Create an elegant basket wreath by repurposing baskets and faux floral stems you already have. Step by step instructions and video included.
I’m so giddy about today’s basket wreath. Threshing baskets are so easy to come by and you probably have one or two around the house. With a little creative imagination, you can transform them into a beautiful elegant wreath for your front door. Let me show you how easy it is.
Well hi there and welcome to day four of A Very Global Easter Series! The days and DIYs are flying by but there are still a couple of new Easter projects left before the series is complete. Today Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing how to make globally inspired Easter/Spring wreaths.
Create an Elegant Basket Wreath for Spring
Yesterday I told you all of my Easter DIYs this year were inspired by some pretty candlesticks in moody hues. But I would also like to add, all of the materials for the DIYs were repurposed items I already had so I haven’t spent a penny this week!
What you need for a basket wreath:
- A flat bottom basket like a threshing basket or woven tray
- Leftover floral stems in the same color family (think all cool or warm colors)
- Hot glue
- Wire cutters or scissors
My baskets were already painted for a renter-friendly DIY wall decor idea when we lived in Japan but if you want to paint yours, just add water to acrylic paint to create a “wash” and brush it on. Let it dry completely before beginning.
How to put together an elegant and eclectic wreath:
- Use a long stem to fit in the curve or edge of the basket and secure in place with hot glue.
- Add in little pieces of floral with hot glue until it’s as full as you like.
- If you have them, succulents and a little bird make for fun elements. So would berries, pinecones, seashells, and other outdoor finds!
I’ve been good about recording video tutorials this week so watch me in action as I put this wreath together in minutes.
I’m super happy with how it turned out. If you are wondering, I used Scotch clear mounting strips to hold the two baskets together securely and threaded the wire through the back of the larger basket for a hanger.
The details are so pretty in this modern basket wreath. All of the floral pieces were repurposed from previous flower arrangements and dollar store projects.
I’ve thought about changing our door color but I love how this Spring basket wreath pops against it!
It might have to stay up all summer too. The colors are glorious and don’t they remind you of a warm summer sunset? 🙂
Stephanie also used a threshing basket for her Gypsy Boho Spring Basket Wreath. We are two peas in a pod I tell ya!
If you’ve missed any of the other posts from this series, you can find them at A Very Global Easter Page.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might also enjoy these Spring related posts:
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting