Clean out your closet, get your friends together, and swap clothes and accessories. Find ideas for what to serve and rules for swapping.
Host a Swap Party
Who to Invite:
First plan on what you want to swap and send out invites to your friends. Somewhere between 6-10 friends is doable although you could host a smaller or larger party. Ask them to bring 10 items they no longer need but are still in great condition and not out of date. If you are only swapping clothes, try to invite friends who are similar in size. You can also suggest that they wear undergarments they wouldn’t mind exposing in a group (cami and bike shorts).
Items to swap:
Items should be in great condition and can include bags, shoes, scarves, jewelry, unopened makeup and/or home decor.
How to set up:
Make it easy for the swap items to be displayed and organized. Have a clothing rack with empty hangers or over the door hooks or tension rods. Clear the dining room table for more items and have a mirror handy for guests to try on clothes. Empty bags available will make it easier for your guests to corral their “new” finds.
Swap till you drop:
Use color-coded stickers and have guests tag the items they are interested in. Take turns (draw straws) picking out 1-3 item(s) at a time. Make sure guests don’t take more items than they brought.
What to serve:
Chicken salad served with Vegetable Crackers
One layer of pound cake, one layer of pudding, one layer of fruit repeat three times. Top with cool whip and chocolate dots (shavings)
Donate any leftover items!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and contains … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had four short … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. The … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where eight … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s light … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates