Update your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor.
Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how invigorating Spring weather with the prospect of cheery birds and fresh buds is? I’m participating in the Spring Fling Home Tours starting this week. Each day is featuring a different decorating style. Totally fun, right? Before we get to today’s bloggers I wanted to share this bright and cheery DIY Spring Moss Art with you. I love thinking of new ways to use floral and I really like the modern twist to this DIY art.
DIY Floral and Moss Art
Here’s what you need for this moss wall art DIY:
- An empty 8×10 picture frame. If you have one missing glass, that’s perfect!!
- Black cardstock or cardboard
- Faux moss (the dollar store is a good place to find this)
- Craft glue
- Your choice of a floral print (see below!)
Make a DIY Moss Art:
- Use the glass or back of the frame as a template. Trace it around on a piece of cardstock and cut out.
- Place your ruler on the 8×10 piece diagonally, trace, and cut in half.
- Use craft or Elmer’s glue to secure the faux moss in place. Squeeze some out and spread out evenly with a brush.
- Press the moss firmly in place. You may need to add a little more glue in some spots. I was surprised to see how well it holds together! Trim edges to get a neat “moss” triangle.
- Use one of the printables below and glue your moss triangle onto the empty side. Frame and enjoy!
(Click on the link, download, and print. For personal use only, pretty please!!)
It was fun to try different floral patterns with the moss. If you wanted something even more modern, try black and white stripes. My favorites are roses and daisies. The colors were just right to brighten my day.
Now on to Spring Fling Home Tours! Find a style that speaks to you.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
- Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love WithIs it Autumn yet? Find a mix of beautiful and easy DIY Fall outdoor wreaths and my favorite online store picks for beautiful modern wreaths! Aren’t the change of seasons … Read More about Beautiful Fall Outdoor Wreaths You’ll Fall in Love With
- See a Colorful Eclectic Home Dramatic Before and AftersCheck out how I turned our single-story ranch-style home into a colorful beautiful haven with before and after pictures of our eclectic interiors. Next month will mark a two year … Read More about See a Colorful Eclectic Home Dramatic Before and Afters