Join thousands of subscribers and sign up for a free summer printable. Add instant seasonal decor in your home plus ideas for decorating with monstera plants and leaves.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Have you picked up a new hobby during this crazy pandemic? I’ve been wanting to put my minor in art for use with digital art for a while. I finally signed up for classes and am learning how to use the Procreate app. It is so much! When Carrie from Lovely Etc. asked to share a summer printable I instantly decided to create an original piece just for you.
Summer Printable with Monstera Acrylic Art
The app is fun and simple to use after a couple of quick lessons. It is definitely different than painting with real paint and brushes. I love that you can “erase” paint and it includes a tool to help you create even lines that are perfect for unsteady hands or artists that drink too much coffee. I painted a still life of a jade bottle with two monstera leaf stems and added a fun summer quote.
The jade bottle was originally a liquor bottle I bought on a girl’s summer trip to Taiwan to bring back to my husband. We instantly gagged on the libation and dumped the remaining liquid. But I have gotten plenty of use out of the container which is why I snagged it in the first place. I hope you enjoy the printable.
Here’s the still life subject on our fireplace mantel from last year’s Spring home tour. Since then, I’ve applied a faux German smear to the brick and found a brass peacock fireplace cover that I adore. But this colorful vignette seems perfect for today’s post. Monstera leaves and plants are so much fun to decorate with.
I’ve also used the jade vase and the faux mantel in our seating corner by grandma’s portrait. The tropical leaves looked so pretty with the DIY gold painted mirrors.
I had a huge live monstera plant when we lived on the sub-tropical island of Okinawa, Japan. It grew four times its size in just a year. It’s funny how a plant can bring back memories. When I see the sculptural and tropical leaves I think of Okinawa.
I also found monstera leaves and other tropical stems at the dollar store when we lived in mainland Japan and created a colorful and tropical table setting. Not bad for $6 (or 600 yen).
I put together a round up of different decorating items with Monstera that I love. Just click on an image to see the product detail.
This printable was made just for you if you enjoy plants and flip flops! Are you looking forward to summer? Find more awesome printables below from my friends.
Free Printables: Colorful Art for Summer from Lovely Etc.
Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops from Up to Date Interiors
Set of 5 Summer Quote Printables from Twelve on Main
Watercolor Lavender Free Printable from Postcards from the Ridge
101 Summer Bucket List Ideas – FREE Printable from Charleston Crafted
There’s So Much Life To Live Summer Printable from What Meegan Makes
Wall Art Free Printable | 3 Colorful Designs For Summer from Sunny Side Design
Have fun getting your house ready for summer!!
- Beautiful and Colorful Shower Curtains for Every BudgetLooking for that wow factor in your bathroom? Check out these beautiful and colorful shower curtains that fit every budget. Don’t you love that instant gratification you get when you … Read More about Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.