Create DIY bohemian clipboards in minutes for an easy back to school DIY. Perfect temporary display for art, school calendars, and other mementos.
Greetings friend! The gals from The Global Styler are back after a short summer break and are excited to share back to school DIYs that are globally inspired! I whipped together a quick project updating plain clipboards to boho wall hangers in minutes with a super easy DIY.
DIY Bohemian Clipboards with Gold
*This post is sponsored by Stencil Revolution who generously offered for me to try out their amazing line of stencils. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’m sure you are familiar with this story. When school starts for us, there is a never ending influx of reminders, school calendars, forms, art, and other pieces of paper especially with my younger one. What better way to keep them organized than with a pretty and practical way to temporary display them until they are no longer needed. So I headed to the 100 yen store (one last time before we leave Japan *tear*) to grab my supplies.
Here’s what you need for boho clipboards:
- 2 plain clipboards
- Gothic Butterfly and Bee stencil from Stencil Revolution
- Gold craft paint
- Stencil brush
- Washi or craft tape
- Decorative cording (I found Japanese fabric cord at the “dollar store”)
How to create boho clipboards:
- Hold your stencil in place with washi tape.
- Keeping your brush dry, dab it into the gold craft paint, wipe a little off, and stifle lightly directly on top of the stencil.
- Use light coats and repeat the last step until the stencil is completely filled in.
- Cut the decorative cording into 10-12 inch pieces and directly tie to the clip or staple to the backside of the clipboard for a hanger.
Since we are moving, I’ve already filled all the holes in the wall so I asked my daughter to model her new back to school clipboards!
And that’s it! Just a couple of awesome stencils and a few minutes to create back to school bohemian clipboards!
Makes sure to check out what Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living is sharing!