Update your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor.
Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how invigorating Spring weather with the prospect of cheery birds and fresh buds is? I’m participating in the Spring Fling Home Tours starting this week. Each day is featuring a different decorating style. Totally fun, right? Before we get to today’s bloggers I wanted to share this bright and cheery DIY Spring Moss Art with you. I love thinking of new ways to use floral and I really like the modern twist to this DIY art.
DIY Floral and Moss Art
Here’s what you need for this moss wall art DIY:
- An empty 8×10 picture frame. If you have one missing glass, that’s perfect!!
- Black cardstock or cardboard
- Faux moss (the dollar store is a good place to find this)
- Craft glue
- Your choice of a floral print (see below!)
Make a DIY Moss Art:
- Use the glass or back of the frame as a template. Trace it around on a piece of cardstock and cut out.
- Place your ruler on the 8×10 piece diagonally, trace, and cut in half.
- Use craft or Elmer’s glue to secure the faux moss in place. Squeeze some out and spread out evenly with a brush.
- Press the moss firmly in place. You may need to add a little more glue in some spots. I was surprised to see how well it holds together! Trim edges to get a neat “moss” triangle.
- Use one of the printables below and glue your moss triangle onto the empty side. Frame and enjoy!
(Click on the link, download, and print. For personal use only, pretty please!!)
It was fun to try different floral patterns with the moss. If you wanted something even more modern, try black and white stripes. My favorites are roses and daisies. The colors were just right to brighten my day.
Now on to Spring Fling Home Tours! Find a style that speaks to you.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware IdeasOur hallways are getting a refresh this month and I’m narrowing down choices for blue hallway runners and light and hardware this week. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year … Read More about Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware Ideas
- Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before PicturesCheck out what I have planned to turn a dark hallway into a colorful are gallery in just four weeks for the New Year New Room Refresh. Happy New Year! … Read More about Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before Pictures
- A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYsWelcome to our maximalist holiday house tour full of globally inspired DIYs, floral, fruit, and garland mixed with colorful room designs. Greetings friend! I’m thrilled to be joining my talented … Read More about A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYs
- How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDFPrint out your own free Christmas carols PDF and turn it into a caroling booklet with a beautiful cover and binding. Christmas Caroling has been around for centuries! Is there … Read More about How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDF
- Cozy Colorful Christmas Decorating in a Small SpaceFind tips for colorful Christmas decorating in a small room that make a big impact with little effort. Part of A Very Global Christmas. Whether it is a small living … Read More about Cozy Colorful Christmas Decorating in a Small Space