Welcome to our holiday home tour and be inspired to use Christmas tree tinsel garland mixed with modern and warm decor.
Greetings friends! I’m thrilled to share our Christmas Home Tour with you. I’ve been so excited to share that I’ve had the tree up and decorated for about 2 weeks now.
Since we were only allowed to bring part of our household goods, our tree consist of repurposed and new ornaments. I was especially excited to use Christmas tree tinsel garland for the first time.
It has a pretty pinkish copper tinsel garland and I love the sparkle! Some bright pink ornaments and fur balls make me smile every time I see them. My husband actually picked out the fur ornaments. When my man picks out something as trendy and cool as that, I go along with it.
You can see we have a lot of natural light and I love the contrast of the tree and piano with all of our light furnishings. We were lucky to find some cute pieces here like the pair of chairs and gorgeous walnut media stand all second hand!
Some of my repurposed ornaments were done with ribbon tape from the local dollar store, 100 Yen store. The snowflakes actually came from the Dollar Tree.
Somehow, I caught Meow Meow in the perfect pose. We found and adopted him in our neighborhood as a young kitten.
I’m trying to figure out a way to add lights outside (the only outlet outside is at the back of the house) but I did find this cute wreath for about $10 to add a festive touch to our front door. It would probably cost more to make myself so I was happy to snag it.
We have a beautiful wood staircase with open ceilings that leads to three bedrooms and a second full bathroom upstairs. In our bedroom, you might recognize Buck (the deer pillow) from my post on Styling His and Her Bedside Tables.
I also added some ornaments to the basket on the bookcase and a cute wooden deer. The beautiful wooden Asian eterge was another second-hand find for under $100. I love thrifting in Okinawa!
My sister and I went shopping and I bought a paper vintage garland while I was visiting Fort Worth and draped it on our mirror. It sits on a government-issued furniture dresser. I have found creative ways to work around the ugly furniture.
Our bathroom received a little Christmas cheer with some small ornaments and candy cane salts and lotion. The bathrooms in this house are so cute and have large windows. This one opens up to a small and private terrace.
Let’s head back downstairs. The kitchen table is decorated with a bottle brush tree, a candle holder wreath, and ornaments corralled on my cake stand. New placemats overlapping each other create a cute table runner.
The kitchen opens up to the living room and got a major refresh during the One Room Challenge.
Did you see the Japanese paint brush-inspired ornaments? I used some of them on our coffee table and tree too. I love the pop of black and white with the warm coppers and wine tones.
Another Christmas DIY are these felt scalloped trees that you can find.
Our under $1 washi wall showcases most of the Christmas decor. I hung my new DIY stockings made with recycled clothes and added a repurposed Dollar Tree nativity set, wrapped gifts, and a faux flower arrangement.
I love getting pics of our pets in my posts. Here’s our pup Misha napping while I’m snapping pictures.
One of my favorite vignettes is our sofa table. I bought a German Moravian star to celebrate advent but didn’t have a place to hang it. My husband suggested sitting it on our Okinawan pine table. I love that man! It’s a beautiful contrast. More wrapped presents make for free Christmas decor.
And that wraps up our holiday home tour!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure you head on over to Elizabeth Joan Designs to see her holiday home tour. Here’s the lineup for the entire blog hop.
Monday, November 30th
Tuesday, December 1st
Wednesday, December 2nd
Thursday, December 3rd
Friday, December 4th
Head over to the winter holidays, DIYs, and decor page for more articles and resources!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…