Dress up your front door for spring with a beautiful DIY embroidery hoop wreath using artificial flowers in two easy steps.
It’s almost spring which means I daily look into my craft closet to see what treasures I can turn into something useful for the season! This time I grab half an embroidery hoop and two faux orchid stems that have been hiding in the back for years.
DIY Orchid Embroidery Hoop Wreath
Welcome to A Very Global Easter Series Day Four. I teamed up with my dear friend Casa Watkins Living to bring you seven days of globally inspired Easter DIYs, decorating tips, and printables. Today we are sharing creative wreath ideas.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
How to put together a stunning DIY floral hoop wreath:
- Clip off the orchid flower heads from the stems.
- Hot glue each one alternating between the inside and outside of your hoop. Start at the bracket if you are using the outside hoop to make sure it’s hidden.
* Tip: First layout the flowers around your hoop evenly to see how far apart they need to be for consistent coverage. But don’t fret, they are really easy to pull off and reglue if you need better placement.
- Adorn with a beautiful large tassel for an extra global detail! I borrowed my green one from my office makeover.
Hang inside or out. I love how it looks just inside our home and also the contrast against the black front door.
I would also hang it on the mirror in the foyer. It looks so pretty with the stenciled walls and the green tassel matches my pathos plant. Both the plant and bamboo trellis were from my grandmother’s funeral six years ago.
But for now, it is greeting our guests as they come up to the door. I’m so glad to have those orchids out of the closet!! I originally bought the stems from IKEA 10 years ago for my daughter’s nursery. They looked so real that I never could get rid of them.
Don’t you love a quick seasonal DIY that doesn’t require a lot of supplies? And DIY hoop wreaths are always so pretty and modern. I don’t think the trend is going away anytime soon.
Let’s go see how Stephanie created this beautiful Painted Easter Egg Wreath.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You’ll also enjoy these posts!
- DIY a German Smear Mortar Wash for Under $10Try this easy and inexpensive DIY tutorial to achieve a german schmear mortar wash on a stone or brick fireplace for just a few dollars! Welcome back to the One…
- Organic Modern Living Room Reveal and How to Replicate the Key ElementsCheck out how our organic modern living room makeover, learn what the style is, and see how to create the look in your home. This post contains sponsored and affiliate…
- An Easy DIY Textured Paint Vase and Planter Makeover IdeaGive your ceramic vases and planters an easy makeover with DIY textured paint to make them look like pottery! I’m in the middle of giving my living room a modern…
- Try this Easy and Modern Fireplace Facelift for a Floating MantelCheck out this before-and-after fireplace facelift for a floating mantel to give it a beautiful modern makeover on a budget. Are you looking for a way to beautify your floating…
- 10 Original Free Printable Chanel Wall ArtAdd a little inspiration to your home and closet with 10 free printable Chanel wall art downloads in neutral, pink, and blue hues. Are you looking for free Chanel wall…