I was super excited and honored when Ursula from Home Made by Carmona asked me to be a part of Organize Me Pretty series. Her home and blog is so elegant and gorgeous and all of the bloggers participating in this series are amazingly talented. If you haven’t seen Ursula’s blog yet, please go and check it out!
Most of you know we live in a rental with restrictions (even to paint colors!), but in the 28 months we have lived here, our home has turned into a space we love. (For more of the “love your space” philosophy, click here.) I’m constantly looking for ways for organize and repurpose with what we have. Our living room is what gets used most often.
It’s my piano studio. A repurposed wooden tray and candle holder organizes stickers, pencils, and flash cards.It’s my blogging “office”. The middle drawer houses my lap top and blogging planner when not in use. I also store my camera, glue gun, sewing kit, and stationary in the other drawers.Bills and other paper work are stored in a DIY file basket next to my desk. If it has to be out, it has to be pretty! Having the file basket also eliminates paper clutter since it is out and ready to use.It’s our reading nook with plenty of storage for music books and a basket by the door “intended” for backpacks and shoes. I’m usually the one to put them in though. 😉
More music is stored in our sofa table.Even toy storage is included in our living room. (Legos are hidden in the IKEA blue pail.)Our kitchen is very little so I used a few containers to organize my most common kitchen items. An old wooden coke tray holds our spices. Our cake stand corrals condiments, dish soap, and measuring cups when not in use (which is most of the time!). Our every day utensils are stored in a ceramic pitcher.We have a little bathroom too. Big surprise. 😉 It has one of my most favorite organizing ideas, a wine rack for towels.My most recent organization is for jewelry. Daphne came home to live with us this summer. She wears my beaded necklaces. 😉
I also found vintage drawer pulls to hold more jewelry next to our full length mirror and closet. Having my jewelry displayed has made a difference on how often I wear it.
Make sure and check out the rest of the lovely ladies.
Monday, Oct. 6th | Home Made by Carmona
Tuesday, Oct. 7th | A Thoughtful Place
Wednesday, Oct. 8th | Primitive & Proper
Thursday, Oct. 9th | Oh Everything Handmade
Friday, Oct. 10th | Up To Date Interiors
Saturday, Oct. 11th | Delineate Your Dwelling
Sunday, Oct. 12th | Life On Virginia Street
Monday, Oct. 13th | with HEART
Tuesday, Oct. 14th | The Blissful Bee
Wednesday, Oct. 15th | Cuckoo 4 Design
Thursday, Oct. 16th | Place Of My Taste
Friday, Oct. 17th | A Home Full of Color
Make sure to check out the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter! You’ll find loads of information with free checklists and cheatsheets.
- What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the HallwayWhat is dado railing? Learn more about this common molding and a creative way on how to easily update a boring hallway. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New … Read More about What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the Hallway
- Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware IdeasOur hallways are getting a refresh this month and I’m narrowing down choices for blue hallway runners and light and hardware this week. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year … Read More about Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware Ideas
- Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before PicturesCheck out what I have planned to turn a dark hallway into a colorful are gallery in just four weeks for the New Year New Room Refresh. Happy New Year! … Read More about Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before Pictures
- A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYsWelcome to our maximalist holiday house tour full of globally inspired DIYs, floral, fruit, and garland mixed with colorful room designs. Greetings friend! I’m thrilled to be joining my talented … Read More about A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYs
- How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDFPrint out your own free Christmas carols PDF and turn it into a caroling booklet with a beautiful cover and binding. Christmas Caroling has been around for centuries! Is there … Read More about How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDF