Update your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor.
Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how invigorating Spring weather with the prospect of cheery birds and fresh buds is? I’m participating in the Spring Fling Home Tours starting this week. Each day is featuring a different decorating style. Totally fun, right? Before we get to today’s bloggers I wanted to share this bright and cheery DIY Spring Moss Art with you. I love thinking of new ways to use floral and I really like the modern twist to this DIY art.
DIY Floral and Moss Art
Here’s what you need for this moss wall art DIY:
- An empty 8×10 picture frame. If you have one missing glass, that’s perfect!!
- Black cardstock or cardboard
- Faux moss (the dollar store is a good place to find this)
- Craft glue
- Your choice of a floral print (see below!)
Make a DIY Moss Art:
- Use the glass or back of the frame as a template. Trace it around on a piece of cardstock and cut out.
- Place your ruler on the 8×10 piece diagonally, trace, and cut in half.
- Use craft or Elmer’s glue to secure the faux moss in place. Squeeze some out and spread out evenly with a brush.
- Press the moss firmly in place. You may need to add a little more glue in some spots. I was surprised to see how well it holds together! Trim edges to get a neat “moss” triangle.
- Use one of the printables below and glue your moss triangle onto the empty side. Frame and enjoy!
(Click on the link, download, and print. For personal use only, pretty please!!)
It was fun to try different floral patterns with the moss. If you wanted something even more modern, try black and white stripes. My favorites are roses and daisies. The colors were just right to brighten my day.
Now on to Spring Fling Home Tours! Find a style that speaks to you.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting