Use dollar store supplies and house items to create Modern and pretty St Patty’s decor in minutes with these simple DIYs.
As with most holidays, seasonal decor can be expensive, time-consuming, and accumulate into clutter. Make the most of what you have and shop the dollar store or raid your crafting stash and home decor to make fun and unique St Patty’s decor this year.
Modern St Patty’s Decor and DIYs
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (and hopefully warmer Spring weather)! Just like most holidays, my philosophy for decor is less is more. Well-thought-out and placed holiday DIYs and appropriate colors and textures can put a festive touch in your home without going overboard. I put together a list of my favorite modern St Patrick’s’ day decor and DIYs that I’ve done in the past.
- Make a St Patty’s faux succulent door hanging with shamrock bunting using dollar store supplies. Using faux succulents for a filler and ombre shamrocks gives it a more modern flare.
- Create seasonal vignettes with items already in your house. Grouping together green plants with black and white touches is a fun way to incorporate St Patrick’s holiday without taking it literally or too seriously. What a glorious color combo! This vignette was part of the 2016 St Patrick’s Day home tour.
The color combo is carried throughout the living space with floral accents to make transitioning into Spring decor easy.
- This cute little gold shamrock was a quick cut out from metallic tape and put on a succulent pot. Charming! Try this with green painter’s tape for DIY shamrock sticker.
- Create a DIY gold leaf shamrock art piece to put in an existing picture frame. Layer with green and other Spring colors for a seasonal vignette. A stack of green books, sea glass, gold frame, and shamrock art create this light and pretty setting.
- Try this easy black and gold art DIY. Use metallic tape to create a couple of strips on a piece of black construction paper. Place in a gold frame and you have modern art that looks more much more expensive then the pennies it cost to make. Don’t you love a simple DIY that creates a large impact?
- Create a “lucky accent” with polymer clay for a DIY gold horseshoe that can stay out all year. If you don’t have polymer clay, try a DIY salt dough recipe for crafts.
Find more modern St Patty’s DIYs in this fun round-up post.
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern,…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do…