Clean out your closet, get your friends together, and swap clothes and accessories. Find ideas for what to serve and rules for swapping.
Host a Swap Party
Who to Invite:
First plan on what you want to swap and send out invites to your friends. Somewhere between 6-10 friends is doable although you could host a smaller or larger party. Ask them to bring 10 items they no longer need but are still in great condition and not out of date. If you are only swapping clothes, try to invite friends who are similar in size. You can also suggest that they wear undergarments they wouldn’t mind exposing in a group (cami and bike shorts).
Items to swap:
Items should be in great condition and can include bags, shoes, scarves, jewelry, unopened makeup and/or home decor.
How to set up:
Make it easy for the swap items to be displayed and organized. Have a clothing rack with empty hangers or over the door hooks or tension rods. Clear the dining room table for more items and have a mirror handy for guests to try on clothes. Empty bags available will make it easier for your guests to corral their “new” finds.
Swap till you drop:
Use color-coded stickers and have guests tag the items they are interested in. Take turns (draw straws) picking out 1-3 item(s) at a time. Make sure guests don’t take more items than they brought.
What to serve:
Chicken salad served with Vegetable Crackers
One layer of pound cake, one layer of pudding, one layer of fruit repeat three times. Top with cool whip and chocolate dots (shavings)
Donate any leftover items!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review contains … Read More about How to Host a Swap Party
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate links … Read More about How to Host a Swap Party
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been waiting … Read More about How to Host a Swap Party
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a sponsored … Read More about How to Host a Swap Party
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my … Read More about How to Host a Swap Party