A botanical print, copper and wood tones, and a colorful rug gives a rental kitchen makeover a global eclectic vibe.
Hello, hello! What a month. I’m so pleased with the progress we’ve made in our new Japanese rental home. A huge thanks to the challenges I participated in this month.
Last week, I shared the $100 room makeover featuring our global eclectic master bedroom, and today it’s time for the New Year, New Room Refresh Reveal hosted by Casa Watkins Living.
A Global Eclectic Rental Kitchen Makeover
This post contains some affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You still pay the same price but I receive a small commission. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
First, let’s revisit the inspiration board.
The space is very small but I managed to squeeze in enough elements to get the global eclectic style I was after. Looking at the before and afters, I’m kind of shocked what the difference between the few changes made!
I wanted to break up the dull tile and cabinets with warm wood tones, copper, and a fun botanical print. I used many of the same copper accents in our last kitchen, like chalkboard and copper seasoning jars and DIY Ikea glass canisters.
We were lucky to find a wood kitchen cart at the local thrift store. I changed the wood knob to a brass pull and hung a pineapple print from Minted. Command strips are working so far on the tile so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Here’s a close-up of our fish oven. It’s very common in traditional Japanese homes. I have yet, however, cooked fish in it. The black countertop oven to the right is what I bake in. A full-size casserole dish fits in it, so I’m happy. 🙂
Having the kitchen cart and pots and pans rack really helped open up countertop space and create more storage.
When we first walked through this house, I knew immediately that I wanted a bold wallpaper in this space. The kitchen is so dark but opens up to a bright living area. Thanks to a gorgeous peel and stick option, I was able to achieve the look I was going for!
It feels much more cohesive now. Especially with plants carrying the green hues throughout the house! I can’t wait to show you a complete tour of this floor. It’s super cute! A little boho and definitely global eclectic.
Here’s the view, looking out into the piano studio/living area from the kitchen sink.
The only thing on the to-do list I wasn’t able to complete was to replace the cabinet hardware with repurposed copper hardware from our last rental kitchen. Unfortunately, the size was too small.
If you love the vibe in this small space, you can achieve a similar look with this shopping guide.
- kitchen bar cart | 2. copper pulls | 3. IKEA rail | 4. copper pots and pans | 5. bohemian pink rug | 6. herb garden removable wallpaper | 7. gripperwood cutting board
Please join me in visiting all the other amazing reveals of these talented bloggers! I can’t wait!
Casa Watkins Living // A Designer At Home // Bigger Than The Three Of Us // Domicile 37 // Fresh Crush // Iris Nacole // Monica Wants It // Pocketful of Posies // Seeking Lavender Lane // Sharon Joyce Interiors // This Is Our Bliss // Up To Date Interiors // Vintage Romance Style
A huge thanks to these sponsors for helping us achieve our to-do lists for this challenge!
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…