Update your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor.
Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how invigorating Spring weather with the prospect of cheery birds and fresh buds is? I’m participating in the Spring Fling Home Tours starting this week. Each day is featuring a different decorating style. Totally fun, right? Before we get to today’s bloggers I wanted to share this bright and cheery DIY Spring Moss Art with you. I love thinking of new ways to use floral and I really like the modern twist to this DIY art.
DIY Floral and Moss Art
Here’s what you need for this moss wall art DIY:
- An empty 8×10 picture frame. If you have one missing glass, that’s perfect!!
- Black cardstock or cardboard
- Faux moss (the dollar store is a good place to find this)
- Craft glue
- Your choice of a floral print (see below!)
Make a DIY Moss Art:
- Use the glass or back of the frame as a template. Trace it around on a piece of cardstock and cut out.
- Place your ruler on the 8×10 piece diagonally, trace, and cut in half.
- Use craft or Elmer’s glue to secure the faux moss in place. Squeeze some out and spread out evenly with a brush.
- Press the moss firmly in place. You may need to add a little more glue in some spots. I was surprised to see how well it holds together! Trim edges to get a neat “moss” triangle.
- Use one of the printables below and glue your moss triangle onto the empty side. Frame and enjoy!
(Click on the link, download, and print. For personal use only, pretty please!!)
It was fun to try different floral patterns with the moss. If you wanted something even more modern, try black and white stripes. My favorites are roses and daisies. The colors were just right to brighten my day.
Now on to Spring Fling Home Tours! Find a style that speaks to you.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes