Puzzled with Patterns?
Are you puzzled with Patterns? Take this fun quiz and find out!
Name the Patterns
Are you ready for the answers? Scroll down and check them.
|photo via Apartment Therapy|
|Photo via Elements of Style|
1. Herringbone (this one is a little more modern than the traditional men’s outerwear).
2. Gingham (this pattern comes from the check fabric family)
12. Basket weave
13. Toile de Jouy or better known as just Toile (in this case a Parrot Toile)
15. Fret pattern, also known as Greek Key
16. Batik (the art of dyeing fabric and saving color with wax)
How well did you do? I learned the proper name for Greek Key pattern this week. =)
Leave me a comment. I love hearing from you.
P.S. Did you know there are well over 200 names for patterns? If you are curious to know more about them check out Artlandia Glossary of Patterns.
I knew 3 and 14 but the rest could not figure out that is why my house is not decorated lol
LOL, check out Design at Your Door (top tab), if you become a friend through google connect you get a chance to win a free design. (contest closes at 100 friends) And seriously, if you have any design or decor questions, I write posts all of the time for solutions for my friends!
I knew half of them. I’m out of the loop when it comes to fabric patterns.
Awesome job! I put a lot on there. Thanks for participating.
Well I knew 4 out of 16! I thought I would know more!
Maybe some where on the tip of your tongue? =) Thanks for commenting. I think I might do more fun quizzes in the future!