Hello friends. I was hoping to show the rest of our kitchen cabinet makeover with you today but it involves a little painting and it’s been rainy around here. Boo.
So, I decided to share with you some living rooms that I absolutely adore and why they drew me in. It was hard to only choose 10 but these are ones that have been in my memory for awhile.
1. Living room in a Scandinavian style
- The architecture of this room is glorious but you can use the rustic and chic elements in any space.
- Camel leather and white always go together in my book.
- The mix of patterned pillows work well together because apart from the red, they all have neutral tones.
- The modern and antique accessories add playful interest.
2. Designer Emily Wright and partner Robert Dubaul’s home in Melbourne.
- Again, I was drawn to the mix of a camel color leather couch and white sofa. (A dream of mine is to own a pair!)
- Light wood ceiling with white walls and natural trim is fresh and airy.
- Adding a collection of plants to the room always makes it feel more warm and lived in.
- An eclectic blend of pillows, rugs, and other textiles keep the space not to serious.
3. Sara Richardson living room
- I have that chandelier (that’s a good reason to like the space, right?)
- The gallery wall is a simple solution for designing around a tv that has a big impact.
- The dark cabinet for a media stand grounds the space and television.
4. Long living room in Classic Style
- This is my absolute favorite television stand idea. I love how the tv just disappears on the flat-black console/dresser.
- The layout in this long, awkward space is well planned for entertaining and the site lines are great with the low profile furniture.
- Classic furnishings, warm tones, and cool grays create a lovely, grown up space.
- This room will never go out of style!
5. Gold and glam living room
- The colors in this space are so fun and feminine.
- Light window treatments that reach the ceiling keep the room bright and tall.
- The mixing of metal is done just right.
- Three garden stools are a creative alternative to a coffee table. They can also double as extra seating for guests.
6. Patriotic living room
- This room is a gorgeous example of how to use red, white, and blue.
- Notice the mix of large and small prints with solids in the textiles. It’s perfect.
- The stools are a practical solution when seating is needed close to the walk ways.
- The acrylic/glass tables is just the right balance with the busy colors and patterns.
7. Nate Berkus neutral living room
- Neutrals don’t have to be boring. This room has tons of personality with the different textures and layers.
- Funky black and white artwork is a great contrast to the traditional furnishings.
- All of the big pieces are placed symmetrically but the different lamps and other accessories keep it from being stuffy.
8. Nate Berkus, can I call this a parlor?
- I design all of our living spaces around my baby grand. This room is lovely inspiration for furniture placement.
- The cowhide bench replaces a traditional piano bench and adds humor.
- Dining arm chairs are a lovely alternative to larger seating in a small area.
- The collections of artwork placed vertically gives the room a taller appearance and adds to the curated feel of this room.
9. Emily Henderson living room
- Welcome back camel color leather and white!
- Fun textures made of fur, metallics, and bold patterns create a young and hip space.
- The white media stand, frames, and bookcases are a lovely backdrop for an eclectic mix of books and accessories.
- Emily has a signature look that always includes thrifted finds, whites, and dark blues. (Did you spot the pouf and vase?) They are full proof elements that you can add into any room.
10. A little Ikea love
- This room stuck out in my head when I styled our foyer bookcases. It shows that you don’t have to have your art gallery hung on the walls!
- The fun pop of green in not overdone but adds a playful element to a relatively neutral space.
- A fun light fixture is an easy way to add a statement piece.
Are any of these rooms on your favorites list? What elements draw you in?
Have a lovely day! My momma and her husband are on their way out here to Okinawa. There’s nothing like family visits when you live half way across the world! BIG SMILES!!