Use dollar store supplies and house items to create Modern and pretty St Patty’s decor in minutes with these simple DIYs.
As with most holidays, seasonal decor can be expensive, time-consuming, and accumulate into clutter. Make the most of what you have and shop the dollar store or raid your crafting stash and home decor to make fun and unique St Patty’s decor this year.
Modern St Patty’s Decor and DIYs
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (and hopefully warmer Spring weather)! Just like most holidays, my philosophy for decor is less is more. Well-thought-out and placed holiday DIYs and appropriate colors and textures can put a festive touch in your home without going overboard. I put together a list of my favorite modern St Patrick’s’ day decor and DIYs that I’ve done in the past.
- Make a St Patty’s faux succulent door hanging with shamrock bunting using dollar store supplies. Using faux succulents for a filler and ombre shamrocks gives it a more modern flare.
- Create seasonal vignettes with items already in your house. Grouping together green plants with black and white touches is a fun way to incorporate St Patrick’s holiday without taking it literally or too seriously. What a glorious color combo! This vignette was part of the 2016 St Patrick’s Day home tour.
The color combo is carried throughout the living space with floral accents to make transitioning into Spring decor easy.
- This cute little gold shamrock was a quick cut out from metallic tape and put on a succulent pot. Charming! Try this with green painter’s tape for DIY shamrock sticker.
- Create a DIY gold leaf shamrock art piece to put in an existing picture frame. Layer with green and other Spring colors for a seasonal vignette. A stack of green books, sea glass, gold frame, and shamrock art create this light and pretty setting.
- Try this easy black and gold art DIY. Use metallic tape to create a couple of strips on a piece of black construction paper. Place in a gold frame and you have modern art that looks more much more expensive then the pennies it cost to make. Don’t you love a simple DIY that creates a large impact?
- Create a “lucky accent” with polymer clay for a DIY gold horseshoe that can stay out all year. If you don’t have polymer clay, try a DIY salt dough recipe for crafts.
Find more modern St Patty’s DIYs in this fun round-up post.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateA One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I love … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art
- How Colorful Interiors Inspire My LifestyleMy maximalist summer home tour with a look at home decor lifestyle tips for everyday use in the office and piano studio. I love finding new and creative ways to … Read More about How Colorful Interiors Inspire My Lifestyle