See how painted floors can add an instant update to worn and tired flooring or to replace the use of a large area rug.
I am excited to share with you today one of my “bucket list” decor projects, painting floors. I currently live in a rental property and will probably have to wait a few years and multiple PCS (military) moves before my family has the opportunity to buy our dream house.
BUT, when we do, the dining room better watch out! Painting a gorgeous pattern on the floor in place of a rug just screams DIY. We have never really used a rug in our dining rooms before, not that I am against it.
We seem to always have an open floor layout and plenty of rugs in the living spaces to divide up the floor plan. Plus, it is easy to keep the bare floor clean and to slide chairs in and out from the table.
Some of you are probably thinking, I would never paint over my gorgeous wood floors, but before you write it off….. take a look at these beauties.
12 Beautiful Painted Pretty Floors
The first time I saw painted floors was on the Nate Berkus show, Spring 2011. He had a guest who shared pictures of her house.
Are you in love? I immediately fell for these. It is also a fantastic way to cover flaws, it shows patina well, and it is cheaper than having your floors redone.
Fun living room. So practical for families with children, pets, or allergies. 🙂
I love the gloss on this kitchen floor with a classic checkered pattern.
The kitchen breakfeast nook is just charming with a plaid pattern.
These floors look fresh and bright!
This gorgeous floor pattern is achieved using different stains.
Here is a beautiful “rug runner” in a galley kitchen.
design by Merrilee McGehee
Another option for painting floors? How about painting stairs? The Novogratz did this lovely runner in a beach house.
Are you ready to pull out the paintbrushes? You can always paint a concrete porch or patio too! Think how lovely that would be in outdoor living space this Spring!!
Using a stencil to spruce up a worn floor replaces the need for a large area rug.
Here is a lovely example of how a little paint can make a big impact. Perfect if you don’t want to cover your entire floor.
Okay, I had to add some black and white. Simply stunning.
Use a ruler and painter’s tape to create a geometric pattern. You can also create a stencil or use a ready-made stencil from your local craft store.
Don’t be discouraged if you think you will grow tired or mess up a design. Just lightly sand the floor and try again!
Which space is your favorite?
- DIY Scalloped Christmas Trees – 5 Steps Guide!Create your own festive DIY Scalloped Felt Christmas Trees with this easy guide! Perfect for holiday decor, these charming trees add handmade warmth to your home. Hello, wonderful follower! It’s that time of the year again when the festive cheer spreads through the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a…
- Your Quick Guide to Crafting DIY Gilded Pumpkins and GourdsCraft gorgeous DIY gilded pumpkins and gourds for chic Fall decor with just a few supplies and easy step-by-step instructions. Let me give your traditional Thanksgiving décor a hint of sparkle because you’re about to dive into a world of DIY glam pumpkins today! Why Go Gold When I Paint Metallic Pumpkins? Gold isn’t just…
- Wallpaper on Textured Walls: Yes, You Can! Here’s HowDon’t let textured walls hold you back! Follow our tips and tricks for a beautiful finish with different types of wallpaper. Wallpaper is everywhere again and with its fresh, modern, and beautiful designs and latest technology is really a doable project for anyone. You are probably wondering if you can cover your textured wall with…
- Revamp Your Space: Easy Lamp Makeover Ideas to Update Your DecorBring new life into your decor with a DIY lamp makeover using paint and ribbon. Transform a mismatched lamp into an updated stylish one! Hey there, dear reader! Have you ever felt limited by the colors in your home decor, like a beautiful lamp that just doesn’t quite fit with your current style? You’re not…
- Creating Your Perfect Wall Gallery: Tips and TricksFind inspiration for art wall galleries with a few fun DIYs, styling tips, art arrangement ideas, and beautiful examples. Are you tired of staring at your plain, empty walls? Do you wish there was a way to infuse personality and style into your living space without breaking the bank? If you’ve ever felt like your…