Hello friends, I am traveling to TX today with my family for my Aunt’s memorial service. My sweet blogging friends are helping me out for the rest of the week so you will be treated to some guest posts. Today’s feature is from Cher at Designs by Studio C. Use Black Pipe to Create an Industrial Chic Decor Candleholder
Have you ever stopped to think about all of the cool accent pieces and furniture that can be constructed out of plain black pipe? This piece is the epitome of industrial chic decor – a candleholder well suited for an industrialized space! While it isn’t exactly a cheap project, it is ultra cool! Plus, the metal can also be painted to suit your decorating tastes.
- 4 – 3/8″ floor flanges
- 4 – 3-1/2″ long 3/8″ pipe nipples
- 6 – 3″ long 3/8″ pipe nipples
- 2 – 2-1/2″ long 3/8″ pipe nipples
- 2 – 1-1/2″ long 3/8″ pipe nipples
- 8 – 3/8″ 3-way couplers
- 4 – 3/8″ 90 degree elbows
- 2 – 3/8″ plugs
1. Start by connecting the four of the three-way connectors to the 3-1/2″ pipe nipples. Connect the floor flanges to the other end of these pieces.
2. Use a 3″ pipe nipples to connect two of the assemblies to each other, then insert a plug into one end of the three-way connector. You will have two sets.
3. Insert a 1-1/2″ pipe nipple into each end of a three-way connector, then connect the two assemblies.
4. Connect both of the 2-1/2″ pipe nipples to a three-way connector. Add a 3″ pipe nipple to the top of the connector.
5. Connect the two assemblies together, making one perpendicular to the other.
6. Add a three-way connector to the end of each 2-1/2″ pipe nipple.
7. Add a 3″ pipe nipple to each end of the three-way connectors. These will make the legs of the candleholder…
8. Add a 90 degree elbow to the end of each 3″ pipe nipple. These will create the feet…
9. The pipe can be spray painted or left as is. It is a good idea to wipe the entire candleholder down with mineral spirits to remove the oil from the pipe or your hands will look like mine!
Add the candles and display as desired!
Who would have thought that plain old back pipe from the hardware store could create an industrial chic candleholder? It may not be the cheapest project but it is certainly cool! Other sizes of pipe (1/2″, 3/4″ or even 1″) can be used to create a larger scale candleholder.
Stay tuned because I have more ideas for other hardware store projects!