Dress up your bedrooms with these beautiful vintage style Christmas decorations ideas for adult and kids rooms.
Are you a fan of vintage holiday decor? I love how easy it is to find old fashion tinsel and bottle brush trees and today I’m going to show you how I used them in our bedrooms for a retro boho vibe in our Christmas home tour part two.
Vintage Style Christmas Decorations in the Bedrooms
Welcome to Day 11 of A Very Global Christmas where Casa Watkins Living and I are sharing twelve days of globally inspired Christmas DIYs, decorating tips, and entertaining ideas! At the beginning of the series we shared part of our holiday home decor and today we are bringing you more inspiration.
Did you know that tinsel originated in Germany? It comes from the Old French word estincele, meaning “sparkle”. It must be why I love tinsel trees so much. Who doesn’t want to add sparkle to their holiday decor? The material began as crushed silver but has come a long way since and is now available in every color of the rainbow.
I’ve had a champagne color tabletop tinsel tree for years now and enjoy decorating it in a new way each time. It’s perfect for small spaces! This year I decided to use it in our master bedroom and decorate it with a monochromatic color scheme to match our boho global bedding. Last year it was adorned with vintage ornaments and sat in an antique ceramic container.
I love that it is the first thing you see when coming down the hall towards our room. It really catches your eye! The tree is in an antique silver dish that was my grandmother’s. I weighed down the base with pieces of shells and coral to prevent the tree from tipping over. The juxtaposition of the antique bowl, vintage tree, and modern ornaments is fabulous.
The acrylic sculpture was a Dallas antique find this year and the botanical prints were super inexpensive on eBay.
Here is the view from the other side of the room. This space is on my to-do list for makeovers but I don’t mind it so much now that it is featuring a gorgeous mural from Anthropologie. I still have big plans for every square inch!
You can see how well the wallpaper gets along with the Asian textiles. The style I want for this room is tropical Asia. I fell in love with Bangkok and Okinawa while we lived in Japan and they heavily influence my decorating decisions. You can see how I use them as inspiration for our open concept eclectic glam living areas. I’m sure you can relate with a fond memory of a place or trip! It is so much fun to translate it into your home style.
Our little on-suite received a festive treatment with my DIY boho wreath and a dish full of ornaments. Just enough Christmas for such a small space. With my Aunt’s painting, it didn’t need much else.
The rest of our smaller trees are in my daughter’s room. Anything looks great on the pale pink walls with the whimsical bird wallpaper. It makes the room fun to decorate. At least when it is clean!
A collection of bottle brush trees create a cute forest for brass animals on the Ikea turned storage cabinet.
A couple of winter bunnies are out with some beautiful global pillows from last year’s New Year New Room Refresh.
The last bit of Christmas making for my daughter’s room is the DIY advent calendar for kids I shared last week! We’ve had fun with the first couple of activities.
And that concludes our home tour! If you want to see the rest of the home make sure to check out an elegant Christmas tour with decorating tips and how to decorate a Christmas table with a table runner and decor. You can find all of my holiday decorating ideas and DIYs on this page.
Now let’s go visit Casa Watkins Living to see the second part of her Christmas home tour!
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art