Use dollar store supplies and house items to create Modern and pretty St Patty’s decor in minutes with these simple DIYs.
As with most holidays, seasonal decor can be expensive, time-consuming, and accumulate into clutter. Make the most of what you have and shop the dollar store or raid your crafting stash and home decor to make fun and unique St Patty’s decor this year.
Modern St Patty’s Decor and DIYs
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (and hopefully warmer Spring weather)! Just like most holidays, my philosophy for decor is less is more. Well-thought-out and placed holiday DIYs and appropriate colors and textures can put a festive touch in your home without going overboard. I put together a list of my favorite modern St Patrick’s’ day decor and DIYs that I’ve done in the past.
- Make a St Patty’s faux succulent door hanging with shamrock bunting using dollar store supplies. Using faux succulents for a filler and ombre shamrocks gives it a more modern flare.
- Create seasonal vignettes with items already in your house. Grouping together green plants with black and white touches is a fun way to incorporate St Patrick’s holiday without taking it literally or too seriously. What a glorious color combo! This vignette was part of the 2016 St Patrick’s Day home tour.
The color combo is carried throughout the living space with floral accents to make transitioning into Spring decor easy.
- This cute little gold shamrock was a quick cut out from metallic tape and put on a succulent pot. Charming! Try this with green painter’s tape for DIY shamrock sticker.
- Create a DIY gold leaf shamrock art piece to put in an existing picture frame. Layer with green and other Spring colors for a seasonal vignette. A stack of green books, sea glass, gold frame, and shamrock art create this light and pretty setting.
- Try this easy black and gold art DIY. Use metallic tape to create a couple of strips on a piece of black construction paper. Place in a gold frame and you have modern art that looks more much more expensive then the pennies it cost to make. Don’t you love a simple DIY that creates a large impact?
- Create a “lucky accent” with polymer clay for a DIY gold horseshoe that can stay out all year. If you don’t have polymer clay, try a DIY salt dough recipe for crafts.
Find more modern St Patty’s DIYs in this fun round-up post.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning LookFind out how easy it is to add trim to curtains and other simple tips for making store-bought curtains look high-end and custom! This post is sponsored by SmithHonig and … Read More about How to Add Trim to Curtains for a Stunning Look
- A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room MakeoverHow a small and dark laundry room was transformed in two days using materials I already had on hand to create a beautiful and elegant space. If you had four … Read More about A Beautiful and Quick DIY Laundry Room Makeover
- Blue and White Laundry Room Update with PaintThe New Year, New Refresh challenge week 3 progress for my blue and white laundry room with paint and wallpaper update. Well friend, I actually made good progress this week. … Read More about Blue and White Laundry Room Update with Paint
- An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and DryerAdd a DIY shelf behind your washer and dryer with this simple tutorial and hide the hoses while adding extra storage. Welcome back to the New Year, New Refresh where … Read More about An Easy DIY Shelf for Behind the Washer and Dryer
- A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy UpdatesFind easy ways to add color and style to your laundry room refresh with materials you already have in the New Year New Room Refresh challenge. Happy New Year! There’s … Read More about A Laundry Room Refresh with Easy Updates