Find a guide to decorating ideas and seasonal DIYs for Fall decor on a budget including Thanksgiving and Halloween holidays.
Gorgeous Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving Decor on a Budget
Hey there friend! Are you looking forward to Fall as much as I am? The Autumn season seems to bring extra excitement with new things to look forward to this year especially. You’ll find all of my best decorating tips and DIY seasonal decor on a budget in this unique guide.
Fall Decor on a Budget
Table of Contents
- 20 Decorating Tips to Get Your House Pinterest-Ready for Fall
- 10 Quick and Easy Autumn DIYs
- How to DIY Beautiful Thanksgiving Decor on a Budget
- So Many Different Ways to Decorate Pumpkins
- A Guide to Modern Halloween Decor
- Fall Category Page
I wish I lived in a world where there are only Octobers.Anne of Green Gables
20 Decorating Tips to Get Your House Pinterest-Ready for Fall
Fall decor doesn’t have to be pricy! Use these budget friendly decorating tips to get your house ready for Fall with items you already have around the house.
- Adorn your front door with a DIY wreath for the season. Check out these unique ideas plus store-bought options.
- Add in natural elements like antlers, rocks, pinecones, berries, and fresh stems to update your coffee table styling.
- Use warm colors and metallics with thrifted decorating accessories or give your existing decor a fresh coat of paint in your favorite warm hue.
- Add a few extra layers of textiles in plaids, florals, and global patterns with your throw pillows and blankets, and read how to make your home hygge.
- Display pumpkins and gourds in pretty containers around the house.
- Switch out white taper candles for moody Fall colors in your candle holders.
- Add soft lighting in your living room corners and bedrooms with small accent lamps.
- Light a Fall scented candle or diffuse autumnal aromas every day.
- Decorate your fireplace mantel and don’t forget the hearth.
- Add more elements to your everyday decor like brass and gold accents to warm up your vignettes.
- Quickly update a gallery wall or foyer with Autumn printable art.
- Add a dramatic centerpiece to your dining table for the season.
- Make sure you have hooks and storage for jackets, scarves, and hats.
- Update patio decor with a few extra blankets and candles for cool evenings.
- Prepare your bathroom for Autumnal spa treatments by displaying bath bombs, lotions, and soaps in pretty containers.
- Place an additional quilt or blanket at the foot of your bed.
- Layer small faux sheepskin furs on your bedroom rugs.
- Drape scarves, light blankets, and table runners in moody or autumn hues over the buffet, coffee, accent, or dining tables for an extra layer of detail. You can also dress up the back of a sofa or chair with one to add a cozy English cottage vibe.
- Replace floral arrangements with dried grass, wheat, or dried flowers.
- Dress your front porch with classic mums or other autumn favorites and throw a slightly larger patterned rug under your doormat.
10 Quick and Easy Autumn DIYs
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convince to brands I love. You still pay the same price but I may earn a small commission.
Head to your nearest dollar tree or craft store to find supplies for these creative Autumn home decor DIY projects on a dime. Or click an image for your shopping convenience.
- Makeover an outdated wall sign with chalkboard paint and easy hand-drawn feather art.
- Add DIY-painted Fall dollar store leaf garland on your mantel or wall for an instant seasonal change.
- Make an eclectic Fall wreath by repurposing an empty frame.
- Use a basket as a unique wreath form with Fall foliage for front door decor.
- Turn seashells into place card holders with this easy DIY for a coastal Fall style.
- Create DIY plaster-dipped Fall leaves with dollar store items.
- Add a nature-inspired Fall wreath with this fun dollar store DIY.
- Turn DIY Plaster flowers into a beautiful centerpiece or wall art.
- Find the best tips and tricks for creating a Pinecone wreath.
- Transform a plain dollar store vase into Autumn decor with a simple painting technique.
How to DIY Beautiful Thanksgiving on a Budget
Setting a beautiful seasonal table can be unique and special each time when using out-of-the-box thinking with your place settings. Check out the posts below for more inexpensive fall decorating ideas.
- Print Colorful Printable Thanksgiving Decor for Your Holiday Table
- Set a Simple and Elegant Thanksgiving Decor with Garland and Wreath
- Create a Gorgeous and Inexpensive Boho Fall Tablescape
- Try a Sweet and Simple Thanksgiving Table
- Check out this Autumn Tablescape and Blog Hop
- Make a Simple Fall Tablescape that’s Japanese Inspired
- Place a Beautiful-Coastal Thanksgiving Table Setting
So Many Different Ways to Decorate Pumpkins
What is Fall without pumpkin decor? Try a new DIY each year to repurpose old pumpkins and stay fresh with seasonal decor. Pick up extra pumpkin stems the next time you are at a pumpkin patch! All you have to do is ask. They are great for these projects.
- How to Make Velvet Pumpkins with Real Pumpkin Stems
- Beautiful and Easy Velvet Pumpkin Decor Ideas
- Faux Heirloom Pumpkins Tutorial for Under $10
- Japanese Umbrella-Inspired Mini Pumpkins
- Quick and Easy Copper Dollar Store Pumpkins Centerpiece
- DIY Gilded Pumpkins and Gourds
A Guide to Modern Halloween Decor
Make Halloween classic and chic with these bespoke modern Halloween decor DIYs on a budget.
- Free Modern Printable Art for Elegant and Easy Halloween Decor
- Pick Your Poison Halloween Printable Art
- How to Create A Modern Halloween Wreath in a Few Simple Steps
- How to Make a Beautiful Table Setting for Halloween
- Cheap and Easy Halloween Decorations
- A Classy Halloween Foyer
- Host a Witches Tea Party DIYs and Printables
- Try a Wicked Inspired Tablescape
- Make a West Elm Inspired Cake Stand
- Create a DIY Pumpkin Tree
- DIY Faux Leather Snake Napkin Holders
- DIY Snake Wreath with Dollar Store Items
I guess you can tell I have fun with the Autumn holidays! You can find more on my Instagram TV channel where you can find Fall home tours, Autumn at Home series, and a thrifted Halloween series. Check out how to transition from Halloween to Thanksgiving in this blog post. Make sure to check your local thrift store for cheap brass figurines, antlers, seasonal decorative containers, and other items on your shopping list.
- How to Make Pillow Covers for Easy Seasonal Decorating on a DimeLearn how to make DIY pillow covers with an easy envelope pillowcase tutorial and change…
- How to Recover Chair Cushions without SewingTake the guesswork out of reupholstering with this easy tutorial for how to recover chair…
- How to Arrange Stacked Coffee Table Books BeautifullyLearn how to decorate with stacked coffee table books on different tables and favorite selections…
- Be Inspired with Neutral Fall Decor Ideas in our Colorful Eclectic HomeNeutral Fall decor doesn’t have to be plain jane. Using natural elements, warm metallics, and…
- See a Colorful Spring Home Tour with Maximalist Interiors and Easy Decorating TipsAre you drawn to maximalist interiors? Find simple decorating tips for creating a colorful room…