Use dollar store supplies and house items to create Modern and pretty St Patty’s decor in minutes with these simple DIYs.
As with most holidays, seasonal decor can be expensive, time-consuming, and accumulate into clutter. Make the most of what you have and shop the dollar store or raid your crafting stash and home decor to make fun and unique St Patty’s decor this year.
Modern St Patty’s Decor and DIYs
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (and hopefully warmer Spring weather)! Just like most holidays, my philosophy for decor is less is more. Well-thought-out and placed holiday DIYs and appropriate colors and textures can put a festive touch in your home without going overboard. I put together a list of my favorite modern St Patrick’s’ day decor and DIYs that I’ve done in the past.
- Make a St Patty’s faux succulent door hanging with shamrock bunting using dollar store supplies. Using faux succulents for a filler and ombre shamrocks gives it a more modern flare.
- Create seasonal vignettes with items already in your house. Grouping together green plants with black and white touches is a fun way to incorporate St Patrick’s holiday without taking it literally or too seriously. What a glorious color combo! This vignette was part of the 2016 St Patrick’s Day home tour.
The color combo is carried throughout the living space with floral accents to make transitioning into Spring decor easy.
- This cute little gold shamrock was a quick cut out from metallic tape and put on a succulent pot. Charming! Try this with green painter’s tape for DIY shamrock sticker.
- Create a DIY gold leaf shamrock art piece to put in an existing picture frame. Layer with green and other Spring colors for a seasonal vignette. A stack of green books, sea glass, gold frame, and shamrock art create this light and pretty setting.
- Try this easy black and gold art DIY. Use metallic tape to create a couple of strips on a piece of black construction paper. Place in a gold frame and you have modern art that looks more much more expensive then the pennies it cost to make. Don’t you love a simple DIY that creates a large impact?
- Create a “lucky accent” with polymer clay for a DIY gold horseshoe that can stay out all year. If you don’t have polymer clay, try a DIY salt dough recipe for crafts.
Find more modern St Patty’s DIYs in this fun round-up post.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- How to Make Custom Curtains Without SewingLearn how to make beautiful custom curtains without sewing with this easy tutorial including step by step instructions and video. This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are … Read More about 5 Easy St Patty’s Decor Ideas that Will Make You Smile
- Easy Ideas for Beautiful Covered Outdoor Living SpacesUse these simple decorating ideas for creating a beautiful space in your covered outdoor living areas. Enjoy an outside retreat while you are at home. This post is sponsored by … Read More about 5 Easy St Patty’s Decor Ideas that Will Make You Smile
- The Best Ceiling Fans for BedroomsWhy I love Fanimation as the best ceiling fans for bedrooms and a list of my favorite modern ceiling fans with and without lights. This post is sponsored by Fanimation. … Read More about 5 Easy St Patty’s Decor Ideas that Will Make You Smile
- How to Hang Prepasted Wallpaper by YourselfFollow these easy steps to prep and hang prepasted wallpaper by yourself. Change your room instantly with a mural or patterned wallpaper. I’m here to tell you it is easier … Read More about 5 Easy St Patty’s Decor Ideas that Will Make You Smile
- Easy Tips on How to Create a Colorful Bedroom Mood BoardLearn how to create a colorful bedroom mood board the easy way with a few simple steps for planning a makeover, a digital mood board, and budgeting. I’m not going … Read More about 5 Easy St Patty’s Decor Ideas that Will Make You Smile
Looking for help in the decorating department? Check out my FREE five-day email decorating course gives you the tools to learn all about how to decorate with inspiration, decorating and organizational tips and tricks, and related worksheets. Sign up now and receive our weekly newsletter, access to a growing library of printable art, and exclusive offers only for subscribers.