Turn your plastic eggs into beautiful boho Easter eggs inspired by Moroccan wedding blankets for a global style with this fun DIY.
Are you looking for unique ways to decorate your plastic Easter eggs? Sometimes I get a wild hair and think of something crazy to do and it ends up being one of my best DIYs! While thinking of a way to repurpose plastic eggs into global-inspired ones my mind wandered to Moroccan wedding blankets and how that would translate to a decorated egg. The result? Beautiful boho Easter eggs.
How to Turn Plastic Eggs into Boho Easter Eggs
Welcome to A Very Global Easter series where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing seven days of globally inspired Easter decorating ideas, DIYs, and printables. Today’s theme if you haven’t guessed it is eggs!
What you need for Moroccan Wedding Blanket eggs:
- Plastic eggs (large and small)
- Spray paint (white and gold)
- Mini white fringe, silver fringe, silver sequin string, black and white cording, loose woven yarn (embellishments from the dollar store)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How to create global style Easter eggs:
Watch me make Moroccan Wedding Blanket Eggs live on youtube!
- Spray paint large plastic eggs white and small eggs with gold. Use 2 light coats with 30 minutes of drying time in between. Let completely dry for at least 2-3 hrs.
For the large eggs:
- Start by hot gluing yarn (I used a loose woven yarn that’s about 3/4 inch wide) around the egg. Cover the egg completely or try variations like covering one half, just the middle, or just the ends.
- Embellish with decorative tape, fringe, sequins, and cording by wrapping the material 1-3 times around a section of the egg. Keep in place with a dot of glue where needed. The majority of the egg should be covered in white materials and limit the other small pops of color to black and white, blush pink, and silver.
For the small gold eggs
- Glue trim around the middle to hide where the two eggs half meet.
Aren’t the pretty? I just love the textures of the materials and they truly remind me of moroccan wedding blankets. What do you think?
I have them sitting next to our sofa with a couple of plants. My floral pillow really draws out the small bits of pink from the eggs.
If you love these, pin them for later!
It’s time to go see Casa Watkins Living’s gorgeous painted paper mache Easter egg DIY!
Hope you enjoyed these ideas!! Are they sparking any ideas?
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
You might also enjoy these global Spring posts!
- Crafting Feathered Friends: A Step-by-Step Guide to DIY Paper Mache BirdsLearn how to make paper mache birds with supplies you already have using this easy DIY and step by step instructions for handmade modern decor.“ Birds of a feather stick…
- Simple Remote Control Storage Ideas that are Actually BeautifulChic and practical solutions for hiding remote controls on your coffee table and where to find them. Plus hand-picked store options. Hey there fellow decorator! If you are anything like…
- Learn How to Make Beautiful Washi Paper Eggs with DecoupageMake these gorgeous DIY decoupage easter eggs with plastic eggs from the dollar store and washi or origami paper in a few simple steps. Spring is in the air and…
- Give Your Home a Spring Refresh with Things You Already HaveLearn how to refresh your home for Spring with 10 creative decorating ideas using things you already have. What’s your favorite part of spring? Birds singing, bulbs pushing up through…
- Make a Beautiful DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies…