Clean out your closet, get your friends together, and swap clothes and accessories. Find ideas for what to serve and rules for swapping.
Host a Swap Party
Who to Invite:
First plan on what you want to swap and send out invites to your friends. Somewhere between 6-10 friends is doable although you could host a smaller or larger party. Ask them to bring 10 items they no longer need but are still in great condition and not out of date. If you are only swapping clothes, try to invite friends who are similar in size. You can also suggest that they wear undergarments they wouldn’t mind exposing in a group (cami and bike shorts).
Items to swap:
Items should be in great condition and can include bags, shoes, scarves, jewelry, unopened makeup and/or home decor.
How to set up:
Make it easy for the swap items to be displayed and organized. Have a clothing rack with empty hangers or over the door hooks or tension rods. Clear the dining room table for more items and have a mirror handy for guests to try on clothes. Empty bags available will make it easier for your guests to corral their “new” finds.
Swap till you drop:
Use color-coded stickers and have guests tag the items they are interested in. Take turns (draw straws) picking out 1-3 item(s) at a time. Make sure guests don’t take more items than they brought.
What to serve:
Chicken salad served with Vegetable Crackers
One layer of pound cake, one layer of pudding, one layer of fruit repeat three times. Top with cool whip and chocolate dots (shavings)
Donate any leftover items!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having our … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One of … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it later … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish you … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies I … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes