How to Host a Swap Party
Clean out your closet, get your friends together, and swap clothes and accessories. Find ideas for what to serve and rules for swapping.
Host a Swap Party
Who to Invite:
First plan on what you want to swap and send out invites to your friends. Somewhere between 6-10 friends is doable although you could host a smaller or larger party. Ask them to bring 10 items they no longer need but are still in great condition and not out of date. If you are only swapping clothes, try to invite friends who are similar in size. You can also suggest that they wear undergarments they wouldn’t mind exposing in a group (cami and bike shorts).
Items to swap:
Items should be in great condition and can include bags, shoes, scarves, jewelry, unopened makeup and/or home decor.
How to set up:
Make it easy for the swap items to be displayed and organized. Have a clothing rack with empty hangers or over the door hooks or tension rods. Clear the dining room table for more items and have a mirror handy for guests to try on clothes. Empty bags available will make it easier for your guests to corral their “new” finds.
Swap till you drop:
Use color-coded stickers and have guests tag the items they are interested in. Take turns (draw straws) picking out 1-3 item(s) at a time. Make sure guests don’t take more items than they brought.
What to serve:
Chicken salad served with Vegetable Crackers
One layer of pound cake, one layer of pudding, one layer of fruit repeat three times. Top with cool whip and chocolate dots (shavings)
Donate any leftover items!
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
- Learn how to find your design style with simple tips and tricks!A guide for “how to find my design style” in your house with designer tips and tricks that will help you be confident with decorating. Do you know what looks good…
- Pretty and Practical: Simple Storage Ideas for Any SpaceLearn how to incorporate beautiful, creative, and simple storage solutions that elevate both form and function in your home. Are you tired of cluttered and disorganized spaces in your home, but…
- Making Floral Arrangements Easy and Beautiful with Simple DIY MethodsDon’t wilt under pressure – find simple DIY methods for making floral arrangements beautiful with fake or real flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? They are the icing on the cake in…
- How to Paint Candles with Ombre for a Simple Scandi CenterpieceElevate your candle game by using our step-by-step tutorial for painting ombre candles and create a beautiful Scandi centerpiece. Hello friend. I hope this holiday season is treating you right! Casa…
- Bring the Outdoors In: Decorate with These Beautiful Bird PrintablesJoin over 2,000 subscribers and receive weekly newsletters, exclusive offers, and monthly freebies like free bird printables art straight to your inbox. My free bird printable art is a great way…
Looks like fun, especially the food part and the attractive ladies. What does a man have to do to get invited?
Live closer! Miss you.
This looks so fun!
It was a lot of fun. It turned out even better than I had expected!
That looks like so much fun! And your recipes send it over the top!
Thank you Alli! What a sweet comment. 🙂
This looks like so much fun and I want some of that trifle!
Thanks Kristin! It is a lot of fun and a great excuse to clean out the closets. 😉
I love this idea! What a great way to recycle what you don’t need and get some new clothes without having to pay for it.
Thanks Joanne! Shopping for free is awesome!!
Wow how excellent is this!!! I wish I had more friends in my area to have one of these parties. Thank you for sharing such great tips 🙂 I always love reading your blog!
Aww! Have your friends bring a guest!! Some of mine drove a hour to attend. I miss living close to my friends and family though. It’s hard moving so often.