Dress up your front door for spring with a beautiful DIY embroidery hoop wreath using artificial flowers in two easy steps.
It’s almost spring which means I daily look into my craft closet to see what treasures I can turn into something useful for the season! This time I grab half an embroidery hoop and two faux orchid stems that have been hiding in the back for years.
DIY Orchid Embroidery Hoop Wreath
Welcome to A Very Global Easter Series Day Four. I teamed up with my dear friend Casa Watkins Living to bring you seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. Today we are sharing creative wreath ideas.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
How to put together a stunning DIY floral hoop wreath:
- Clip off the orchid flower heads from the stems.
- Hot glue each one alternating between the inside and outside of your hoop. Start at the bracket if you are using the outside hoop to make sure it’s hidden.
* Tip: First layout the flowers around your hoop evenly to see how far apart they need to be for consistent coverage. But don’t fret, they are really easy to pull off and reglue if you need better placement.
- Adorn with a beautiful large tassel for an extra global detail! I borrowed my green one from my office makeover.
Hang inside or out. I love how it looks just inside our home and also the contrast against the black front door.
I would also hang it on the mirror in the foyer. It looks so pretty with the stenciled walls and the green tassel matches my pathos plant. Both the plant and bamboo trellis were from my grandmother’s funeral six years ago.
But for now, it is greeting our guests as they come up to the door. I’m so glad to have those orchids out of the closet!! I originally bought the stems from IKEA 10 years ago for my daughter’s nursery. They looked so real that I never could get rid of them.
Don’t you love a quick seasonal DIY that doesn’t require a lot of supplies? And DIY hoop wreaths are always so pretty and modern. I don’t think the trend is going away anytime soon.
Let’s go see how Stephanie created this beautiful Painted Easter Egg Wreath.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You’ll also enjoy these posts!
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes