Help your kids clean their rooms and stay organized with this one simple tip plus ideas for a child’s bedroom storage on a budget.
This post was sponsored by Epson. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Greetings. It’s been about 6 months since we’ve “KonMaried” our house and it’s time for an update! First I tackled the master closet, you can read about the process HERE. Would you believe that it is still neatly organized? It has also changed the way I shop (fewer items, better quality), and the KonMari method has been contagious with the entire family.
A Simple Method for Kids Cleaning Their Room
The kids’ closets and rooms were next but I instructed my youngest to only pull out clothes and not put them away. You can read about how we decluttered and organized the kids’ rooms HERE. The most exciting thing is that in the process of decluttering and we found an easy way for the kids to keep their rooms clean and organized!
Bring in the new trusty Epson portable printer. I decided to let my little one start putting her clothes in the right spot with the help of labels. I love keeping the printer out on my desk ready to use plus it looks sleek. You can create the labels straight from your smartphone so it literally took about 2 minutes to print labels for clothes. We did tank tops, short sleeves, long sleeves, shorts/skirts, and pants.
We didn’t stop with the clothes but labeled toy storage too. Except for the dollhouse, all of my daughter’s toys are in a 3 drawer bin and two plastic crates. I always recommend going for cheap storage solutions from the dollar store or $5 and under store and discount places like Aldi for two reasons.
First, if you are a renter and/or military family that moves often, you always have to adapt to new storage solutions. Have multiple bins and temporary shelves will be more versatile rather than spending a lot of money on a custom closet system or other expensive storage solutions.
Second, children are always changing sizes and interests so their storage solutions are usually short term anyways!
Now there can be no more excuses for not knowing where something goes with the labels on clothing and toys.
The label maker has many font choices. We choose one that was easy to read!
I never knew how much I was missing out with this label maker! For someone who LOVES to be organized, I should have tried one years ago.
I also made placeholders and organized my kitchen pantry last week. You can find those DIYs HERE.
Here are some more of my favorite uses with the decorative stickers and personalize ribbons:
- Label cords for easy organization
- Adding a QR code for supplemental information
- Organize drawers and cabinets in every room
- Create iron-on labels for clothing, uniforms, and backpacks
- Import your address book to print mailing labels for all of your holiday cards
- Print custom ribbons for party favors, gifts, hair bows, and ornaments
You can even incorporate your own logos, fonts, and other graphics!
If you enjoyed this simple tip for kids cleaning their room. Find out more about the KonMari method and other decluttering and organization tips on my Spring Guide page.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes