I was super excited and honored when Ursula from Home Made by Carmona asked me to be a part of Organize Me Pretty series. Her home and blog is so elegant and gorgeous and all of the bloggers participating in this series are amazingly talented. If you haven’t seen Ursula’s blog yet, please go and check it out!
Most of you know we live in a rental with restrictions (even to paint colors!), but in the 28 months we have lived here, our home has turned into a space we love. (For more of the “love your space” philosophy, click here.) I’m constantly looking for ways for organize and repurpose with what we have. Our living room is what gets used most often.
It’s my piano studio. A repurposed wooden tray and candle holder organizes stickers, pencils, and flash cards.It’s my blogging “office”. The middle drawer houses my lap top and blogging planner when not in use. I also store my camera, glue gun, sewing kit, and stationary in the other drawers.Bills and other paper work are stored in a DIY file basket next to my desk. If it has to be out, it has to be pretty! Having the file basket also eliminates paper clutter since it is out and ready to use.It’s our reading nook with plenty of storage for music books and a basket by the door “intended” for backpacks and shoes. I’m usually the one to put them in though. 😉
More music is stored in our sofa table.Even toy storage is included in our living room. (Legos are hidden in the IKEA blue pail.)Our kitchen is very little so I used a few containers to organize my most common kitchen items. An old wooden coke tray holds our spices. Our cake stand corrals condiments, dish soap, and measuring cups when not in use (which is most of the time!). Our every day utensils are stored in a ceramic pitcher.We have a little bathroom too. Big surprise. 😉 It has one of my most favorite organizing ideas, a wine rack for towels.My most recent organization is for jewelry. Daphne came home to live with us this summer. She wears my beaded necklaces. 😉
I also found vintage drawer pulls to hold more jewelry next to our full length mirror and closet. Having my jewelry displayed has made a difference on how often I wear it.
Make sure and check out the rest of the lovely ladies.
Monday, Oct. 6th | Home Made by Carmona
Tuesday, Oct. 7th | A Thoughtful Place
Wednesday, Oct. 8th | Primitive & Proper
Thursday, Oct. 9th | Oh Everything Handmade
Friday, Oct. 10th | Up To Date Interiors
Saturday, Oct. 11th | Delineate Your Dwelling
Sunday, Oct. 12th | Life On Virginia Street
Monday, Oct. 13th | with HEART
Tuesday, Oct. 14th | The Blissful Bee
Wednesday, Oct. 15th | Cuckoo 4 Design
Thursday, Oct. 16th | Place Of My Taste
Friday, Oct. 17th | A Home Full of Color
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for FallFind simple decorating ideas for Fall by repurposing what you have in this colorful and eclectic home tour with maximalist style. The first official day of Fall is just around … Read More about A Beautiful Colorful and Eclectic Home Tour for Fall
- See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden AccentsCheck out our One Room Challenge white and grey bathroom makeover with colorful garden wallpaper and accents for our small master ensuite. When the world wearies and society fails to … Read More about See A Colorful White and Grey Bathroom with Garden Accents
- Bathroom One Room Challenge UpdateAn One Room Challenge small ensuite bathroom update for week seven. A race to the finish line as is just getting started. Hey there! I can’t believe we are at … Read More about Bathroom One Room Challenge Update
- Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms DecoratingSummer decorating ideas for small, open-concept living and dining rooms with colorful and eclectic style. Combo living and dining rooms or open layouts can be tricky to define especially when … Read More about Bright and Colorful Summer Living and Dining Rooms Decorating
- Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and ArtOur small ensuite bathroom mood board update with colorful floral art and a custom light fixture for the One Room Challenge. This post contains sponsored products by brands that I … Read More about Ensuite Bathroom Updated Mood Board and Art