Create a beautiful eclectic and chic table setting with an easy DIY faux floral centerpiece and other tablescape ideas from eclectic bloggers.
My friends and I are here to help you think outside the box for an interesting and colorful tablescape using what you have! So don’t fret about your next dinner party, we’ve got you covered.
Hi there! I’m thrilled you stopped by today. I’ve been busy with not-so-fun business tasks that I welcomed an invitation from Monica Wants It to share an eclectic and chic table setting for a seasonal blog hop.
Create an Eclectic and Chic Table Setting with an Easy DIY Centerpiece
If you are coming from A Designer at Home, welcome. I just adore Corinna’s knack for vintage boho style and her amazing talent of mixing layers and patterns. We are a military family living overseas in Japan where I love to share rental friendly decorating ideas and DIYs.
Our dining room is a traditional Japanese tatami room called washitu. It has so many beautiful warm tones and natural elements in the architecture that I wanted to keep this table setting simple with a gorgeous DIY centerpiece.
How to create an easy faux floral Spring centerpiece:
- Use a unique bowl or serving dish for the container. I used Japanese pottery with a great texture.
- Add floral styrofoam (or any styrofoam on hand) to the bottom of the dish. You can also use a florist frog or tape over the opening to create a grid like I did with this flower arrangement.
- Start with short stems to create an overall ball shape mixing floral and leaf stems. Don’t be afraid to throw in air plants, succulents, and cabbage leaves to fill larger gaps.
- Once you achieve a round-full shape, add a few additional long stems in the middle and sides more interesting and organic silhouette.
I simply used a mix of faux stems I had in a storage bin and pulled some stems from arrangements to make this centerpiece completely free. Another option is to mix real flowers with faux stems to keep costs down as I did in this floral centerpiece.
Even though there are not as many layers as I usually add to a tablescape, I kept this table interesting by placing a floral tablecloth and a lace table runner under the basic dishes and serving ware.
The tablecloth is actually placed wrong side up so the blues would be more muted. Pretty wrapping paper, throw blankets, and scarves make great tablecloths too.
Each place setting has my favorite gold bamboo serving ware, an ikea plate, Calvin Klein cloth napkin, plastic stemware, and an elephant napkin holder that was my grandmothers. She lived in Africa for some time so these might even be global!
We have many of our nice dishes in long term storage while we live overseas so I often do crazy things like mixing plastic and china together. Rules are meant to be broken, right?
Thanks so much for stopping by. There are many other beautiful Spring tables to inspired you. Make sure to check out Stephanie’s from Casa Watkins Living, next on the blog hop! You’ll love her global eclectic style.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle