Update your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor.
Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how invigorating Spring weather with the prospect of cheery birds and fresh buds is? I’m participating in the Spring Fling Home Tours starting this week. Each day is featuring a different decorating style. Totally fun, right? Before we get to today’s bloggers I wanted to share this bright and cheery DIY Spring Moss Art with you. I love thinking of new ways to use floral and I really like the modern twist to this DIY art.
DIY Floral and Moss Art
Here’s what you need for this moss wall art DIY:
- An empty 8×10 picture frame. If you have one missing glass, that’s perfect!!
- Black cardstock or cardboard
- Faux moss (the dollar store is a good place to find this)
- Craft glue
- Your choice of a floral print (see below!)
Make a DIY Moss Art:
- Use the glass or back of the frame as a template. Trace it around on a piece of cardstock and cut out.
- Place your ruler on the 8×10 piece diagonally, trace, and cut in half.
- Use craft or Elmer’s glue to secure the faux moss in place. Squeeze some out and spread out evenly with a brush.
- Press the moss firmly in place. You may need to add a little more glue in some spots. I was surprised to see how well it holds together! Trim edges to get a neat “moss” triangle.
- Use one of the printables below and glue your moss triangle onto the empty side. Frame and enjoy!
(Click on the link, download, and print. For personal use only, pretty please!!)
It was fun to try different floral patterns with the moss. If you wanted something even more modern, try black and white stripes. My favorites are roses and daisies. The colors were just right to brighten my day.
Now on to Spring Fling Home Tours! Find a style that speaks to you.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free Printables
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.