if you have them. Succulents and a little bird make for fun textural elements. So would berries, pinecones, seashells, and other outdoor finds!
- Thread wire through the back to hang.
I’ve been good about recording video tutorials this week so watch me in action as I put this wreath together in minutes.
I’m super happy with how it turned out and it’s perfect for Spring/Summer decorating! If you are wondering, I used Scotch clear mounting strips to hold the two baskets together securely and threaded the wire through the back of the larger basket for a hanger.
I just love unique wreath ideas and this one fits the bill! The details are so pretty in this modern basket wreath. All of the floral pieces were repurposed from previous flower arrangements and dollar store projects.
I’ve thought about changing our door color but I love how this Spring basket wreath pops hanging on it! It sure adds a lot of character to our home.
This would work for our summer door wreath too! The colors are glorious and don’t they remind you of a warm summer sunset? 🙂
Stephanie also used a threshing basket for her Gypsy Boho Spring Basket Wreath. We are two peas in a pod I tell ya!
Do you have any extra baskets in your home decor stash? Will you try one of these floral wreath ideas? Check out my friend’s beautiful hanging basket wreath if that’s the type of basket you want to work with!
If you’ve missed any of the other posts from this series, you can find them at A Very Global Easter Page.
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
You might also enjoy these Spring related posts:
- Crafting Feathered Friends: A Step-by-Step Guide to DIY Paper Mache BirdsLearn how to make paper mache birds with supplies you already have using this easy DIY and step by step instructions for handmade modern decor.“ Birds of a feather stick … Read more
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hey there fellow decorator! If you are anything like … Read more
- Learn How to Make Beautiful Washi Paper Eggs with DecoupageMake these gorgeous DIY decoupage easter eggs with plastic eggs from the dollar store and washi or origami paper in a few simple steps. Spring is in the air and … Read more
- Give Your Home a Spring Refresh with Things You Already HaveLearn how to refresh your home for Spring with 10 creative decorating ideas using things you already have. What’s your favorite part of spring? Birds singing, bulbs pushing up through … Read more
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read more