Turn your plastic eggs into beautiful boho Easter eggs inspired by Moroccan wedding blankets for a global style with this fun DIY.
Are you looking for unique ways to decorate your plastic Easter eggs? Sometimes I get a wild hair and think of something crazy to do and it ends up being one of my best DIYs! While thinking of a way to repurpose plastic eggs into global-inspired ones my mind wandered to Moroccan wedding blankets and how that would translate to a decorated egg. The result? Beautiful boho Easter eggs.
How to Turn Plastic Eggs into Boho Easter Eggs
Welcome to A Very Global Easter series where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired Easter decorating ideas, DIYs, and printables. Today’s theme if you haven’t guessed it is eggs!
What you need for Moroccan Wedding Blanket eggs:
- Plastic eggs (large and small)
- Spray paint (white and gold)
- Mini white fringe, silver fringe, silver sequin string, black and white cording, loose woven yarn (embellishments from the dollar store)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to create global style Easter eggs:
Watch me make Moroccan Wedding Blanket Eggs live on youtube!
- Spray paint large plastic eggs white and small eggs with gold. Use 2 light coats with 30 minutes of drying time in between. Let completely dry for at least 2-3 hrs.
For the large eggs:
- Start by hot gluing yarn (I used a loose woven yarn that’s about 3/4 inch wide) around the egg. Cover the egg completely or try variations like covering one half, just the middle, or just the ends.
- Embellish with decorative tape, fringe, sequins, and cording by wrapping the material 1-3 times around a section of the egg. Keep in place with a dot of glue where needed. The majority of the egg should be covered in white materials and limit the other small pops of color to black and white, blush pink, and silver.
For the small gold eggs
- Glue trim around the middle to hide where the two eggs half meet.
Aren’t the pretty? I just love the textures of the materials and they truly remind me of moroccan wedding blankets. What do you think?
I have them sitting next to our sofa with a couple of plants. My floral pillow really draws out the small bits of pink from the eggs.
If you love these, pin them for later!
It’s time to go see Casa Watkins Living’s gorgeous painted paper mache Easter egg DIY!
Hope you enjoyed these ideas!! Are they sparking any ideas?
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
You might also enjoy these global Spring posts!
- How to Create a Foyer and Keep it OrganizedLearn what things you should have to create a foyer that is functional and beautiful with these easy decorating and organization tips. We have had legit foyers in our last … Read More about Make Beautiful Easter Eggs in a Global Style
- Eco-Conscious Cleaning Tips that Will Save You MoneyNow it’s more important than ever to have a clean house! Use these five simple ways to save money and reduce waste when cleaning. A big thanks to Infuse for … Read More about Make Beautiful Easter Eggs in a Global Style
- Awesome and Unique DIY Ideas for Mother’s Day GiftsLooking for unique handmade presents for Mother’s Day? Try these colorful and eclectic custom Mother’s Day gift ideas with supplies from around your house. With Mother’s Day just around the … Read More about Make Beautiful Easter Eggs in a Global Style
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. It … Read More about Make Beautiful Easter Eggs in a Global Style
- How to Make a Beautiful DIY Moss Art with Free PrintablesUpdate your walls with this easy DIY Moss Art using free printables with floral patterns and faux moss for beautiful Spring decor. Happy Spring friend! Don’t you love how … Read More about Make Beautiful Easter Eggs in a Global Style
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.