I was super excited and honored when Ursula from Home Made by Carmona asked me to be a part of Organize Me Pretty series. Her home and blog is so elegant and gorgeous and all of the bloggers participating in this series are amazingly talented. If you haven’t seen Ursula’s blog yet, please go and check it out!
Most of you know we live in a rental with restrictions (even to paint colors!), but in the 28 months we have lived here, our home has turned into a space we love. (For more of the “love your space” philosophy, click here.) I’m constantly looking for ways for organize and repurpose with what we have. Our living room is what gets used most often.
It’s my piano studio. A repurposed wooden tray and candle holder organizes stickers, pencils, and flash cards.It’s my blogging “office”. The middle drawer houses my lap top and blogging planner when not in use. I also store my camera, glue gun, sewing kit, and stationary in the other drawers.Bills and other paper work are stored in a DIY file basket next to my desk. If it has to be out, it has to be pretty! Having the file basket also eliminates paper clutter since it is out and ready to use.It’s our reading nook with plenty of storage for music books and a basket by the door “intended” for backpacks and shoes. I’m usually the one to put them in though. 😉
More music is stored in our sofa table.Even toy storage is included in our living room. (Legos are hidden in the IKEA blue pail.)Our kitchen is very little so I used a few containers to organize my most common kitchen items. An old wooden coke tray holds our spices. Our cake stand corrals condiments, dish soap, and measuring cups when not in use (which is most of the time!). Our every day utensils are stored in a ceramic pitcher.We have a little bathroom too. Big surprise. 😉 It has one of my most favorite organizing ideas, a wine rack for towels.My most recent organization is for jewelry. Daphne came home to live with us this summer. She wears my beaded necklaces. 😉
I also found vintage drawer pulls to hold more jewelry next to our full length mirror and closet. Having my jewelry displayed has made a difference on how often I wear it.
Make sure and check out the rest of the lovely ladies.
Monday, Oct. 6th | Home Made by Carmona
Tuesday, Oct. 7th | A Thoughtful Place
Wednesday, Oct. 8th | Primitive & Proper
Thursday, Oct. 9th | Oh Everything Handmade
Friday, Oct. 10th | Up To Date Interiors
Saturday, Oct. 11th | Delineate Your Dwelling
Sunday, Oct. 12th | Life On Virginia Street
Monday, Oct. 13th | with HEART
Tuesday, Oct. 14th | The Blissful Bee
Wednesday, Oct. 15th | Cuckoo 4 Design
Thursday, Oct. 16th | Place Of My Taste
Friday, Oct. 17th | A Home Full of Color
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to TryFind inspiration and tips for small ensuite bathroom ideas with current trends mixed with classic designs for this ORC update. I’m sure you and I have both dreamed of having … Read More about Beautiful and Small Ensuite Bathroom Ideas to Try
- How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom DesignDo you struggle with what to do with your small ensuite design? Follow me as I transform a little bathroom in 8 short weeks for the One Room Challenge. One … Read More about How to Work with a Small Ensuite Bathroom Design
- Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and BlueFind inspiration for bedroom decorating with green and blue accents in light hues with a maximalist style for summer. Have you ever finished decorating a room and then tweaked it … Read More about Easy Summer Bedroom Decorating with Green and Blue
- It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating IdeasJoin the Bloggers Best Spring Home Tours all week and see how I’ve decorated the second half of my eclectic home for this seasonal tour. Howdy! I can officially wish … Read More about It’s Time for a Spring Eclectic Home Tour with Easy Decorating Ideas
- Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 MinutesMake a beautiful flower garland with fairy lights, flowers, and floral wire for a unique Spring decorating accessory! I adore coming up with a quick seasonal DIY using crafting supplies … Read More about Make DIY Flower Garland with Fairy Lights in 5 Minutes