I was super excited and honored when Ursula from Home Made by Carmona asked me to be a part of Organize Me Pretty series. Her home and blog is so elegant and gorgeous and all of the bloggers participating in this series are amazingly talented. If you haven’t seen Ursula’s blog yet, please go and check it out!
Most of you know we live in a rental with restrictions (even to paint colors!), but in the 28 months we have lived here, our home has turned into a space we love. (For more of the “love your space” philosophy, click here.) I’m constantly looking for ways for organize and repurpose with what we have. Our living room is what gets used most often.
It’s my piano studio. A repurposed wooden tray and candle holder organizes stickers, pencils, and flash cards.It’s my blogging “office”. The middle drawer houses my lap top and blogging planner when not in use. I also store my camera, glue gun, sewing kit, and stationary in the other drawers.Bills and other paper work are stored in a DIY file basket next to my desk. If it has to be out, it has to be pretty! Having the file basket also eliminates paper clutter since it is out and ready to use.It’s our reading nook with plenty of storage for music books and a basket by the door “intended” for backpacks and shoes. I’m usually the one to put them in though. 😉
More music is stored in our sofa table.Even toy storage is included in our living room. (Legos are hidden in the IKEA blue pail.)Our kitchen is very little so I used a few containers to organize my most common kitchen items. An old wooden coke tray holds our spices. Our cake stand corrals condiments, dish soap, and measuring cups when not in use (which is most of the time!). Our every day utensils are stored in a ceramic pitcher.We have a little bathroom too. Big surprise. 😉 It has one of my most favorite organizing ideas, a wine rack for towels.My most recent organization is for jewelry. Daphne came home to live with us this summer. She wears my beaded necklaces. 😉
I also found vintage drawer pulls to hold more jewelry next to our full length mirror and closet. Having my jewelry displayed has made a difference on how often I wear it.
Make sure and check out the rest of the lovely ladies.
Monday, Oct. 6th | Home Made by Carmona
Tuesday, Oct. 7th | A Thoughtful Place
Wednesday, Oct. 8th | Primitive & Proper
Thursday, Oct. 9th | Oh Everything Handmade
Friday, Oct. 10th | Up To Date Interiors
Saturday, Oct. 11th | Delineate Your Dwelling
Sunday, Oct. 12th | Life On Virginia Street
Monday, Oct. 13th | with HEART
Tuesday, Oct. 14th | The Blissful Bee
Wednesday, Oct. 15th | Cuckoo 4 Design
Thursday, Oct. 16th | Place Of My Taste
Friday, Oct. 17th | A Home Full of Color
You can find all the best decorating ideas and DIYs for Spring and Easter on this page! It also includes seasonal printables and checklists and worksheets for Spring decluttering and organizing.
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern,…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do…