Create a beautiful eclectic and chic table setting with an easy DIY faux floral centerpiece and other tablescape ideas from eclectic bloggers.
My friends and I are here to help you think outside the box for an interesting and colorful tablescape using what you have! So don’t fret about your next dinner party, we’ve got you covered.
Hi there! I’m thrilled you stopped by today. I’ve been busy with not-so-fun business tasks that I welcomed an invitation from Monica Wants It to share an eclectic and chic table setting for a seasonal blog hop.
Create an Eclectic and Chic Table Setting with an Easy DIY Centerpiece
If you are coming from A Designer at Home, welcome. I just adore Corinna’s knack for vintage boho style and her amazing talent of mixing layers and patterns. We are a military family living overseas in Japan where I love to share rental friendly decorating ideas and DIYs.
Our dining room is a traditional Japanese tatami room called washitu. It has so many beautiful warm tones and natural elements in the architecture that I wanted to keep this table setting simple with a gorgeous DIY centerpiece.
How to create an easy faux floral Spring centerpiece:
- Use a unique bowl or serving dish for the container. I used Japanese pottery with a great texture.
- Add floral styrofoam (or any styrofoam on hand) to the bottom of the dish. You can also use a florist frog or tape over the opening to create a grid like I did with this flower arrangement.
- Start with short stems to create an overall ball shape mixing floral and leaf stems. Don’t be afraid to throw in air plants, succulents, and cabbage leaves to fill larger gaps.
- Once you achieve a round-full shape, add a few additional long stems in the middle and sides more interesting and organic silhouette.
I simply used a mix of faux stems I had in a storage bin and pulled some stems from arrangements to make this centerpiece completely free. Another option is to mix real flowers with faux stems to keep costs down as I did in this floral centerpiece.
Even though there are not as many layers as I usually add to a tablescape, I kept this table interesting by placing a floral tablecloth and a lace table runner under the basic dishes and serving ware.
The tablecloth is actually placed wrong side up so the blues would be more muted. Pretty wrapping paper, throw blankets, and scarves make great tablecloths too.
Each place setting has my favorite gold bamboo serving ware, an ikea plate, Calvin Klein cloth napkin, plastic stemware, and an elephant napkin holder that was my grandmothers. She lived in Africa for some time so these might even be global!
We have many of our nice dishes in long term storage while we live overseas so I often do crazy things like mixing plastic and china together. Rules are meant to be broken, right?
Thanks so much for stopping by. There are many other beautiful Spring tables to inspired you. Make sure to check out Stephanie’s from Casa Watkins Living, next on the blog hop! You’ll love her global eclectic style.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- My CoSchedule Review as a Blogger and Favorite FeaturesLooking for help with online scheduling? Check out my CoSchedule review as a blogger and what three features I use to get my posts seen. Please note that this review … Read More about Easy Ideas for Colorful and Chic Table Settings
- How to Create a Beautiful Parisian Style BedroomWhat is Parisian style and how do you get it? Find out key elements for creating a Parisian style bedroom with budget-friendly DIYs and decorating tips. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about Easy Ideas for Colorful and Chic Table Settings
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash EasilyHow to remove tile backsplash without damaging the wall for a first-timer. Only a couple of tools needed for this easier-than-you-think DIY. Another first-time DIY in the books! I’ve been … Read More about Easy Ideas for Colorful and Chic Table Settings
- Make a Beautiful DIY Bedskirt in 4 Easy stepsCreate a beautiful custom-made DIY bed skirt without sewing using 5 simple steps and get a high end look for less. Part of the One Room Challenge. This is a … Read More about Easy Ideas for Colorful and Chic Table Settings
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with an easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about Easy Ideas for Colorful and Chic Table Settings
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.