No-sew Hotel Inspired Pillow Shams
Greetings my dear readers! I am so excited how today’s DIY project turned out. I bought an inexpensive plain white duvet set a couple of months ago and had the brilliant idea to make my own hotel inspired pillow shams to spruce it up a bit. 😉 I love it when a projects turns out as good as I planned!
Hotel Inspired Pillow Shams
two plain shams
ribbon (I bought a 7 yard one inch grosgrain ribbon and it was plenty!)
iron on fusible webbing
scissors, tape measure, and iron
a little glue
1. Wash and iron pillow shams
2. Measure the width of your sham from seam to seam and take away two inches. Cut four pieces of ribbon and webbing.
3. Measure the height of your sham the same way and cut four pieces of ribbon and webbing.
4. Add a little glue to the edges of the ribbon to keep it from unraveling. (I used Elmer’s glue.) You can drape the ribbon across your ironing board so the ends of the ribbon don’t touch anything while the glue dries.
5. Place the webbing on the sham two inches from the top with one inch on each side. Use the steam from the iron to melt the webbing in place a little. Lay the ribbon on top, place a cloth over it, and iron.
6. Do the opposite side of the pillow sham the same way and then the sides. This will keep the ribbon overlapping the same way.
Do a happy dance because the first one turned out so awesome!!! The second one will be even easier. 🙂
They look so pretty with my throw pillows! I love how a little black and white makes everything pop.
Do you have any pillows that could use an extra detail?
Now on to my next project! Have a wonderful day,
Darling! And I love your headboard!
Thanks Kristin! I found the headboard at World Market.
These are soooooooo so pretty. I have been wanting to spruce up my bedroom but keep it simple at the same time. I seriously am going to do this this weekend!
Love it!! Have fun. 🙂
Thanks so much for sharing your project on our #PARABlogCrew link party.
Thanks for hosting Sabrina!! I love your pretty blog. 🙂