Create a beautiful crescent floral modern Halloween wreath in just a few simple steps for under $10. Part of The Global Styler monthly series.
Say goodbye to generic seasonal and holiday decor and make your own beautiful pieces with budget-friendly easy DIYs inspired by global style and modern trends. Hello there! Welcome to The Global Styler hosted by Casa Watkins Living. If you are new to the series, the gals of The Global Series share a themed-globally inspired DIY or decorating tip on the first Monday of each month.
This month we decided to create a Fall/Halloween door (or wall) hanging. I wanted something modern with a touch of global that would be easy to make for under $10. Read on to learn how to make a modern Halloween wreath with a floral crescent shape. You’ll be amazed at how simple it is!
DIY Crescent Floral Moon Wreath with Brass Bells
So we are still transitioning into our beautiful new home. I still haven’t shared pictures because it is mostly empty and a bit dark. I’m waiting for our final household shipment from Japan with my tripod and decor items (and our mattresses!). But it is a single-story ranch in a beautiful neighborhood in Fort Worth and I already love it to pieces.
The previous owners did such a fantastic job with updates and renovations including the paint colors! I knew having a bold dark front door would be the perfect backdrop for a minimalist Halloween wreath and a white floral crescent moon shape would be a lovely contrast.
Here’s what you need for a modern halloween wreath:
- A piece of cardboard.
- A large embroidery hoop or metal hoop wreath, 12-16″.
- White small faux flowers (two bunches). Find at your local dollar or craft store.
- Hot glue gun and sticks.
- Brass bells/hanging.
How to create a crescent moon template:
- Use the hoop as a guide on a piece of cardboard to create two half circles. Trace your first crescent shape and then move the hoop over 2-4 inches making sure the ends of the half-circle touch the hoop at each end. Trace the second crescent shape. Carefully cut it out with a box cutter and trim off rough edges with scissors.
- Prepare the flowers by removing the heads and snip off the stem or flower closure so that it lays flatter. Be careful to no cut too close to the petals so the flower doesn’t fall apart. 😉
- Lay them out on your crescent shape lining the edges first and then filling in the middle. Hot glue each flower head into place.
- Attach the floral moon with cardboard back to the hoop with more hot glue, let dry, and then hang. You can add a beautiful piece of ribbon to the top for a hanger or attach a little bit of wire to the hoop behind the flowers. It might help the floral crescent wreath stay straight as the flowers do make it a little unbalanced. I have a larger decorative hook on my front door and was able to hang the wreath straight with no problems.
Adorn with brass bells for an eclectic global vibe! I found mine at a garden center in Japan but places like Cost Plus World Market, Home Goods, or your local craft store will most likely have something similar. I love how lightweight the final wreath is! You can easily hang it anywhere but make sure it is protected from the elements if hanging outside. Ours does just fine on the covered front porch.
Join me on Instagram for behind the scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
This is the first DIY I’ve done back in the states and in our new home! I foresee many more in the coming months. 😉 It is wonderful to be homeowners again.
Now it’s time to stop by the other ladies’ creative posts for more inspiration.
Check out Casa Watkins Living beautiful Boho Bicycle Wheel Wreath with dried citrus and tropical flowers. She always has such fun and colorful DIYs to add to her tropical, global-bohemian interiors!
And Jess from House Homemade’s DIY Dia De Los Meurtos wall hanging. You’ll love her eclectic mix of old and new furniture and decor styles in her beautiful home.
With just a few supplies and these modern wreath ideas, you’ll have a new wreath to adorn your home in no time! Looking for more seasonal inspiration? Don’t miss out on 50 + Fall seasonal and holiday decorating ideas, DIYs, and free printables for the season where I’ve shared my best decorating ideas with checklists and printable art! You’ll find oodles of projects, tips, and beautiful printables.
Make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions or just want to chat. I enjoy reading and replying to each one.
Until next time,