Happy November 1st! Can you believe it’s already here? Before you know it, it will be Christmas. Whew! That almost makes me a little anxious yet excited. I actually started on Christmas gifts this week and plan on doing a few home-made gift ideas soon. But, before I get ahead of myself, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it’s time to cozy up our rooms. If you don’t follow Up to Date Interiors on Pinterest you can check out our Fall and Thanksgiving Inspiration Board here. Today’s Fall Friday Feature and decorating tips are for the dining room. Check out this beauty!
1. Add layers with different textiles and materials. You don’t need to use pumpkins and Fall leaves to create a cozy, Fall, space. Even though most of the colors in this dining room are neutral, it’s all of the layers and textures that make this room warm and inviting.
2. Try a little pop of color. The gorgeous flowers, candle, and subtle red stripe on the throw are a nod to Fall’s brilliant colors and keeps the room light and fresh.
3. An unexpected basket in the dining room? I love this idea, I have baskets in every other room so why not the dining room? It adds a lovely, unexpected touch, and can hold your table linens or a couple of bottles of wine for any last-minute gatherings.
4. Mix up the seating. Switch out dining chairs with other occasional chairs or even a sofa from another room. Even easier, add slip covers or a couple of throw pillows to create a more inviting seat.
5. Add in metal. The wrought iron pendant and silver goblets keep all of the brown tones from feeling “muddy” and adds a touch of modern. Who doesn’t love a rustic, modern, cozy space for Fall?
Okay, I just have to say, how brilliant is the placement of the table and banquet style seating? There is such a nice flow from the front door and it goes seemingly with the rest of the room. Doesn’t it make you want to change the layout of your rooms? Who says you need a dining room or a kitchen for the table. Love it!
I hope you had the chance to stop by the “That’s Fresh Friday” linky party. You can still participate and enjoy new posts here.
Thanks for stopping by,