Simplify your holiday meal planning with this easy make-ahead Christmas breakfast idea and take the fuss out of the holidays.
I don’t know about you but the last thing I want to do is prepare a big breakfast on Christmas. After Christmas Eve festvities and planning a large holiday dinner for Christmas it’s so much easier to keep that early morning meal simple. Here’s how you can make an easy Christmas breakfast ahead of time.
Make-Ahead Christmas Breakfast
Welcome to Day Eight of A Very Global Christmas! My friend Casa Watkins Living and I love sharing globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating ideas, and entertaining tips so much this is our third year doing this unique series. Make sure to check out her yummy Spiked Caribbean Cafe Mocha!
It’s early Christmas morning, the kids are up at the crack of dawn, and mom and dad insist on coffee and a fire before presents and stockings. Oh and birthday cake. Yep, my birthday is on Christmas and this is usually how our Christmases go.
In the last few years, my husband and kids have started surprising me with a birthday cake first thing on Christmas even before stockings. Then after presents, my husband makes french toast.
It’s so much food before our big holiday meal I thought this year I would take the work out of breakfast all together by setting up a breakfast station with danish and Swedish treats and juice. We can graze on it through the entire holiday break and save the birthday cake for later. It’s more fun to eat it with my twin sister anyway.
Simply pick up some pre-made pastries or bake your favorites ahead of time and set out next to the coffee maker. Add a bowl of fruit, coffee mugs, juice, cups, plates, and napkins to make a special Christmas breakfast that’s super convenient.
For our Christmas breakfast treats I prepared a blueberry and cream cheese danish bread ahead of time and added raspberry-filled cookies and sparkling juice. The pastries will keep on a covered dish for a few days and the juice and coffee creamer is ready to go straight from the fridge.
I really do like simple hosting tricks like this even if it’s just for our family to enjoy. Plus you will be prepared for any guests stopping by for coffee and sweets. Make sure to check out this page for all of my Christmas decorating ideas, DIYs, easy entertaining tips, and free printables!
Now let’s go check out that delicious sounding recipe from Casa Watkins Living.
Are you hosting Christmas this year?
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates
- Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place CardsFind an easy DIY for bottle brush place card holders to use with free printable Christmas place cards on your holiday table this year! We made it! Welcome to Day … Read More about Make Mini Tree Holders for Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
- An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in MinutesAn easy pink Christmas table setting inspired by French, modern-bohemian style and my grandmother’s Dresden china. Do you use family heirlooms around the holidays? I’ve been gifted my grandmother’s Dresden … Read More about An Elegant Pink Christmas Table Setting in Minutes