Get ready for cooler temps and outside activities with these beautiful modern outdoor fire pits ideas for your outdoor space.
*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience to products I love.
I’m making sure we have multiple places to hang out as a family with all of the time we are spending at home. That goes for inside and outside! So I’m on the hunt for a modern outdoor fire pit that fits in with our design aesthetic.
Modern Outdoor Fire Pits
We already have a beautiful garden with a rock path and benches and a covered patio with living and dining areas. But we don’t have the best set up for those cool nights we want to light a fire. Today I’m sharing my favorite modern outdoor fire pits that I found online from stores I frequently shop at.
The options are at multiple price points as low as under $100 and upwards to $500. I love the sleek modern look and would love to have one in our backyard. Click on any of the pictures below that strike your fancy or hover to see price.
Aren’t they nice? I’d love to pair it with some modern outdoor chairs like these.
How to use a fire pit bowl safely:
- Check local codes to make sure using a fire pit is allowed in your area. Contact a planning office to see if any restrictions apply.
- Place your fire pit in a safe place. A covered deck or porch may not be idle since floating embers can cause heat and ventilation issues. Stone, brick, and concrete are all good options as well as a flat surface. Make sure the fire pit is a safe distance from the house, overhanging trees, heat-sensitive plants, dry brush, open firewood, and other flammable substances.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby.
- Gather materials needed for the fire pit by sorting wood, kindling, and tinder. The wood should be dry and tinder can be dry leaves, twigs, or newspapers.
- Don’t use starter logs, gels, or other fire starters that contain chemicals if you plan on cooking food over the open flame.
- Build your fire by placing tinders at the bottom of the fire pit. Stack larger sticks to build a teepee, and the larger logs around the kindling.
- Light the tinder in a few places. Once the fire is going you can add larger logs to keep it burning. Place a grate over the fire or fire bowl cover to keep it contained.
- Use a poker to move coals and embers together. Blow a little to reignite a small fire.
- Let the fire burn completely to ask and pour water over the embers until it stops hissing to properly put out the fire. Once cool, shovel out the materials out and dispose of it.
Once we have a nice fire pit area set up I’m hoping to add a chimnea to our outdoor living area!
And then we will be all set for the season. Find 50+ ideas for Fall decor and seasonal DIYs including Halloween and thanksgiving on this page! Print out a Fall bucket list and enjoy a night around the fire pit.
What’s your favorite Fall time activity?
- One Room Challenge Bathroom UpdateOur One Room Challenge week four bathroom renovation update with moody and eclectic mood boards and room mock-ups. This post contains sponsors and affiliate links. All thoughts and opinions … Read More about One Room Challenge Bathroom Update
- An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall PaintSee how easy it is to dramatically change a space with fresh white and black wall paint in the bathroom in this One Room Challenge update. *This is a … Read More about An Easy and Beautiful Look with White and Black Wall Paint
- Making Over a Bathroom on a BudgetFind ideas for updating a bathroom on a budget with DIYs that you can do yourself and my One Room Challenge week 2 progress. *This is a sponsored post … Read More about Making Over a Bathroom on a Budget
- How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo EasilyFind easy decorating tips for how to divide a living room and dining room combo with floor, wall, and furniture ideas. *This post contains gifted products and affiliate links … Read More about How to Divide a Living Room and Dining Room Combo Easily
- Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic BathroomSee how I’m transforming our small space into a colorful and eclectic bathroom with moody vibes and a gallery wall for the One Room Challenge. *This post contains affiliate … Read More about Beautiful Ideas for a Moody and Eclectic Bathroom