Use dollar store supplies and house items to create Modern and pretty St Patty’s decor in minutes with these simple DIYs.
As with most holidays, seasonal decor can be expensive, time-consuming, and accumulate into clutter. Make the most of what you have and shop the dollar store or raid your crafting stash and home decor to make fun and unique St Patty’s decor this year.
Modern St Patty’s Decor and DIYs
St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner (and hopefully warmer Spring weather)! Just like most holidays, my philosophy for decor is less is more. Well-thought-out and placed holiday DIYs and appropriate colors and textures can put a festive touch in your home without going overboard. I put together a list of my favorite modern St Patrick’s’ day decor and DIYs that I’ve done in the past.
- Make a St Patty’s faux succulent door hanging with shamrock bunting using dollar store supplies. Using faux succulents for a filler and ombre shamrocks gives it a more modern flare.
- Create seasonal vignettes with items already in your house. Grouping together green plants with black and white touches is a fun way to incorporate St Patrick’s holiday without taking it literally or too seriously. What a glorious color combo! This vignette was part of the 2016 St Patrick’s Day home tour.
The color combo is carried throughout the living space with floral accents to make transitioning into Spring decor easy.
- This cute little gold shamrock was a quick cut out from metallic tape and put on a succulent pot. Charming! Try this with green painter’s tape for DIY shamrock sticker.
- Create a DIY gold leaf shamrock art piece to put in an existing picture frame. Layer with green and other Spring colors for a seasonal vignette. A stack of green books, sea glass, gold frame, and shamrock art create this light and pretty setting.
- Try this easy black and gold art DIY. Use metallic tape to create a couple of strips on a piece of black construction paper. Place in a gold frame and you have modern art that looks more much more expensive then the pennies it cost to make. Don’t you love a simple DIY that creates a large impact?
- Create a “lucky accent” with polymer clay for a DIY gold horseshoe that can stay out all year. If you don’t have polymer clay, try a DIY salt dough recipe for crafts.
Find more modern St Patty’s DIYs in this fun round-up post.
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes