Turn your plastic eggs into beautiful boho Easter eggs inspired by Moroccan wedding blankets for a global style with this fun DIY.
Are you looking for unique ways to decorate your plastic Easter eggs? Sometimes I get a wild hair and think of something crazy to do and it ends up being one of my best DIYs! While thinking of a way to repurpose plastic eggs into global-inspired ones my mind wandered to Moroccan wedding blankets and how that would translate to a decorated egg. The result? Beautiful boho Easter eggs.
How to Turn Plastic Eggs into Boho Easter Eggs
Welcome to A Very Global Easter series where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired Easter decorating ideas, DIYs, and printables. Today’s theme if you haven’t guessed it is eggs!
What you need for Moroccan Wedding Blanket eggs:
- Plastic eggs (large and small)
- Spray paint (white and gold)
- Mini white fringe, silver fringe, silver sequin string, black and white cording, loose woven yarn (embellishments from the dollar store)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to create global style Easter eggs:
Watch me make Moroccan Wedding Blanket Eggs live on youtube!
- Spray paint large plastic eggs white and small eggs with gold. Use 2 light coats with 30 minutes of drying time in between. Let completely dry for at least 2-3 hrs.
For the large eggs:
- Start by hot gluing yarn (I used a loose woven yarn that’s about 3/4 inch wide) around the egg. Cover the egg completely or try variations like covering one half, just the middle, or just the ends.
- Embellish with decorative tape, fringe, sequins, and cording by wrapping the material 1-3 times around a section of the egg. Keep in place with a dot of glue where needed. The majority of the egg should be covered in white materials and limit the other small pops of color to black and white, blush pink, and silver.
For the small gold eggs
- Glue trim around the middle to hide where the two eggs half meet.
Aren’t the pretty? I just love the textures of the materials and they truly remind me of moroccan wedding blankets. What do you think?
I have them sitting next to our sofa with a couple of plants. My floral pillow really draws out the small bits of pink from the eggs.
If you love these, pin them for later!
It’s time to go see Casa Watkins Living’s gorgeous painted paper mache Easter egg DIY!
Hope you enjoyed these ideas!! Are they sparking any ideas?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might also enjoy these global Spring posts!
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes
- Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home TourEnjoy a Spring home tour full of colorful-eclectic decor using second-hand finds and family heirlooms with plenty of DIYs. Looking for Spring decor inspiration? Then look no further, my friend. … Read More about Welcome to a Colorful and Eclectic Spring Home Tour
- Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple StepsUpdate a plain basket with decorative floral wire and flower stem to create a cute boho Easter basket for Spring. Some of the best DIYs take a little imagination and … Read More about Make A Boho Easter Basket in Two Simple Steps
- A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table SettingTry a beautiful blue and white table setting with global touches using second hand decor for a cheerful Spring or Easter gathering. I am so excited to share not only … Read More about A Cheerful Springtime Global Blue and White Table Setting