Dress up your front door for spring with a beautiful DIY embroidery hoop wreath using artificial flowers in two easy steps.
It’s almost spring which means I daily look into my craft closet to see what treasures I can turn into something useful for the season! This time I grab half an embroidery hoop and two faux orchid stems that have been hiding in the back for years.
DIY Orchid Embroidery Hoop Wreath
Welcome to A Very Global Easter Series Day Four. I teamed up with my dear friend Casa Watkins Living to bring you seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. Today we are sharing creative wreath ideas.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
How to put together a stunning DIY floral hoop wreath:
- Clip off the orchid flower heads from the stems.
- Hot glue each one alternating between the inside and outside of your hoop. Start at the bracket if you are using the outside hoop to make sure it’s hidden.
* Tip: First layout the flowers around your hoop evenly to see how far apart they need to be for consistent coverage. But don’t fret, they are really easy to pull off and reglue if you need better placement.
- Adorn with a beautiful large tassel for an extra global detail! I borrowed my green one from my office makeover.
Hang inside or out. I love how it looks just inside our home and also the contrast against the black front door.
I would also hang it on the mirror in the foyer. It looks so pretty with the stenciled walls and the green tassel matches my pathos plant. Both the plant and bamboo trellis were from my grandmother’s funeral six years ago.
But for now, it is greeting our guests as they come up to the door. I’m so glad to have those orchids out of the closet!! I originally bought the stems from IKEA 10 years ago for my daughter’s nursery. They looked so real that I never could get rid of them.
Don’t you love a quick seasonal DIY that doesn’t require a lot of supplies? And DIY hoop wreaths are always so pretty and modern. I don’t think the trend is going away anytime soon.
Let’s go see how Stephanie created this beautiful Painted Easter Egg Wreath.
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
You’ll also enjoy these posts!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern,…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do…