Why I love Fanimation as the best ceiling fans for bedrooms and a list of my favorite modern ceiling fans with and without lights.
This post is sponsored by Fanimation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We are right in the middle of updating our master bedroom and I’m not sure if it is cabin fever, pleasant weather, or my hubby being johnny on the spot but we made a lot of progress this week. Not only did we install a new ceiling fan in our master bedroom but also updated the kids’ rooms with the same fan style in different finishes and completed some long-overdue projects.
The Best Ceiling Fans for Bedrooms
Great for small spaces and low ceilings!
Welcome to the One Room Challenge: Week 3! I’m making over our master bedroom with ensuite bathroom in 8 weeks along with many other feature designers and guest participants. I’ve shared how easy it is to create a colorful bedroom mood board and how to install pre-pasted wallpaper by yourself. Today is about finding the right ceiling fan for your bedroom.
Here’s the complete list of posts for this challenge:
- Easy Tips for Creating a Colorful Bedroom Mood Board
- How to Install Pre-Pasted Wallpaper All by Yourself
- Finding the Right Ceiling Fan for Your Bedroom and Modern Ceiling Fan Ideas
- Make Gorgeous No-sew Curtains
- Create a No-sew Bed Skirt with Fringe
- How to Remove a Tile Backsplash without Damaging Your Drywall
- How do Create a Parisian Chic Bedroom (with ensuite)
Why I love Fanimation’s Spitfire
I had the opportunity to partner with Fanimation last year for our living room One Room Challenge. We live in a relatively small single-story ranch home with 8 ft ceilings and not much natural light. Every design decision I make is to make the space feel bigger and brighter. Fanimation had many beautiful contemporary options with the appropriate size ceiling fans but here is why I chose the Spitfire model.
- Minimal but elegant design
- Low profile
- Options for a light, flush-mount, and remote control
- Different size fan blades and down rods for different size rooms
- Beautiful finishes for the motor, fans, and lights
I stayted consistant with the fan model for our three bedrooms. Our master bedroom has the same fan as the living room with a white motor and white fan blades. What a difference it makes! It is much quieter and I sleep more soundly now. Here is the before and after.
And here is a before and after of the same fan installed in our living room last year.
I chose a beautiful gold finish motor and white blades for our daughter’s room. Here’s the old fan.
And with Fanimation’s Spitfire. Updating the fan and hemming the curtains that have been held with straight pins for a year were the last two updates I needed for her room.
In our son’s room I went with a white base, natural fan blades, and clear light cover.
We also added a seating area for gaming/tv, new window treatments and rug from other rooms, paint touch up, and a deep clean and organization.
Fanimation has so many beautiful options. Here are some of my favorites that I would be proud to have in our home.
Our bedroom feels so much bigger and brighter with our beautiful fan update.
Time to tackle the rest of the to-do list for the One Room Challenge! A huge thanks to all of the sponsors.
BATHROOM AND BEDROOM PLANS
Bathroom to-do list:
- Update light fixture-minimum remove shades and put in decorative bulbs, maybe turn the fixture around.
- Build a floating wood frame for art.
- Remove old backsplash, repair, and paint.
- Put in ceiling tin as the backsplash.
- Replace faucet with modern black faucet.
- Paint the toilet handle black.
- Build and install a window cornice box.
- Remove shower door, repair, and fill holes.
- Sew custom shower curtain and hang.
- Add a new bath mat and tassel.
Bedroom to-do list:
Swap dressers and remove bookcase for a bigger space. Replace ceiling fan (and two additional bedroom fans). Repair and paint the walls and molding white. Takedown bed and use the frame with attached DIY legs for a new bed.
- Build and install a new upholstered headboard with green velvet fabric.
- Sew and hang curtain panels.
- Build and install a window cornice box.
- Sew a bed skirt.
Add new bedding.
- Install gallery wall around tv.
- Hang statement piece above the tall chest and replace pulls.
- Style the room.