Dress up your front door for spring with a beautiful DIY embroidery hoop wreath using artificial flowers in two easy steps.
It’s almost spring which means I daily look into my craft closet to see what treasures I can turn into something useful for the season! This time I grab half an embroidery hoop and two faux orchid stems that have been hiding in the back for years.
DIY Orchid Embroidery Hoop Wreath
Welcome to A Very Global Easter Series Day Four. I teamed up with my dear friend Casa Watkins Living to bring you seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. Today we are sharing creative wreath ideas.
*This post is sponsored and contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to put together a stunning DIY floral hoop wreath:
- Clip off the orchid flower heads from the stems.
- Hot glue each one alternating between the inside and outside of your hoop. Start at the bracket if you are using the outside hoop to make sure it’s hidden.
* Tip: First layout the flowers around your hoop evenly to see how far apart they need to be for consistent coverage. But don’t fret, they are really easy to pull off and reglue if you need better placement.
- Adorn with a beautiful large tassel for an extra global detail! I borrowed my green one from my office makeover.
Hang inside or out. I love how it looks just inside our home and also the contrast against the black front door.
I would also hang it on the mirror in the foyer. It looks so pretty with the stenciled walls and the green tassel matches my pathos plant. Both the plant and bamboo trellis were from my grandmother’s funeral six years ago.
But for now, it is greeting our guests as they come up to the door. I’m so glad to have those orchids out of the closet!! I originally bought the stems from IKEA 10 years ago for my daughter’s nursery. They looked so real that I never could get rid of them.
Don’t you love a quick seasonal DIY that doesn’t require a lot of supplies? And DIY hoop wreaths are always so pretty and modern. I don’t think the trend is going away anytime soon.
Let’s go see how Stephanie created this beautiful Painted Easter Egg Wreath.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You’ll also enjoy these posts!
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle