Clean out your closet, get your friends together, and swap clothes and accessories. Find ideas for what to serve and rules for swapping.
Host a Swap Party
Who to Invite:
First plan on what you want to swap and send out invites to your friends. Somewhere between 6-10 friends is doable although you could host a smaller or larger party. Ask them to bring 10 items they no longer need but are still in great condition and not out of date. If you are only swapping clothes, try to invite friends who are similar in size. You can also suggest that they wear undergarments they wouldn’t mind exposing in a group (cami and bike shorts).
Items to swap:
Items should be in great condition and can include bags, shoes, scarves, jewelry, unopened makeup and/or home decor.
How to set up:
Make it easy for the swap items to be displayed and organized. Have a clothing rack with empty hangers or over the door hooks or tension rods. Clear the dining room table for more items and have a mirror handy for guests to try on clothes. Empty bags available will make it easier for your guests to corral their “new” finds.
Swap till you drop:
Use color-coded stickers and have guests tag the items they are interested in. Take turns (draw straws) picking out 1-3 item(s) at a time. Make sure guests don’t take more items than they brought.
What to serve:
Chicken salad served with Vegetable Crackers
One layer of pound cake, one layer of pudding, one layer of fruit repeat three times. Top with cool whip and chocolate dots (shavings)
Donate any leftover items!
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to SeeGet ready for cooler temps and outside activities with these beautiful modern outdoor fire pits ideas for your outdoor space. I’m making sure we have multiple places to hang out as … Read More about 10 Gorgeous Modern Outdoor Fire Pits You Need to See
- How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall QuicklyChange your room in an afternoon with a DIY painted arch accent wall and update a piece of furniture in the same color for a big impact! *This post is sponsored … Read More about How to Paint an Arch Accent Wall Quickly
- Brilliant Colors of Fall Home TourWelcome to our brilliant colors of Fall home tour where you’ll find colorful and eclectic seasonal decor with touches of autumn. Doesn’t the change of season excite you? It is always … Read More about Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour
- Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood BoardA colorful and eclectic mood board showcasing top flooring trends using my favorite Carpet One Floor & Home products. This post is sponsored by Carpet One Floor & Home but all … Read More about Top Flooring Trends with Carpet One Mood Board
- How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins CenterpieceTransform dollar store pumpkins into a beautiful Copper Pumpkins centerpiece for Fall with this quick and easy DIY. Do you love decorating with dollar store items but wish you could make … Read More about How to Create a Quick and Easy Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece