Join thousands of subscribers and sign up for a free summer printable. Add instant seasonal decor in your home plus ideas for decorating with monstera plants and leaves.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
Have you picked up a new hobby during this crazy pandemic? I’ve been wanting to put my minor in art for use with digital art for a while. I finally signed up for classes and am learning how to use the Procreate app. It is so much! When Carrie from Lovely Etc. asked to share a summer printable I instantly decided to create an original piece just for you.
Summer Printable with Monstera Acrylic Art
The app is fun and simple to use after a couple of quick lessons. It is definitely different than painting with real paint and brushes. I love that you can “erase” paint and it includes a tool to help you create even lines that are perfect for unsteady hands or artists that drink too much coffee. I painted a still life of a jade bottle with two monstera leaf stems and added a fun summer quote.
The jade bottle was originally a liquor bottle I bought on a girl’s summer trip to Taiwan to bring back to my husband. We instantly gagged on the libation and dumped the remaining liquid. But I have gotten plenty of use out of the container which is why I snagged it in the first place. I hope you enjoy the printable.
Here’s the still life subject on our fireplace mantel from last year’s Spring home tour. Since then, I’ve applied a faux German smear to the brick and found a brass peacock fireplace cover that I adore. But this colorful vignette seems perfect for today’s post. Monstera leaves and plants are so much fun to decorate with.
I’ve also used the jade vase and the faux mantel in our seating corner by grandma’s portrait. The tropical leaves looked so pretty with the DIY gold painted mirrors.
I had a huge live monstera plant when we lived on the sub-tropical island of Okinawa, Japan. It grew four times its size in just a year. It’s funny how a plant can bring back memories. When I see the sculptural and tropical leaves I think of Okinawa.
I also found monstera leaves and other tropical stems at the dollar store when we lived in mainland Japan and created a colorful and tropical table setting. Not bad for $6 (or 600 yen).
I put together a round up of different decorating items with Monstera that I love. Just click on an image to see the product detail.
This printable was made just for you if you enjoy plants and flip flops! Are you looking forward to summer? Find more awesome printables below from my friends.
Free Printables: Colorful Art for Summer from Lovely Etc.
Free Summer Printable: Life is Better in Flip Flops from Up to Date Interiors
Set of 5 Summer Quote Printables from Twelve on Main
Watercolor Lavender Free Printable from Postcards from the Ridge
101 Summer Bucket List Ideas – FREE Printable from Charleston Crafted
There’s So Much Life To Live Summer Printable from What Meegan Makes
Wall Art Free Printable | 3 Colorful Designs For Summer from Sunny Side Design
Have fun getting your house ready for summer and make sure to check out my summer page full of DIYs, decorating tips, and printables for the season.
- An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall PaintSee how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update. *This is a sponsored … Read More about An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Making Over a Bathroom on a BudgetFind ideas for updating a bathroom on a budget with DIYs that you can do yourself and my One Room Challenge week 2 progress. *This is a sponsored post with … Read More about Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo EasilyFind easy decorating tips for how to divide a living room and dining room combo with floor, wall, and furniture ideas. *This post contains gifted products and affiliate links to … Read More about How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo Easily
- Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic BathroomSee how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge. *This post contains affiliate links … Read More about Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom
- Make a Beautiful DIY Cane Cabinet in 2 Easy StepsTransform a storage piece into a beautiful cane cabinet with this easy DIY using thrifted or IKEA furniture and web caning. Sometimes it is fun to go with a trend … Read More about Make a Beautiful DIY Cane Cabinet in 2 Easy Steps