Create a beautiful eclectic and chic table setting with an easy DIY faux floral centerpiece and other tablescape ideas from eclectic bloggers.
My friends and I are here to help you think outside the box for an interesting and colorful tablescape using what you have! So don’t fret about your next dinner party, we’ve got you covered.
Hi there! I’m thrilled you stopped by today. I’ve been busy with not-so-fun business tasks that I welcomed an invitation from Monica Wants It to share an eclectic and chic table setting for a seasonal blog hop.
Create an Eclectic and Chic Table Setting with an Easy DIY Centerpiece
If you are coming from A Designer at Home, welcome. I just adore Corinna’s knack for vintage boho style and her amazing talent of mixing layers and patterns. We are a military family living overseas in Japan where I love to share rental friendly decorating ideas and DIYs.
Our dining room is a traditional Japanese tatami room called washitu. It has so many beautiful warm tones and natural elements in the architecture that I wanted to keep this table setting simple with a gorgeous DIY centerpiece.
How to create an easy faux floral Spring centerpiece:
- Use a unique bowl or serving dish for the container. I used Japanese pottery with a great texture.
- Add floral styrofoam (or any styrofoam on hand) to the bottom of the dish. You can also use a florist frog or tape over the opening to create a grid like I did with this flower arrangement.
- Start with short stems to create an overall ball shape mixing floral and leaf stems. Don’t be afraid to throw in air plants, succulents, and cabbage leaves to fill larger gaps.
- Once you achieve a round-full shape, add a few additional long stems in the middle and sides more interesting and organic silhouette.
I simply used a mix of faux stems I had in a storage bin and pulled some stems from arrangements to make this centerpiece completely free. Another option is to mix real flowers with faux stems to keep costs down as I did in this floral centerpiece.
Even though there are not as many layers as I usually add to a tablescape, I kept this table interesting by placing a floral tablecloth and a lace table runner under the basic dishes and serving ware.
The tablecloth is actually placed wrong side up so the blues would be more muted. Pretty wrapping paper, throw blankets, and scarves make great tablecloths too.
Each place setting has my favorite gold bamboo serving ware, an ikea plate, Calvin Klein cloth napkin, plastic stemware, and an elephant napkin holder that was my grandmothers. She lived in Africa for some time so these might even be global!
We have many of our nice dishes in long term storage while we live overseas so I often do crazy things like mixing plastic and china together. Rules are meant to be broken, right?
Thanks so much for stopping by. There are many other beautiful Spring tables to inspired you. Make sure to check out Stephanie’s from Casa Watkins Living, next on the blog hop! You’ll love her global eclectic style.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting