Try this Dollar Tree DIY Valentine wreath with white and gold roses for a cute and modern holiday door adornment.
It’s time to get out of the winter blues and create something for Valentine’s day, my friend! So head to your local dollar store, raid your crafting stash, and make a beautiful DIY Valentine Wreath with me.
White Rose DIY Valentine Wreath with Dollar Tree Flowers
This white rose wreath is simple to make and a nice alternative to traditional reds and pinks for Valentine’s Day decor. I think it would be especially stunning against a snowy white background.
You can repurpose floral stems you may already have or grab flowers and a grapevine wreath form from the dollar store. What makes this wreath custom is what we are going to do with the leaves! Are you ready?
Dollar Tree Valentine Wreath Supplies:
I’m linking the materials to similar items from Dollar Tree and Amazon for your shopping convenience in case you don’t have a Dollar store nearby or it’s too cold to get out!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convince to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
- Bamboo Wreath Form
- Flowers – I used Dollar Tree white roses plus repurposed 3 larger roses but you can use all of one type if you prefer.
- Gold spray paint
- Hot glue gun and sticks (This one is my favorite!)
- Chalkboard sign
- Jute Twine
- Wreath hanger
DIY Valentine Rose Wreath Steps:
- Remove the leaves and stems off of the flower heads. The white roses from the Dollar Tree did not fall apart but depending on what stems you are using, you may need to cut off the stem with wire cutters and/or secure the petals with a dot of hot glue if you they feel loose after removing the flower head.
- Lay out your leaves and stems outside or in a well ventilated area on newspaper or cardboard. Shake your spray paint can for roughly 60 seconds. Hold the can 12-18 inches away and paint the leaves and stems gold moving the can side to side smoothly and evenly. A couple of light layers are better than a thick layer to avoid drips. Turn over the leaves and stems after they are dry to the touch (should only take a few minutes) and spray the other side gold in the same fashion. Let them completely dry. (About an hour.)
- Reassemble the roses with the gold leaves and stems. Trim off long stems if you still have them, lay out your roses on your wreath and adjust until you like the way it looks. Add in three larger flowers or roses for an embellishment. Secure each flower in place with a dime size amount of hot glue on the bottom of the flower head. Alternatively, you can leave more of the stem and stick the stem into the wreath form and secure with hot glue or wire if needed. Hang and enjoy!
I knew the gold and white would give this little wreath a fresh update but still look sweet for Valentine’s Day. I decided to use a little chalkboard sign I had and drew a heart and arrow and hung it in the middle of the wreath.
The little chalkboard sign I picked up in a cute boutique in Kirkland, WA but you could easily find one (or make one) from your local craft store. The larger roses I repurposed came from a large wreath my grandmother no longer wanted.
The wreath hanger got a quick makeover by wrapping jute twine from bottom to top for a fun texture. Use can use hot glue to secure ends in place and to prevent unraveling.
I also love the idea of heart-shaped wreaths. Check out this cute dollar store wreath from South Lumina Style or this fluffy heart-shaped wreath from Girl Just DIY.
Here are some of my favorite online picks if you change your mind about the DIY part. 🙂
Join me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes, DIYs, decorating tips, room tours, and home inspiration. I’ll see you over there!
Head over to the winter holidays, DIYs, and decor page for more stories and inspiration!
- What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the HallwayWhat is dado railing? Learn more about this common molding and a creative way on how to easily update a boring hallway. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New Room Refresh challenge hosted by my good friend Casa Watkins Living. Today marks week 3 of this one-month room makeover and I’m excited to share … Read More about What are Dado Rails and How to Use Them in the Hallway
- Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware IdeasOur hallways are getting a refresh this month and I’m narrowing down choices for blue hallway runners and light and hardware this week. Howdy! Welcome back to the New Year New Room Refresh hosted by Casa Watkins Living where 12 bloggers are making over a room in four short weeks. I had so much fun … Read More about Beautiful Blue Hallway Runner and Gold Light and Hardware Ideas
- Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before PicturesCheck out what I have planned to turn a dark hallway into a colorful are gallery in just four weeks for the New Year New Room Refresh. Happy New Year! I can’t believe it is already time for another New Year New Room Refresh. This fun challenge is hosted by my dear friend Casa Watkins … Read More about Colorful Art Gallery Hallway Makeover Plans and Before Pictures
- A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYsWelcome to our maximalist holiday house tour full of globally inspired DIYs, floral, fruit, and garland mixed with colorful room designs. Greetings friend! I’m thrilled to be joining my talented friends in sharing our Christmas home tours with you all week. This festive seasonal blog hop is hosted by Marty from A Stroll through Life … Read More about A Maximalist Holiday House Tour with Easy DIYs
- How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDFPrint out your own free Christmas carols PDF and turn it into a caroling booklet with a beautiful cover and binding. Christmas Caroling has been around for centuries! Is there a more fun way to celebrate the holiday than singing favorite Christmas tunes with family and friends to spread joy and cheer? DIY Christmas Carols … Read More about How to Make a Free Caroling Booklet with a Christmas Carols PDF