Create an elegant basket wreath by repurposing baskets and faux floral stems you already have. Step by step instructions and video included.
I’m so giddy about today’s basket wreath. Threshing baskets are so easy to come by and you probably have one or two around the house. With a little creative imagination, you can transform them into a beautiful elegant wreath for your front door. Let me show you how easy it is.
Well hi there and welcome to day four of A Very Global Easter Series! The days and DIYs are flying by but there are still a couple of new Easter projects left before the series is complete. Today Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing how to make globally inspired Easter/Spring wreaths.
Create an Elegant Basket Wreath for Spring
Yesterday I told you all of my Easter DIYs this year were inspired by some pretty candlesticks in moody hues. But I would also like to add, all of the materials for the DIYs were repurposed items I already had so I haven’t spent a penny this week!
What you need for a basket wreath:
- A flat bottom basket like a threshing basket or woven tray
- Leftover floral stems in the same color family (think all cool or warm colors)
- Hot glue
- Wire cutters or scissors
My baskets were already painted for a renter-friendly DIY wall decor idea when we lived in Japan but if you want to paint yours, just add water to acrylic paint to create a “wash” and brush it on. Let it dry completely before beginning.
How to put together an elegant and eclectic wreath:
- Use a long stem to fit in the curve or edge of the basket and secure in place with hot glue.
- Add in little pieces of floral with hot glue until it’s as full as you like.
- If you have them, succulents and a little bird make for fun elements. So would berries, pinecones, seashells, and other outdoor finds!
I’ve been good about recording video tutorials this week so watch me in action as I put this wreath together in minutes.
I’m super happy with how it turned out. If you are wondering, I used Scotch clear mounting strips to hold the two baskets together securely and threaded the wire through the back of the larger basket for a hanger.
The details are so pretty in this modern basket wreath. All of the floral pieces were repurposed from previous flower arrangements and dollar store projects.
I’ve thought about changing our door color but I love how this Spring basket wreath pops against it!
It might have to stay up all summer too. The colors are glorious and don’t they remind you of a warm summer sunset? 🙂
Stephanie also used a threshing basket for her Gypsy Boho Spring Basket Wreath. We are two peas in a pod I tell ya!
If you’ve missed any of the other posts from this series, you can find them at A Very Global Easter Page.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might also enjoy these Spring related posts:
- Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You MoneyNow it’s more important than ever to have a clean house! Use these five simple ways to save money and reduce waste when cleaning. A big thanks to Infuse for … Read More about Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You Money
- Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day GiftsLooking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic custom Mother’s Day gift ideas with supplies from around your house. With Mother’s Day just around the … Read More about Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It … Read More about Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually Beautiful
- How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free PrintablesUpdate your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor. Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- You’ll Love This Beautiful and Colorful Boho TablescapeCreate a beautiful boho tablescape with an easy grocery store flower arrangement and succulent accents from the dollar store. Spending lots of time and money on gorgeous tablescapes is for … Read More about You’ll Love This Beautiful and Colorful Boho Tablescape