Personalize your holiday gift wrap with handmade paper gift tags made from color cards and tassel-fringe for a French modern-bohemian touch.
Do you go for traditional holiday gift wrapping and gift bags? Give them a personal touch with handmade paper gift tags that you can make with leftover color card-stock or paint color sample cards.
Handmade Paper Gift Tags with Fringe
Today is all about DIY gift wrap and I’m excited to share how I used what I had to make super cute gift tags that go with a French, modern-bohemian style this year. Make sure to check out what Stephanie is sharing for her DIY gift wrap!
I was given a huge set of postcards with different Pantone colors and decided to use them for my handmade paper gift tags. They look so fabulous with black and white striped wrapping paper and gift boxes. Here’s how you can create the same thing.
What you need for paper gift tags with fringe:
Links in this post are Amazon affiliate links to products I love.
- Card stock or other colorful paper – Chose different tints and shades in the same color for a dramatic punch of color to your gifts!
- Scissors and hole punch
- Craft glue
- Mini cotton fringe
- Black and white gift wrap
- Gold metallic pen
First, cut your color card stock to about business card size. Punch a hole in one end.
Cut as many pieces of tassel fringe as you have cards. I made 28 gift tags all at once.
Use craft glue to secure the fringe halfway to two-thirds down the color side of the gift tag to the opposite end of the hole. The firing should be flush with the tip of the gift tag. Let the glue dry completely before handling them.
Use a metallic gold pen and write the recipient’s initials on the color side and/or a message on the backside. Attach to your gift with a piece of ribbon.
I also added punches of pinks to my tree with DIY floral painted ornaments. They would be super cute threaded to the ribbon and gift tag too.
Did you spot my French-boho mini wreath ornaments from last year? They look great as gift toppers or on the tree!
Let’s head over to Casa Watkins Living!
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. The month-long challenge … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where eight bloggers are … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s light at the … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day 12 of A … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden china recently and … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes