Personalize your holiday gift wrap with handmade paper gift tags made from color cards and tassel-fringe for a French modern-bohemian touch.
Do you go for traditional holiday gift wrapping and gift bags? Give them a personal touch with handmade paper gift tags that you can make with leftover color card-stock or paint color sample cards.
Handmade Paper Gift Tags with Fringe
Today is all about DIY gift wrap and I’m excited to share how I used what I had to make super cute gift tags that go with a French, modern-bohemian style this year. Make sure to check out what Stephanie is sharing for her DIY gift wrap!
I was given a huge set of postcards with different Pantone colors and decided to use them for my handmade paper gift tags. They look so fabulous with black and white striped wrapping paper and gift boxes. Here’s how you can create the same thing.
What you need for paper gift tags with fringe:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- Card stock or other colorful paper – Chose different tints and shades in the same color for a dramatic punch of color to your gifts!
- Scissors and hole punch
- Craft glue
- Mini cotton fringe
- Black and white gift wrap
- Gold metallic pen
First, cut your color card stock to about business card size. Punch a hole in one end.
Cut as many pieces of tassel fringe as you have cards. I made 28 gift tags all at once.
Use craft glue to secure the fringe halfway to two-thirds down the color side of the gift tag to the opposite end of the hole. The firing should be flush with the tip of the gift tag. Let the glue dry completely before handling them.
Use a metallic gold pen and write the recipient’s initials on the color side and/or a message on the backside. Attach to your gift with a piece of ribbon.
I also added punches of pinks to my tree with DIY floral painted ornaments. They would be super cute threaded to the ribbon and gift tag too.
Did you spot my French-boho mini wreath ornaments from last year? They look great as gift toppers or on the tree!
Let’s head over to Casa Watkins Living!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you a happy … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I already have. … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. I’m so excited … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and only a few … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only a Spring blue … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting